PC1 Project Cars Delayed Until March 2015

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Project Cars Raining.jpg

Originally set for a November 2014 release the news reached us today that Project Cars will be re-scheduled for March 2015 meaning that fans of the multi-platform racing title will not be able to play the anticipated title during the gaming intensive holiday season in December.

Namco Bandai sent out the following press release, after rumors that have surfaced around the internet about a possible delay, officially confirming what was publicly known since yesterday.

Slightly Mad Studios and BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe S.A.S today announced they will be moving the release of Project CARS for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC to March 20th 2015 in Europe and Australasia.

The move positions the title away from the competitive holiday scene dominated by household names while affording the team at Slightly Mad Studios additional time to extend and polish their ground-breaking and accomplished next-gen racing experience that’s been created alongside a community of over 85,000 racing fans and real-life professional drivers.

“Our goal has always been to deliver a landmark title that encompasses the wishes and desires of racing fans from all around the world; something with features and content powered by the community that provide a truly unforgettable and pioneering experience” said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios. “Whilst a tough decision to make, the change in release date allows the game the greatest chance of success and visibility, and the opportunity to polish the game even further to the high standards that both ourselves and our community demand and expect. We’re eager for you all to see what we’ve been working on in just a few months.”

Project CARS aims to deliver the most authentic, beautiful, intense, and technically-advanced racing game on the planet. Crowd-funded by a passionate community that has been involved in the development process from day-one to create their ultimate racing experience, Project CARS includes the largest track roster of any recent racing game, a huge variety of motorsports to play, a freeform and authentic career mode, world-class graphics and handling, dynamic time of day & weather, and a suite of community features and connectivity that leave the competition behind in the dust.
For more on Project Cars check out the forum. Up- and download game modifications via the downloads section. Share your latest photos and videos in our gallery.

Sounds like typical WMD spin, I'm a senior kit holder but I doubt I will get my name used as an AI driver seeing as there is so many senior kit holders, which was part of the spiel with the seniors and above kits. And I suppose I will get my full copy of the game one day, if they ever release the thing, I suppose it's still in Alpha too, what a joke! fed up with the Bull:poop: from WMD/SMS.

I'm just glad Kunos and Sector3 studio's don't make unrealistic promises to it's customer/fan base.

Just my opinion, like it or lump it :laugh:

Sounds like typical WMD spin, I'm a senior kit holder but I doubt I will get my name used as an AI driver seeing as there is so many senior kit holders, which was part of the spiel with the seniors and above kits. And I suppose I will get my full copy of the game one day, if they ever release the thing, I suppose it's still in Alpha too, what a joke! fed up with the Bull:poop: from WMD/SMS.

LOL, I bet you wouldn't write a post like this at WMD mate? Go on I dare ya. :laugh: :devilish::sneaky:

LOL, I bet you wouldn't write a post like this at WMD mate? Go on I dare ya. :laugh: :devilish::sneaky:
Hahahaha :D, not likely, seen to many get there rear ends reamed & accounts deleted for "Negative Comments" when pcars forum's first started, in fact I asked for my $138Aud back, but it had been 6 weeks after purchase, they said "No", which they had a legal right to do, even though not offering a cool down period or refund policy is poor customer relations as well as morally greedy, it seems it's perfectly legal.
Ive come to expect that type of behaviour from many companies, not just software devs, but thats another story and off topic :thumbsup:.
The game will get here one day, how good it becomes is is yet to be seen, we can only hope it satisfies expectations :cautious: considering the hype!!

Cheers

in fact I asked for my $138Aud back, but it had been 6 weeks after purchase, they said "No", which they had a legal right to do, even though not offering a cool down period or refund policy is poor customer relations as well as morally greedy, it seems it's perfectly legal.
Cheers

Trust me. All you need to do is go on there, tell the game is pants and simcade or words to that effect and "bam" you'll be gone and refunded all that lovely dosh.
;):cool::D

List of games delayed till 2015 - and this was of June this year - the list is even longer now:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/06/07/the-biggest-video-game-delays-of-2014/

making February the busiest month next year. Also makes WMD's stated reason of getting away from the the busy holiday release schedule pretty mute. They've moved themselves to an even busier time period!

Delaying release for quality issues is fine but don't think things will be quieter next year.

Delaying isn't such a big problem really. I think many games are delayed during their development cycle but you never hear about them as some devs still develop in silence and present their product once its ready to be presented.

If you keep the 'marketing mouth' shut nobody can or will complain or be disappointed. However once the Hypetrain is set in motion and reaches full speed there is no turning back, unless the train derails or reaches it's destination on time to deliver.

And who knows how many of those games coming next spring will also be delayed then as well. It's mostly all in flux anyway. I have gotten to the point where I expect delays and the ones that make a date are extraordinary.

In the past games were labeled t.b.a. (to be announced). Nowadays even after a delay a new date is set.

Just don't make any promises, then people don't expect you to keep them either.
I suspect that developers are pressured into giving release dates just to have a reprieve from constant questions and prodding from potential customers and fans. Even hinting at a titles development can be like opening "Pandora's box".

I suspect that developers are pressured into giving release dates just to have a reprieve from constant questions and prodding from potential customers and fans. Even hinting at a titles development can be like opening "Pandora's box".
As I stated in another post, my development team for the companies proprietary business software suite is always getting pressure to come up with a Go-Live date from stake holders no matter how much we resist. We try to explain that there are too many missing process definitions, feature creep, and moving targets to accurately "predict" a Go-Live. We missed our first "estimate" and got an earful from ownership! We have drawn another line in the sand as we had no other choice and can only hope to make it this time - many sleepless nights!
In the case of SMS and pCARS, they took a shot and missed... I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Most of my other racing sims also need time for feature completion.

Being a business owner myself, I can understand customers having unrealistic expectations at times. The "customer is always right" is great as an motto or attitude for any business but, there are times when we have to draw a line and accept certain incompatibilities in order to maintain order, balance and sanity. Keeping everyone happy is probably never going to be possible and at some point, people's own happiness has to be their responsibility.

I don't see why it would be any different in the world of game development and much of the audience perhaps hasn't learned enough about how life works to know any better. Such is life, eh.

@ Pedro Cunha: I question why anyone needs 4k myself but hey, if you have the money - knock yourself out. The next gen GPU's are said to be even better, more efficient and less costly. I'm more than satisfied with what the GTX 780 can do now with Pcars and a $300 GTX 970 will easily outpace that so - why all the drama? 4K triples - really? That costly experience will easily be bested by Rift CV-1 for a fraction of the cost. To each their own but, your point is a bit extreme IMO.

triples are useless but ..why 4K?..are you nuts?
try some 4kgames maxed out on a ~50" 4k display, and go cry back to your PC!

I look forward to the advent of Virtual Headsets. Car and flight sims seem best poised to utilize them. But I don't want to buy one until all - or most of the bugs are worked out - and it's capable of 1080P display at a bare minimum of 60Hz.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back