Cars Project Rex - a tuned GD-series Impreza for AC

Well, you're correct in that it's a very long answer... there are quite a few files with many data points in each one, and the more of those you can measure or research, the better your car will be. (There will inevitably be some things you don't know, and in that case you have to set things up by feel, but the fewer, the better.)

As far as the Viper is concerned, if you'd like an unlocked set of files from our NFS Viper (an early 90s model) drop me a PM and I can share whatever's in there that might be useful. And I'm happy to help you modify them to better match your 04. It's a lot of fun driving your own car in AC.

Hmm, I may have to take you up on that at some point. My sim rig has been sitting unused in the basement for a while now. Might give me more excuse to use it if I had something I really wanted to drive. I had talked with A3DR about doing a gen 3 Viper at some point in the future, but I know he's got plenty of other projects on his list, so mine was more of a "if you're ever bored" kinda thing. Having the car sitting in my garage and all the service manual stuff for it as well as a dyno sheet makes it a bit easier at least.

Sounds like solid data... research is the workiest part of physics modding. Given all the numbers, it's a pretty straightforward process once you know the engine.

Ah, so here it all begins !
So glad that A3DR is the one to make this come to live. Better late then never ! - Lovely.

Funny, i was looking at the pictures A3DR posted, and pondered - if Aphigod has a tuned STi, why the heck is he running stock exhaust.
And here i can read that you dont, you have MadDad Whisper exhaust.
And i am like - What !? What is this. Who is this Impreza guy ? :)
I mean, i ran HKS HiPower with like 5" endpipe, and SSQV dumpvalve - just as everybody else did back in the days !
Volume was everything - right, if it aint fast, let it atleast sound so.

But you, got a totally non-impreza way of doing it, silent exhaust, and a recirculated blow-of valve !
AND the stock wing. HAH. Mine didnt last one month.
I love it. Just because its so, non typical way of modding it.

I promise you, i will not be gentle to your virtual subaru when it releases.
And that, after all this year it seems, looking when this thread was started - it finally happening.
So happy !
Thanks A3DR and thanks Aphigod for making it public !

Last edited:
Nice. :)

I might be the only WRX owner on earth who hates blue cars, so I decided to skip the handbook and just put all the money into making it a better car. :p

BLUE BLUE BLUE!!

Screenshot_a3dr_subaru_impreza_wrx_ks_brands_hatch_13-5-120-11-13-42.jpg

• Deleted member 223075

@A3DR Looks better like this
joeb.jpg

Hmm yes it's a 22B rear wing but not bad ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.