Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

@JDougNY

Outstanding work, please take my eternal gratitude and awe for your modding skills in return :D

I hope you guys don't mind a few pics, I just can't get enough of this now even more beautiful car ;)

392.jpg

@LamboMantisMan23
It would be a shame if all that work would go to waste. If I only had the skills, I'd certainly give it a go!

Attachments

• 392.jpg
    392.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 205
Didouc changes should have been provided as a patch (not a full download), because he wasn't original author. His changes don't conflict with what I provided. I was only going to send my changes/corrections to Gethemaat via p.m. But, due to finding errors in that car, I thought that others might be interested in some things being cleaned up.
Ok....I'll leave the cars of others alone from now on. I've got plenty to do as it is.

Didouc changes should have been provided as a patch (not a full download), because he wasn't original author. His changes don't conflict with what I provided. I was only going to send my changes/corrections to Gethemaat via p.m. But, due to finding errors in that car, I thought that others might be interested in some things being cleaned up.
Ok....I'll leave the cars of others alone from now on. I've got plenty to do as it is.
...and it looks spectacular...

I found this tool useful to extract values from the dyno plots:

http://arohatgi.info/WebPlotDigitizer/

It's not hard to configure it... I used it, but my F40 has a little more torque because the turbos...
Is there any formula to know what extra torque gives the turbo?

I found this tool useful to extract values from the dyno plots:

http://arohatgi.info/WebPlotDigitizer/

It's not hard to configure it... I used it, but my F40 has a little more torque because the turbos...
Is there any formula to know what extra torque gives the turbo?
The dyno plots of real cars, if done right, would provide only the wheel horsepower, which will be much lower than the claimed estimated HP at the flywheel. The dyno chart would provide an idea of how to shape the torque curve, but all torque would be increased to meet the claimed estimated flywheel HP/Torque. In the CDFbin, drivetrain losses would be accounted for by setting all of the friction variables properly...something SMS fails to do BTW.

Let's say we have a boosted car with claim of 400hp @ 7000 rpm and 550nm @ 4500 rpm. We find that the turbos provide 10psi of boost.

1psi of boost provides approximately +5.319149 percent increase to both HP and to torque. The twin turbo seems to yield just a touch more boost over the single turbo.

10psi of boost = approximately 53.19149 percent of boost to HP and to torque.

In edfbin, the WasteGateRange is set in Pascal. The base value is always 100,000.00, which is standard atmospheric pressure.
10psi of boost = 68947.5728 Pascal
So, in edfbin, we would set the 1st value for WasteGateRange to 168947.5728 Pascal (100,000.00 base + 68947.5728 boost)

The engine would be designed with a "detune", because the turbo simulation will add ~53% boost. The engine torque curve would be designed for 261.2hp @ 7000 RPM and 359.1nm @ 4500 rpm in this example.

The final tweak is to the size of the air restrictor (AirRestrictorRange) in EDFbin to yield the correct peak HP. This is done for any type of engine.

Last edited:
Hi fellas,
I sent a little teaser image to Sam's blog. Our next project is pretty big, I tell ya ;) Soon I'll be sending snaps of actual cars in action.

hey guys! is there o good tutorial to convert cars from AC to project cars? AC is so boring..but..they have wonderfull cars! so ..i liked tries to convert (at least intend) some cars of AC in pcars...thanks in advance!

So, the first batch of images of the HH mod is up. From now on Ill be sending pics of each new car as it becomes more and more presentable.

Great work as ever so far!
But my biggest hopes are, that all the cars you ever made, could be easily converted to Project Cars 2! Especcially I would love to the the GT1 mod by Mojo Team in pCars2.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back