PC2 Project Cars 2 Racing Club (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Welcome to RaceDepartment's Racing Club for Project CARS! Project CARS can be played on various platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and we'd like to facilitate and encourage our members to post challenging casual events for members by members.

Platform Prefixes
We now use Prefixes (which you will be required to select when creating a new race (thread).
pc-png.91913

ps4-png.91914

xone-png.91915

Setting up a race
First of all start with a plan. Post a thread not at the final moment before you want to race but open it a couple of days in advance. Official RD events are always scheduled a week in advance for the highest change on success.

Secondly order your threads properly and try to make it as simple as possible. Not everybody wants to read a wall of text with requirements. Keep it simple, easy and friend.

Contents of a racing club thread
  • Select a prefix for your platform of choice.
  • Thread Title: Car Class @ Track - Date
  • Thread Content: Use the template that will be posted soon.
Good luck and have tons of fun racing and we hope to see you on track soon!

Stefan, Kenny, would love to race but something came up last minute. Gotta make an arrangement to keep a dog and I got 1 day, so i need to head out right now to go check some stuff ppl selling on 2nd hand and get my hands dirty in the garden :s
Been a long time since someone killed my holy lazy sunday but it has happened just now :/
Good luck if you 2 guys carry on with the race and (mostlikely) see you at the next event.

Stefan, Kenny, would love to race but something came up last minute. Gotta make an arrangement to keep a dog and I got 1 day, so i need to head out right now to go check some stuff ppl selling on 2nd hand and get my hands dirty in the garden :s
Been a long time since someone killed my holy lazy sunday but it has happened just now :/
Good luck if you 2 guys carry on with the race and (mostlikely) see you at the next event.
Good luck with the dog and since the race is a washout you're not missing anything.

No event this coming week, as we've had little or no turnout lately, today being an example. Looks like pCars isn't working on RD for the moment.
:(
I was looking forward to being able to race again next week. Hopefully the new Free pCars version might pull in some fresh blood. But you are right, competition is murdering with AC pumping out all these awesome porches.

:(
I was looking forward to being able to race again next week. Hopefully the new Free pCars version might pull in some fresh blood. But you are right, competition is murdering with AC pumping out all these awesome porches.
It's a shame, but 2 -4 people just doesn't make a race especially with me trailing along behind.
It's a pity that the free game hasn't allowed MP, as we might have drawn in some new blood by scheduling races using the free content as we do occasionally in the R3E club.
I checked out the WMD forums MP section and it is filled with people announcing events mostly with only 1 or 2 replies or none, maybe it's busier in the console section but on PC it just doesn't seem to attract many people.
I intend to tag all the people normally tagged by this weekend and see what the feeling is.

It's a shame, but 2 -4 people just doesn't make a race especially with me trailing along behind.
It's a pity that the free game hasn't allowed MP, as we might have drawn in some new blood by scheduling races using the free content as we do occasionally in the R3E club.
I checked out the WMD forums MP section and it is filled with people announcing events mostly with only 1 or 2 replies or none, maybe it's busier in the console section but on PC it just doesn't seem to attract many people.
I intend to tag all the people normally tagged by this weekend and see what the feeling is.
Yea I agree, althought I am still up for a 2-4 man race with slower cars on a short circuit (like Brands Hatch Short). That should balance things out a bit but the more the merrier obviously.

I know the free version has no MP, but perhaps that by playing the Free version people are convinced to buy the full version. I don't know, it's a stretch of course.

I suppose you are right, console has much less competition. Assetto Corsa is the only direct competitor to Project CARS and I'd consider pCars both finanically (older title hence cheaper) as well as controls (pCars works better than AC with a gamepad in my experience) and content to be a better pick for most console players. PC just has so many (arguably superior) options for simracing.

Either way, I do appreciate the effort you put in regardless of sign ups @Kenny Paton , thanks :thumbsup:

The Virtual Motorsport Racing Clio Cup UK Season 1, this will feature 5 UK circuits using the RENAULT CLIO CUP and feature a one 20 minute Practice Session and one 15 minute qualifying session and 2 sprint races every 3 weeks.

Teams
Team will consist of 1 or 2 drivers.

Qualifying
Invites will be sent out 15 minutes before the start time of 9PM. Once in your lobby, select your livery. Once everyone is ready to go, the host will ask everybody to ready up and qualifying will begin. There will be 15 minutes of qualifying each week with 20 minutes set on the clock, with 5 minutes left, finish your lap and pull over at Turn 1. Once qualifying is finished, the host will take a photo of the times and leave the lobby. A 15 minute warm up is set for after qualifying(This is optional) and a 1 lap race(again optional). You will then receive an invite once all the times are in order and lobbies ready to go.

