PC2 Project CARS 2 New Trailer and Developer Livestream

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Developer Livestream 3 - 1.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have released a brand new trailer from the upcoming Project CARS 2 simulation.

With release scheduled in just over one month, the Project CARS 2 development team have revealed another new trailer for the sequel to the critically acclaimed Project CARS series on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Looking set to be a considerable improvement of the original title, Project CARS 2 will launch with just over 180 cars and 60 tracks when it hits our digital shelves this September 22nd, including five disciplines of racing across 29 series in six Tiers of sporting action.

You can check out the new 1 minute 49 second trailer in all it's glory below:

As well as the new trailer, Slightly Mad Studios have been working hard behind the scenes to help build confidence in the new product amongst a sceptical sim racing community following the first game of the franchise released back in 2015. With all credit due to SMS and their marketing team, the studio have given plenty of coverage to the upcoming title in an effort to showcase the features and content from this potentially impressive entry into the sim racing marketplace.

The latest behind the scenes 'Developer Diary' stream takes a look at the online features due to come with the new title, and is presented by SMS Creative Director, Andy Tudor. You can watch the lengthy video in full below:

You can check out the past developer diary release articles and videos below:

Live Stream #1 - Car Handling
Live Stream #2 - Cars and Tracks.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment over the next month as we continue to bring you all the latest news from Project CARS 2 before its public release.

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on September 22nd 2017.

Project CARS 2 Developer Livestream 3 - 2.jpg

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS 2 sub forum for news and discussion about the new game, plus of course our usual offering of League and Racing Club events, the odd Mod or two and a few other nice little bits and pieces...

Looking forward to Project CARS 2? Think SMS can make a success of the new game? What features from the developer diary video are you most anticipating trying out for yourself? Let us know in the comments section below!

The new content looks fantastic as you'd expect, but I can see a huge quality difference between the new content and the recycled stuff from Project CARS 1. Also, I can't help but notice that both in that trailer and the gameplay videos I have seen that there is some shadow clipping/fighting going on the stuff ported over from the first game, where it also had the same issues there. One of the houses on the Bannochbrae, and near the metal guard rail during certain sections of the Nordschleife for example. It detracts from what otherwise is a stunning game.

At 1:28 and then you can see how the trees disappear and appear in the window of the left door.
And this we see a month before the release? :D

You should be a little less biased and listen to what is said in the video. For starters, the version he is driving, is two months old...
On top of that he explains in another video (about AI) why this happens. The recording of VR gameplay is done from the 'left eye'. When racing you just don't see that part of the screen where items pop up or disappear. It helps gain FPS.

From what i saw on youtube i can say the following about PC2:
1. The trees on the tracks look awful and much worse than in PC1. Also they are constantly flickering and disappearing at short distances.
2. It's unclear how the repeats work, how many cameras and what they are. If this is not at the Assetto Corsa level, then everything is very sad, as in PC1.
3. On many tracks there are no backgrounds at this stage. A recently appeared video with a background on the Nurburgring says that it's as horrible and ridiculous as in PC1.
4. The game interface looks like any arcade game on consoles and does not look like a serious racing simulator.

1. They do in some video's. But in almost all of the cases it was taken from "old" versions. And it's never been specified what settings they use. It could also be because the look of the trees depends on what season they have set.
2. Replays in pCars (not that I watch them a lot) are absolutely much better than in my other sims (rF2, AMS, R3E and AC), but that's how I see it.
3. I'd call this BS...
4. What's wrong with the interface ? It's pretty clear to me, looks refreshing and a lot better than in most other sims.

There is alot of blatantly false conjecture going on in different places and some of it compounded by videos taken off older press builds. What @Fanapryde said is 100% true Re that VR gameplay recording taken from left eye only.

Nordschleife looks and plays incredibly good and as it is my fatal addiction I have run literally 1000's of laps there in pC2 and continue to run at least 10 or more laps almost daily. Only other tracks I race much are Le Man, Bathurst & Bannochbrae and all are equally updated and running brilliantly.

• Deleted member 99238

There is alot of blatantly false conjecture going on in different places and some of it compounded by videos taken off older press builds. What @Fanapryde said is 100% true Re that VR gameplay recording taken from left eye only.
Ok. We will assume that the left eye is involved in this. Time will tell.
Nordschleife looks and plays incredibly good and as it is my fatal addiction I have run literally 1000's of laps there in pC2 and continue to run at least 10 or more laps almost daily. Only other tracks I race much are Le Man, Bathurst & Bannochbrae and all are equally updated and running brilliantly.
I'm angered by the Nürburgring track and not Nordschleife.
If you are such connoisseurs and lovers of this track then take any onboard video with the youtube and you will understand how funny this track looks in PC1 with its fantastic mountains on the horizon and other minor errors related to ignorance of the topography of this area. Yes, many things are corrected in PC2 but the main ones are not fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 99238

2. Replays in pCars (not that I watch them a lot) are absolutely much better than in my other sims (rF2, AMS, R3E and AC), but that's how I see it.
In the PC1 there is only one TV camera, while in the Assetto Corsa there are five such TV cameras. These five cameras give a picture from different points and in the camera angles. Also in PC1 is a very uncomfortable free camera around the machine. Replays are a very important component of racing for me and how it is implemented in the Project Cars once again emphasizes its focus on the console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I thought the internet and here, was freedom of speech?
Let me tell you one thing that really triggers me: People that refer to "freedom of speech" in internet debates and have no clue whatsoever what that term means.

Freedom of speech means: Everyone is allowed to state his opinion. So, you can state your opinion. And then, I can criticize said opinion because I as well do have that freedom of speech and can voice my thoughts about whatever I come across.
What freedom of speech does not mean: That someone can post some garbage and no one is allowed to criticize him for it. That's the very OPPOSITE of freedom of speech.
/Rant.

The only way how I could have disregarded your freedom of speech would be to try and let your post be deleted from the internet. Which I didn't.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back