PC2 Project CARS 2 Images Revealed for CoTA, IndyCar oh and Porsche too...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have recently confirmed Porsche, Circuit of the Americas and the full 2016 IndyCar series will be coming to Project CARS 2 on release later this year.

Expected to ship with over 180 and 60 different tracks, Project CARS 2 will be nothing if not chock-a-block full of content come this September, and as part of the gradual content reveal the studio have announced the mighty Porsche brand will form part of the stellar cast of manufacturers represented in the game at launch.

Announcing the new partnership by way of a short 4+ minute "Porsche Passion" trailer, the Porsche announcement makes for one of the final big name brands due to appear in the game as the developers continue in their quest to capture digital recreations of some of the biggest and best automotive brands in history.

Although the new trailer is not expected to contain shots of all the Porsche cars due to be included in Project CARS 2, we do get a first look at the virtual representations of the Cayman GT4 Clubsport, the 911 GT1 and GT3 R plus the 911 (991) GT3 RS and the 918 Spyder, 935, 936 and 962C. An impressive ensemble already and containing several cars found in sim racing rival Assetto Corsa, making for some potentially interesting comparisons when PC2 releases around September this year.

In other content announcement news / reveals, SMS have confirmed a couple of pieces of American motorsport bedrocks, the fairly recent Circuit of the Americas of Formula One fame and the premier open wheel racing series of the United States, the full grid of 2016 IndyCar Series drivers!

Project CARS 2 COTA 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 COTA 4.jpg

Project CARS 2 COTA.jpg

Love it or loath it, CoTA is fast becoming one of the most established American motorsport venues since it opened its doors for the first time in 2012. Host to the only American round of the FIA Formula One World Championship and bike racing equivalent MotoGP, plus a US round of the World Endurance Championship, CoTA is one of the most modern facilities in the United States and provides an interesting challenge for drivers whilst affording impressive viewing opportunities for the 100,000 + spectators that flock to Texas for the big annual events held at the circuit.

Project CARS 2 IndyCar 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 IndyCar 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 IndyCar 4.jpg

Keeping to the topic of big American events, following the reveal that IndyCar has been licenced for Project CARS 2 Slightly Mad Studios have released a new batch of images featuring these powerful open wheelers, plus confirming the cars will come complete with the full 2016 driver and team line ups that ran the IndyCar Series last season. Personally I feel it's been too long since an official IndyCar game and for that reason alone I have renewed interest in this title. Check out the screenshots of the cars and CoTA below..

Project CARS 2 will be released on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 towards the end of 2017, with an expected release date tentatively pencilled in for around September.

Project CARS 2 IndyCar 3.jpg Project CARS 2 IndyCar 5.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news and chat regarding the upcoming second instalment of the best selling Project CARS franchise.

Looking forward to PCARS 2? Excited to see Porsche, Indy, Circuit of the Americas and the IndyCar Series in the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Any news on any additional tracks from the Indycar series other than the 6 we already knew about? Its great to have the full team lineup but it really need the tracks to be considered the truky official Indycar game.

I've been waiting for an Indycar game for the best part of twenty years.

I feel your pain!

Why oh why no IndyCar before now? And as said above I sincerely hope we get all the tracks too. It a pet annoyance of mine when sims release the cars and not the tracks to go with it (looking at you Sector3!)

Here's your answer:

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2017/05/indy-500-ratings-lowest-overnight-record-abc/

Indy 500 overnight ratings hit a new low.

indy5002017-163x102.png
The IndyCar Series Indianapolis 500 earned a 3.6 overnight rating on ABC Sunday afternoon, down 12% from last year (4.1), down 16% from 2015 (4.3), and the lowest mark for the event since live start-to-finish coverage began in 1986. The previous low was a 3.8 in 2013.

Right on Paul. Personally, I'd add that places like Australia get short shrift too, since Bathurst (Rapuna?) is the only one on the radar. Granted, it's one of the best, but Australia has so many fantastic and unique tracks. What devs (on console esp.) forget is that the track makes the game, not the car. Racing in a dune buggy is the same as an F1 car, if on the right track. Dirt4, if they get RallyCross right, will be a hit because they do.

Add to all this that they already have one of the most interesting NASCAR builds and the new V8 Supercar, and they are missing the forest for the trees. Why would anyone want to run around a track designed for F1 in a Supercar? It's like kissing you sister.

Kindly name me a track in Europe that the FIA has not ruined, besides Spa. Granted, they have done a good job with places like Watkins Glen, but they just can't seem to grasp that IndyCar is a constant tension between oval lovers and road course lovers. Some, like me, are both.

