PC2 Project CARS 2 New Trailer and Developer Livestream

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Developer Livestream 3 - 1.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have released a brand new trailer from the upcoming Project CARS 2 simulation.

With release scheduled in just over one month, the Project CARS 2 development team have revealed another new trailer for the sequel to the critically acclaimed Project CARS series on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Looking set to be a considerable improvement of the original title, Project CARS 2 will launch with just over 180 cars and 60 tracks when it hits our digital shelves this September 22nd, including five disciplines of racing across 29 series in six Tiers of sporting action.

You can check out the new 1 minute 49 second trailer in all it's glory below:

As well as the new trailer, Slightly Mad Studios have been working hard behind the scenes to help build confidence in the new product amongst a sceptical sim racing community following the first game of the franchise released back in 2015. With all credit due to SMS and their marketing team, the studio have given plenty of coverage to the upcoming title in an effort to showcase the features and content from this potentially impressive entry into the sim racing marketplace.

The latest behind the scenes 'Developer Diary' stream takes a look at the online features due to come with the new title, and is presented by SMS Creative Director, Andy Tudor. You can watch the lengthy video in full below:

You can check out the past developer diary release articles and videos below:

Live Stream #1 - Car Handling
Live Stream #2 - Cars and Tracks.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment over the next month as we continue to bring you all the latest news from Project CARS 2 before its public release.

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on September 22nd 2017.

Project CARS 2 Developer Livestream 3 - 2.jpg

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS 2 sub forum for news and discussion about the new game, plus of course our usual offering of League and Racing Club events, the odd Mod or two and a few other nice little bits and pieces...

Looking forward to Project CARS 2? Think SMS can make a success of the new game? What features from the developer diary video are you most anticipating trying out for yourself? Let us know in the comments section below!

- on paper and on video.... all looks good... but the fact that some youtubers cant lie and say its the best thing since sliced bread as usual, or that they feel is just a refinement on the previous installment doesn't give me great expectations... really wanted it to be something this time instead of just another disconnected experience like the first one was....

M-Bimmer

WhAt GoEs ArOuNd CoMeS ArOuNd
- on paper and on video.... all looks good... but the fact that some youtubers cant lie and say its the best thing since sliced bread as usual, or that they feel is just a refinement on the previous installment doesn't give me great expectations... really wanted it to be something this time instead of just another disconnected experience like the first one was....

just watched that video. Always thought that pCars2 would be better then the first one but i guess it is all about making the next sequel with more features. Let's hope it is not as buggy as the first one. Will wait for reviews, patches & discount before pulling the trigger.

Last edited:
PC2 is mainly a feature upgrade. Better customizable races, snow, ice, seasonal tracks (winter, autumn, spring, summer), rallycross, Ferrari's, Porsches, livetrack 3.0, fully animated pitstops. Graphically I did not find it much different from PC1 (but that was already the strongest point of PC1). Physics maybe a bit better, but still not on the same level as AC, rF2, R3E, and AMS. Good and fun game, but racing sim... don't think so (yet).

Through reasons that I cannot reveal, as I suspected and as I expected, I am no longer looking forward to this.

Yes it looks fantastic, yes it has all the bells and whistles that shout out, LOOK AT ME, but the handling and the physics and FFB, are just well...****....sorry let me put this Politically correct....very very disappointing

Through reasons that I cannot reveal, as I suspected and as I expected, I am no longer looking forward to this.

Yes it looks fantastic, yes it has all the bells and whistles that shout out, LOOK AT ME, but the handling and the physics and FFB, are just well...****....sorry let me put this Politically correct....very very disappointing

Really Shaun :( ..I was really hoping not, as you said it has all the bells and whistles ...such a shame.

Lets go for broke, and this is aimed @Ian Bell . You said you was good last time, this time your epic as you said, ok ok, I have been taught to blow ones trumpet in an appraisal at work, so answer me this..

You was good last time....lets take Ginetta shall we considering you hold the official license, have you made any changes for PC2 may I ask?

@Shaun Clarke - curious to know what build and which particular car & track you drove that lead you to make such a broad negative statement about your impression of pC2. Of course your sim racing opinion is not denied but specifics are needed to judge your impression in balance.

I am no expert but having driven many sims over a long, long time I think pC2 feels to be a huge improve over the original in terms of handling, physics & FFB, quite apart from all the graphical and feature improvements - you can really feel the balance on the edge of grip and make corrections that were impossible with pC1 - some of the handling characteristics are subtle but noticeable. I will add that getting your wheel dialled in correctly is easier than last time but still takes some adjustment and per car things change and I find myself going back into the ingame FFB menu to make small tweaks, but it is far easier than the last time out with pC1.

The assumed experts on YouTube like Jimmy Broadbent, who after driving the many months old press build proclaim it is same as pC1, to my mind displays some bias by offering such comment after a short & severely limited experience of the driving model - nothing against him personally he is likely a nice lad but I take his 'pro' opinion of racing sims with a large grain of salt.

The build changes almost daily and specific car handling and ai is still being tuned and tweaked. Some builds for instance have felt not as good as the last in accord with coordinating and adjusting all elements of the programmed build to work cohesively, that is to say the term beta very much applies. However overall if you cannot feel the nuances and improvements in the tyre model and physical handling of the cars then I do not know what to tell you. A good example for me is the Audi LMP 900 or the McLaren F1 GTR which both feel superb to drive and the word arcade cannot honestly be applied in any measure. Without having driven the real thing these feel what a simulated race car experience should feel like to my understanding, subjective impression I know. I feel that pC2 is closer to rF2 and a world better than both AC and RRRE - again only my opinion and if I thought it felt same as pC1 I would happily say so, I am not owed anything by anyone and won't suffer anything for stating what I think.

End of the day all make up their own mind for sure based on their own criteria and experience with racing sims but I wanted to put my thoughts down for the record in the interest of balance.

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 27.8%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 68 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%