PC2 Project CARS 2 Images Revealed for CoTA, IndyCar oh and Porsche too...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have recently confirmed Porsche, Circuit of the Americas and the full 2016 IndyCar series will be coming to Project CARS 2 on release later this year.

Expected to ship with over 180 and 60 different tracks, Project CARS 2 will be nothing if not chock-a-block full of content come this September, and as part of the gradual content reveal the studio have announced the mighty Porsche brand will form part of the stellar cast of manufacturers represented in the game at launch.

Announcing the new partnership by way of a short 4+ minute "Porsche Passion" trailer, the Porsche announcement makes for one of the final big name brands due to appear in the game as the developers continue in their quest to capture digital recreations of some of the biggest and best automotive brands in history.

Although the new trailer is not expected to contain shots of all the Porsche cars due to be included in Project CARS 2, we do get a first look at the virtual representations of the Cayman GT4 Clubsport, the 911 GT1 and GT3 R plus the 911 (991) GT3 RS and the 918 Spyder, 935, 936 and 962C. An impressive ensemble already and containing several cars found in sim racing rival Assetto Corsa, making for some potentially interesting comparisons when PC2 releases around September this year.

In other content announcement news / reveals, SMS have confirmed a couple of pieces of American motorsport bedrocks, the fairly recent Circuit of the Americas of Formula One fame and the premier open wheel racing series of the United States, the full grid of 2016 IndyCar Series drivers!

Project CARS 2 COTA 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 COTA 4.jpg

Project CARS 2 COTA.jpg

Love it or loath it, CoTA is fast becoming one of the most established American motorsport venues since it opened its doors for the first time in 2012. Host to the only American round of the FIA Formula One World Championship and bike racing equivalent MotoGP, plus a US round of the World Endurance Championship, CoTA is one of the most modern facilities in the United States and provides an interesting challenge for drivers whilst affording impressive viewing opportunities for the 100,000 + spectators that flock to Texas for the big annual events held at the circuit.

Project CARS 2 IndyCar 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 IndyCar 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 IndyCar 4.jpg

Keeping to the topic of big American events, following the reveal that IndyCar has been licenced for Project CARS 2 Slightly Mad Studios have released a new batch of images featuring these powerful open wheelers, plus confirming the cars will come complete with the full 2016 driver and team line ups that ran the IndyCar Series last season. Personally I feel it's been too long since an official IndyCar game and for that reason alone I have renewed interest in this title. Check out the screenshots of the cars and CoTA below..

Project CARS 2 will be released on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 towards the end of 2017, with an expected release date tentatively pencilled in for around September.

Project CARS 2 IndyCar 3.jpg Project CARS 2 IndyCar 5.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news and chat regarding the upcoming second instalment of the best selling Project CARS franchise.

Looking forward to PCARS 2? Excited to see Porsche, Indy, Circuit of the Americas and the IndyCar Series in the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I don't get it. I see all of these videos of "professional drivers" testing on PCars1/2 and they are using triple screen setups. But somehow, this feature doesn't work?! Seriously? Please tell me. I don't understand this.

I can't help but feel amused every time someone supposes something he doesn't comprehend equals its non-existence.

The subject looks at you with that look of formidable contempt and superiority and simply says "I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THAT" as if his own ignorance were the purest source of intellectual authority.
Uh, what? So is triple monitor setup working or not?

@GTSpeedster

You're funny, pal. How @resmania or me are fanboys? He just confirmed you triple screen support IS currently implemented in PCars 2. That is as objective as it can be, couldn't be further away of being a fanboy. But you still say once and again that you not believe it becauseyou saw or you didn't see something in a video.

And I didn't even mention PCars 2 in my post... oh, fanboy of me :D

Regards

September 2017 was the release date spread until very recently. Specially here at RD. Just check the posts from last week.

If it wasn't official, they shouldn't have added to the official videos.

Nope. They've always shown Late 2017 in videos and the only reference of a September release date was Ian back in December 2016, but he said Septemberish: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...re-99-100-certain-about&p=1317966#post1317966

Worship my science God? Did you really write that? Next time you don't die of Cholera, Typhus, TB, appendicitis or AIDS, or your kid doesn't develop SSPE - Thank a Scientist.

Ok, moving on from that embarrassing bit of Neo-Luddism from our (claimed) lawyer friend...

The lack of an officially licensed IndyCar sim for 24 years speaks for itself. If all that interest were there, the licensed products would surely follow. And since you claim to be an attorney, you'll understand this:

Res ipsa loquitur.

The issue here isn't even statistics. What we're discussing is demographics and marketing. I really don't think you understand the difference. I also feel like you have a lot of emotion/anger about this lack of IndyCar love, which is affecting your ability to remain rational about a variety of subjects, as we've seen. Throwing up random YouTube videos is not exactly persuasive evidence that would allow you to explain away the dearth of IndyCar material in modern sim racing (aside from a DW12 here and there, with a couple of beta mod oval tracks to run on that the AI can't begin to fathom).

As far as your subjective impression of levels of interest re: Monaco vs Indy, this just shows why an understanding of research methods (or even just Scientific Method) is sort of important when trying to analyze causal relationships. Here, you're making a grand sweeping generalization based on a single website. It's a common enough mistake (selection bias) among people with little in the way of math or science training (like, say, attorneys lol).

So, let's try a more meaningful metric. Compare the total number of websites devoted exclusively to F1 coverage vs those who only cover IndyCar. Repeat the experiment with NASCAR.

Care to make an educated guess how that might turn out?

Anyone who uses bold face to imply he is making a point, is not making a point, but a scene. Anyone who attacks the person and not the issue is probably not good at persuasion. Anyone who fails to realize that, in any given subject area (even science...which you seem to worship), there are more than one set of facts. Facts are like assholes. Everyone has them. Only a judge or jury can decide what is a "fact" even though scientists (real ones, not you) are loathe to call anything a "fact" (the "theory" of evolution anyone)? They are skeptics, unlike you, who have it all figured out.

You will have many defenders here. It doesn't take much to nod in agreement with the majority. What I try to offer is a different perspective, even if it offends you. I completely understand why you don't want to hear why your opinion is wrong. Look up "confirmation bias" sometime, in between looking up legal terms on Wikipedia.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%