Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

Off Topic:
When SMS released the complete car list of pCARS2 we learned that some cars from pCARS1 would not return(Ruf, Aston Martin DBR1-2, Audi R18 TDI, Gumpert Apollo, Ariel Atom, Alpine A450, Lykan, McLaren 12C, Formula B etc)
Do you think it will be possible to convert these cars to pCARS 2?
Of course they could all be put into pCars 2. Not so much converting...more like copy straight over with some revisions new to pCars2. That is.....if pCars2 can be modded.
If my team were to do any of those cars, I would end up rewriting the physics.

hi mates! i tries to put mods in pcars but dont work nothing! i follow every steps of instructions of jsme but any car appaer in the showroom!so..any ideas? i made a clean installation and still not working! so..its there another way to put the mods? its a shame that pcars dont have a simple methos like rfactor or asseto corsa.
thanks in advance!

@jimclark06
#1 - Your game version must be fully updated to Version 11.2. If your game is not this version, update before going any further.

#2 - Place the file "mods.txt" in the main (root) folder for pCars. Follow the instructions for the addon car as to what to paste into mods.txt

#3 - Place the file "tiremod.rg" in the main (root) folder for pCars. Follow the instructions for the addon car as to what to paste into tiremod.rg

#4 - When copying the folder/files of the addon car into the "MODS" folder, make sure you don't have extra (nested) subfolders in there. For instance, the folder structure should look like this....
"MODS\My New Car V1.00\animation\
......:: ...............:: \audio
......:: ...............:: \gui

Some mod cars (but also standard ones), like the 650S GT3 in the pics below, seem to have parts that are not properly occluded (hidden) in rainy/hazy/foggy conditions, in this case illustrated by the windscreen as well as the side and rear windows sticking out of the fog on long camera shots.

Is this something that can easily be rectified?

^ Anyone?

And sorry for being a nuisance once again, but I was curious whether (or how) it'd possible to add parts of the car headlights as daytime running lights (so that these parts remain lit even when the lights are off, see 650S GT3 above).

Particularly, it's the LED stripes in the headlights of the Huracan GT3 I want to change:

Real one:

Moreover, can the headlight color be changed to actually cast a yellow light?

Last edited:
^ Anyone?

And sorry for being a nuisance once again, but I was curious whether (or how) it'd possible to add parts of the car headlights as daytime running lights (so that these parts remain lit even when the lights are off, see 650S GT3 above).

Particularly, it's the LED stripes in the headlights of the Huracan GT3 I want to change:

Real one:

Moreover, can the headlight color be changed to actually cast a yellow light?

You can copy the glowing part from the glow texture to the lights texture, and for the cast... Refer to the JDougNY post:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-modding-questions-wip.105969/page-36#post-2269446

@GethemaAT
Wolfsburg directed you to my post on how to change the color/intensity of the light projected on the track for the headlights

To have lights be running lights, use external state ID's 17 & 18 for polygons to be lit as noted below....
Code:
External state ID's assigned to lit polygons

1: Front Left Headlight
2: Front Right Headlight
3: Rear Left BrakeLight (bright, lights up when you hit brakes)
4: Rear Right BrakeLight (bright, lights up when you hit brakes)
5: Rear Left TailLight lights constantly, when you drive in dusk)
6: Rear Right TailLight (not bright, lights constantly, when you drive in dusk)
7: Rear Left TailLight (combination of id3 and id5)
8: Rear Right TailLight (combination of id4 and id6)
9: Rear Left ReverseLight (bright reverse light)
10: Rear Right ReverseLight (bright reverse light)
11: Cockpit/Interior Glow
12: Middle/Center BrakeLight (bright, lights up when you hit brakes)
13. Brake Disc Glow - Front Left
14. Brake Disc Glow - Front Right
15. Brake Disc Glow - Rear Left
16. Brake Disc Glow - Rear Right
17. Front left running light (any conditions)
18. Front right running light (any conditions)
19. License plate glow

@wolfsburg
@JDougNY

Thank you both very much for your answers! :thumbsup:

Please forgive the stupid question(s), but I'm fairly new to modding.

When attempting to change the color/intensity of the projected light, I first open up the respective car's CGP file in a HEX editor, such as, in my case, HxD. However, I struggle when it comes to finding the right numbers.

How do I search for/replace the code below? A search for the HEX numbers for the the white headlights in a car's CGP file with white lights didn't yield any results, as did a search for the 0x30-0x3F bit. However, I can see that certain sequences of the HEX numbers (e.g. 33 33 73 3F) are present in the file's HEX code.

Code:
0x30-0x3F // headlight color on track surface
E1 7A 54 3F 0A D7 63 3F 33 33 73 3F 00 00 A0 41 // code for white
00 00 80 3F 66 66 66 3F CD CC CC 3D 00 00 A0 41 // code for yellow

As for running lights and external ID's, which file do I have to modify?

I tried searching the thread for info and some tutorials on this, but I somehow got lost in translation... :unsure:

hxd2.jpg

In that line are the values(R,G,B,Intensity), it are in groups of 4 in little endian(reversed) with http://hexed.it you can see it in decimal...
hxd1.jpg
P.s: Sorry for my english...

As for running lights and external ID's, which file do I have to modify?

I tried searching the thread for info and some tutorials on this, but I somehow got lost in translation... :unsure:

Unfortunatelly, you can't modify a file to have the good ID, you have to redo it in Zmodeler. And reworking an existing car is much harder than recreate one by yourself...

@all

If somebody can get me the most current version of Lambo Huracan GT3, I can look into changing the lights for GethemaAT. I see a rehosting of V1.1 on youtube....don't know if that is most current.
Send to me via p.m.

Unfortunately no, doesn't work like that. If you do that, all lights parts will be brighter but without the glowing effect. The only way to have the good effect is to set the good ID's to the specific polygons... Wait for Doug's work with it!

On that Lambo Huracan GT3, I found some errors related to missing textures and/or improper textures in use in various materials. I've corrected all of that. I've got the light mebs loaded into 3d editor and I'll get it sorted out. From the pics, it looks like all of it should glow yellow.

@all

If somebody can get me the most current version of Lambo Huracan GT3, I can look into changing the lights for GethemaAT. I see a rehosting of V1.1 on youtube....don't know if that is most current.
Send to me via p.m.

On that Lambo Huracan GT3, I found some errors related to missing textures and/or improper textures in use in various materials. I've corrected all of that. I've got the light mebs loaded into 3d editor and I'll get it sorted out. From the pics, it looks like all of it should glow yellow.

Woohoo! Is it Christmas already? :D

@ Anyone

I've got a Lamborghini Huracan Performante completed 100% in-game ready for release except physics and audio. I'm not a physics guy, clearly. If anyone's interested in working on the physics or audio, let me know. Otherwise there won't be a release and it'll be wasted.

@GethemaAT
@all

Lambo Huracan GT3 Patch 1.2
Get it HERE

Deactivate car. Overwrite existing files with those from the patch. Activate car.

Patch 1.2 Change notes
- added 2 cable textures that were missing
- added missing dummy damage texture and edited lights material to use
- for mirror material, the specular texture was missing and an improper normal texture was used. Replaced all with common textures from pCars
- added missing common_glass_spec texture
- edited CGP for yellow headlight projection on track surface
- edited lights diffuse and glow textures for yellow color
- changed color of front headlight glass covering from clear to yellow by editing light_glass texture
- changed headlight flares (lightglows_f meb) to yellow color
- Changed light meb ID assignments to turn headlight bars into running lights

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back