PC1 Project CARS official moderators are mad with power

I've been critiquing Project CARS mostly inside the Assetto Corsa thread on their official forums, and for that, I was banned (either that or the posts with me wondering why, in two years, nothing had still been done to the grass rendering), which is simply silly.

But not only that, I've now also been banned from their Steam forums by posting this:

To answer the OP, the only racing game worth buying right now is Assetto Corsa.

Now, I was with PCARS for a number of months (no longer because apparently the moderators at their forum can't handle critique so they ban instead), but I saw very little progress when it came to the actual feeling of the cars, which just isn't there.

Sure, they add new cars and new tracks (yet long standing graphical issues aren't dealt with), and they make sure the cars might be within realistic performance numbers, but numbers doesn't equal feeling and PCARS still lacks feeling.

And cue people saying it's alpha, but the OP said "right now", and right now, Asssetto Corsa blows everything else out of the water.

Apparently I need to "learn what a critique is", yet on their own forums, whenever someone mentions the lack of feeling, everyone just replies "oh, but you just wait for the new physics", which in itself is an implicit admission of what I'm saying!

I think this is what happens when you give people moderation power who are too heavily invested in something and therefor can't take a step back and see things from a wider perspective. Living in a bubble is never healthy...

Also, I dish out similar critique to both iRacing and Assetto Corsa, and nobody on those forums even bats an eye, which is as it should be. If all feedback they want in a forum are from yes sayers, then their product will be inferior in the end.

I've been critiquing Project CARS mostly inside the Assetto Corsa thread on their official forums, and for that, I was banned (either that or the posts with me wondering why, in two years, nothing had still been done to the grass rendering), which is simply silly.

But not only that, I've now also been banned from their Steam forums by posting this:

Apparently I need to "learn what a critique is", yet on their own forums, whenever someone mentions the lack of feeling, everyone just replies "oh, but you just wait for the new physics", which in itself is an implicit admission of what I'm saying!

I think this is what happens when you give people moderation power who are too heavily invested in something and therefor can't take a step back and see things from a wider perspective. Living in a bubble is never healthy...

Also, I dish out similar critique to both iRacing and Assetto Corsa, and nobody on those forums even bats an eye, which is as it should be. If all feedback they want in a forum are from yes sayers, then their product will be inferior in the end.
I thought you were only on a warning like a type of probation which a number of forums actually do so they just don't ban people outright. That means you were given a chance and a reason why you were given a warning and urged to change the types of dialog that got you the warning in the first place. If you did in fact continue with the type of tone that got you into that position the next act is to ban you. There are a few that have gotten warnings and chilled out until the warning is lifted and going forward have ended up getting more warnings. Thing is they knew when to chill out. As for your case I don't know all the details and was not aware you received the ban. As for our moderators they do a great job of keeping the peace and maintain a civil and positive environment. Sorry it happened to you but such is life take care and I look forward to seeing you in the MP sessions when the game officially releases.

These were the two last posts I made:

I'm actually very annoyed at the track side camera men they added to AC. Really unnecessary detail that doesn't add anything, imo, and worse, they don't go away, even at minimum detail level!

Also, I truly hope they don't add helicopters to AC. Blimps, fine, helicopters no. I raced at Suzuka in PCARS earlier this week, and the shadow on the track from the helicopter really threw me off!

If the racing is good enough, and has enough detail, and in AC it does, you don't care about track side cosmetics, so I hope they will continue to improve the feeling and immersion of the actual racing (in both games).

I think people needs to begin to differentiate between unnecessary crap not part of the track and which doesn't improve the actual racing, like camera men, waving flags, helicopters, birds, and actual track-side detail which as someone mentioned, could serve as braking markers.

Like, for example, there's a cool video of the Bathurst track in iRacing where they show all the different signs, mailboxes, drains and even some bloody boards someone nailed to a tree, and that's totally OK because it's part of the actual track!

(But sure, iRacing is also going a bit crazy with some of its detail, like the garbage bins behind the houses you can't even see from the track in Zolder, and stuff like that, but it does make the helicopter and blimp cameras look very nice.)

And some people disagreed with me and some people agreed, as it should be.

And note how I dish it out both to AC and Project CARS. I don't discriminate when critique is warranted.

Also, you won't see me in the MP when the game is released, because unless it ends up in the bargain bin, of course I won't buy it now, and neither will I recommend any of my friends to buy it, and instead actively urge them to get AC instead (and naturally do the same on all forums I post on... unless Project CARS drastically improves its feeling with those "new physics" everyone was talking about, but as it stands now, how will I ever know, so I guess I'll stick to recommending AC).