Race Rules
Race 1 grid placement is decided by each drivers best time in qualifying
Race 2 grid placement is decided by finishing order from the first race.
Each race begins with a standing start.
Each race will be a minimum distance of 30 miles.
There will be a MANADATORY pit stop on all 2 races

Liveries
Pro9 #4
Hummerich Logistics #5
XtremelC Intercoolers #8
Base One #11
Vu Unsen Voyages #14
Project Cars #15
Prism Engineering #16
Masterkey Tyres #17
Vane Cooling Systems #21
Shalstrone Systems #29
Anderson HP #30
Dominum Musk #31
CRCP #33
Mackeroy #40
Plowman #44
Halbot #45
Swifty #56
Gardiner Bio #61
Achos #65
Volmer #74
Angry Ant Driver Academy #76
Fried+Prinz #94
djim Racing Fuels #04
El Perro Encenido #42
Dhorn Racing #14
Pro9 #3
Hummerich Logistics #6
Project Cars #13
Shalstrone Systems #28
Sobrent #163

Livery choice will be on a first come first served basis.

Weather
Each round will have dynamic weather, although this information will be kept until 24hrs before the race.
Clear
Light Rain

2nd = 28
3rd = 25
4th = 22
5th = 20
6th = 18
7th = 16
8th = 14
9th = 12
10th = 11
11th = 10
12th = 9
13th = 8
14th = 7
15th = 6
16th =5

Lobby Settings
Privacy- Private
Number of laps- see calender
Max Grid size - 14
Max Number Human Opponents - 13
Fill With AI - NO
Opponents All Identical Car - YES
Car Class - Touring - Renault Clio Cup
Rolling Start - NO
Practice 1 & 2 - NO
Qualifying - 15 minutes
Warm up - 15 minutes

Weather Progression - x2
Time Progression - Real Time
Date Type - See Calender

RESTRICTIONS
Force Interior View - NO
Force Manual Gears - NO
Force Realistic Driving aids - NO
Damage - VISUAL
Mechanical Failures - NO
Tire wear - Real
Fuel Usage - Real
Auto Start - YES
Flags & Welcome to the Clio Cup UK Season 1

SCHEDULE

Round 1 - Donington Park
Qualifying - (DRY)
Race 1 - 16 Laps(DRY)
Race 2 - 16 Laps(DRY)

Friday 20th January @ 9pm BST

Round 2 – Snetterton 200
Qualifying - ( DRY )
Race 1 - 18 Laps (DRY)
Race 2 - 18 Laps (DRY)

Friday 10th February @ 9:00pm BST

Round 3 - Oulton Park Island
Qualifying - ( DRY )
Race 1 - 21 Laps (DRY)
Race 2 - 21 Laps (DRY)

Friday 03th March @ 9:00pm BST

Round 4 - Silverstone National Circuit
Qualifying - ( DRY )
Race 1 - 16 Laps (DRY)
Race 2 - 16 Laps (DRY)

Friday 24th March 9:00pm GMT

Round 5 - Brands Hatch GP
Qualifying - (DRY)
Race 1 - 16 Laps - (DRY)
Race 2 - 16 Laps - (DRY)

Tuesday May 31st at 8:00pm

Drivers sign up.

For example for as I'm a single team member.

Driver 1 Real Name: Martyn John Corcoran
Driver 1 Gamertag: Corcoran1991
Driver Number: #59
Driver 2 Real Name: n/a
Driver 2 Gamertag: n/a
Driver 2 Number: # n/a
Team Name: SWIFTY

Hope you all had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. Let 2017 be even better.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

@Kenny Paton @Piotrek Blaszczak I have an idea but I don't know if it would be allowed...
Would it be possible to do some "RD friends private races" without the reporting option, without entry list, without a staff member needed?
My idea would be a thread here (or in the paddock club if premium only) where we can chat about doing little races in pcars together. For AC or R3E I think that would NOT be possible since it would be a rivalry to the official events but since there is nothing for pcars at the moment I thought we could do something like that.

Why I want that: the alternative would be a private conversation or adding all of us on steam but it would be a long time to gather enough people...
So I thought we could use RD as a platform (and premium only so it's not a rivalry to the events and guarantees like minded).
Of course we could say these little races are only allowed while there is no official RD event.
I don't need 30 guys to to that. 2-5 are enough because pcars can fill the grid with AI.

Sorry Kenny if that is a stupid idea, I just had this thought and wanted to share it. I would love to do a little night racing in the rain between the official events :)

Also I have a second idea: in another thread some time ago it was stated that RD has more than enough Servers to host many many events. What do you think about a Trackday server for AC where RD-drivers can meet up 24/7 and do a few laps together. It would be a nice thing for the Rookies where they can train together, learn together or get something shown by the faster guys.

Please don't hesitate to stamp these two ideas to the ground, I can only imagine how much work you guys are doing for RD and of course I will accept and understand if this kind of things are not possible :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 183 87.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 13.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 59 28.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 73 34.9%