Last edited:
Here's your answer:

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2017/05/indy-500-ratings-lowest-overnight-record-abc/

Indy 500 overnight ratings hit a new low.

indy5002017-163x102.png
The IndyCar Series Indianapolis 500 earned a 3.6 overnight rating on ABC Sunday afternoon, down 12% from last year (4.1), down 16% from 2015 (4.3), and the lowest mark for the event since live start-to-finish coverage began in 1986. The previous low was a 3.8 in 2013.

This is complete statistical B.S. Stats can say anything you want them too,which is why they are inadmissible in Court.

About 15.6 Billion people watched this race. That's billion (in Mike Meyers voice) with a "B" you see. And none of them were watching any network that could be measured.

As for America, I watched via over-the-air antennae which, by law here, is required to receive HD broadcasts. But they can't track the viewers. (Back in the day, they used to track these viewers by "Neilson ratings" which were nothing more than a survey that a random sample of families filled out, which is now unreliable because it's digital numbers, which have no way to spot trends). Many people here are cutting the cord because our brilliant politicians have let cable companies rape the public while granting them Monopoly status. So, like we tend to do, most informed people are telling the cable companies to go F- themselves.

You also have to read between the lines. After your quote,the site says this:

Takuma Sato‘s win, which peaked at a 4.2 from 3:30-4 PM ET, was the fourth Indy 500 of the past nine to hit a record-low in the metered markets (2009, 2010, 2013 and 2017).

Not helping matters, the race was again tape-delayed in host market Indianapolis, a return to outdated form after last year’s race aired live. The telecast had a 14.7 rating there, up 14% from the last tape-delayed broadcast in 2015 (12.9), but down 56% from last year’s 33.6 for live coverage.

Despite the lower numbers, the Indy 500 topped the night’s NASCAR Cup Series race at Charlotte by 29% (3.6 to 2.8), its largest metered-market lead over its stock car rival since 2005.

So, the "peak" was about as good as 2015, which is only off by a point. These numbers have no relevance to the International audience, which was massive. Also note, in the United States, ratings are local, to a large extent. And being delayed in Indianapolis had a clearly deleterious effect. Also, notably, the American audience (which is racing overwhelmed, since we have it all here) was choosing IndyCar over NASCAR. That's not happened in 20 years.

Last edited:
This is complete statistical B.S. Stats can say anything you want them too,which is why they are inadmissible in Court.

About 15.6 Billion people watched this race. That's billion (in Mike Meyers voice) with a "B" you see. And none of them were watching any network that could be measured.

As for America, I watched via over-the-air antennae which, by law here, is required to receive HD broadcasts. But they can't track the viewers. Many people here are cutting the cord because our brilliant politicians have let cable companies rape the public while granting them Monopoly status. So, like we tend to do, most informed people are telling the cable companies to go F- themselves.

The population of Earth is only ~7.5 billion.

Statistics is one of the fundamental pillars of the modern world, and it revolutionized the fields of Medical Research and Public Health in such a profound way that it is highly likely that we are both alive right now because of it.

Many otherwise completely valid categories of evidence end up being "inadmissible" in court. Talk to an attorney about this. Typos on search warrants is a major cause, for instance.

IndyCar is not a particularly popular form of motor racing, which is likely why there hasn't been a licensed recreation of the entire series in over 20 years. Compare and contrast with F1, Rally, GT, NASCAR, etc.

If there are all these cord-cutting tech savvy crypto-fans (whose existence you say can't be measured) who are watching IndyCar, then where is the tangible manifestation of all that interest?

Last edited:
The population of Earth is only ~7.5 billion.
Are you familiar with sarcasm?

that it is highly likely that we are both alive right now because of it.
You are alive because two people decided to f-ck. Worship your own science God in your own time.

Talk to an attorney about this.
I have. I am one.

which is likely why there hasn't been a licensed recreation of the entire series in over 20 years.

Right. Real lack of open wheel innovation in the country that invented your magic machine. See here:

If there are all these cord-cutting tech savvy crypto-fans (whose existence you say can't be measured) who are watching IndyCar, then where is the tangible manifestation of all that interest?

Right in front of your nose. The Indy500 articles have outpaced the Monaco articles on this website, which is exactly the demographic you claim was uninterested.

Are you familiar with sarcasm?

You are alive because two people decided to f-ck. Worship your own science God in your own time.

I have. I am one.

Right. Real lack of open wheel innovation in the country that invented your magic machine. See here:

Right in front of your nose. The Indy500 articles have outpaced the Monaco articles on this website, which is exactly the demographic you claim was uninterested.
One word, or name in this case.. Alonso.. He's the reason there was so much interest and comment on sites such as this this year.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back