From what I can see, they take no poop in the AC forums either.
You have to try a bit harder on the internet when communicating, lots of subtle things missing when communicating in text and not to mention language barriers.
Just a little more effort required by some.

If you go on a Forum that is made for the one thing i.e a specific game, football team, spray tan... and then start saying don't **** buy it buy something else/support another team this one is ****.... What do you think is gonna happen? You get a Gold Star?
The naivety of some people beggars belief!

If i was to 'critique' AC by saying "Car X feels strange with my settings Y" then that fair game. But if i said "Car X is ****. Everybody buy PCARS!" i would expect admonishment!

Mod edit
Censored swears out of post. Please keep it decent ok.... No need for swearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
These were the two last posts I made:

And some people disagreed with me and some people agreed, as it should be.

And note how I dish it out both to AC and Project CARS. I don't discriminate when critique is warranted.

Also, you won't see me in the MP when the game is released, because unless it ends up in the bargain bin, of course I won't buy it now, and neither will I recommend any of my friends to buy it, and instead actively urge them to get AC instead (and naturally do the same on all forums I post on... unless Project CARS drastically improves its feeling with those "new physics" everyone was talking about, but as it stands now, how will I ever know, so I guess I'll stick to recommending AC).
Yes I ended up going back for a look and I think the post where you called out a moderator and a developer in the same post is what did it sorry to say.
Not up to me and I am sorry to see anyone go. Again I hope you enjoy the game when released.

But if i said "Car X is ****. Everybody buy PCARS!" i would expect admonishment!

Well, as you can see, I did no such thing.

Yes I ended up going back for a look and I think the post where you called out a moderator and a developer in the same post is what did it sorry to say.
Not up to me and I am sorry to see anyone go. Again I hope you enjoy the game when released.

That post is what I got a warning for, and I think both people I called out were moderators (the only SMS developer posting in that thread was someone doing interfaces, unless I'm mistaken).

Again, there is no chance now that I'm going to buy the game on release. :)

Well, as you can see, I did no such thing.

That post is what I got a warning for, and I think both people I called out were moderators (the only SMS developer posting in that thread was someone doing interfaces, unless I'm mistaken).

Again, there is no chance now that I'm going to buy the game on release. :)
No it was an SMS employee and a forum moderator. Anyway that's done and over no need to dwell on it really. Also your point is clear that there are other titles that are more engaging for you which is all good but if you are like me and curiosity plays big roll in your choices I suspect you will give the final game a try if not buying it outright we are sim junkies and new software is our fix!

As usual, SMS/WMD move to silence any negative members of their forums/working area. Eobet, remember, because you paid to be an alpha/beta minion, you virtually signed a contract of work that states you must only praise the game or go. That's how it is. Ask for your investment back.

Edit: I wonder how many fanboys and WMD/SMS creeps will now make comment.? Lets see.

Last edited:
As usual, SMS/WMD move to silence any negative members of their forums/working area. Eobet, remember, because you paid to be an alpha/beta minion, you virtually signed a contract of work that states you must only praise the game of go. That's how it is. Ask for your investment back.

LOL .....I see Ben Collins and Nic Hamilton criticize pinpointed parts of pCARS on a weekly basis :)

And I see lots of members including me be outspoken on things we don't like,

but we don't get in to personal insults with the devs.

But it's amusing to see the very persistent vitriol against pCARS from You.

I don't contribute much with the project (working to much), but I hope it turns out OK for pCARS

I would not be happy if my INVESTMENT went south (30$ I think it is lol).

Andy, your nervous tick is creeping through again ...

I wondered how long it would be before someone from the WMD/SMS camp trolled this thread for a reaction.

Nice one Chris.:rolleyes::poop:
664a0122-0a2e-4e6f-9ecd-aafb85eab7b7_zps011723e5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom
Not at all, especially if you can't even follow common rules of courtesy and get infuriated by the mere request to follow them.

It really isn't that hard not to insult - openly or not - people.

Tom

Ok - well if you seriously think Andy is offended or deeply hurt by what must be a cruel personal attack from me, then of course I can only apologise. Very surprised though. And it's somewhat ironic. Andy, were you offended?

Ok - well if you seriously think Andy is offended or deeply hurt by what must be a cruel personal attack from me, then of course I can only apologise. Very surprised though. And it's somewhat ironic. Andy, were you offended?
It's not about what he thinks or feels. We've had enough trouble with pCars threads in the past, so this ends here. No more discussions about how this is being handled. We have our reasons but they don't concern you, you're merely bound to two things:

- following the rules
- following a moderators directive

Any questions? PM.

Tom

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back