Pro R8 Silverstone: Post Race Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
2rfbwcj.jpg

balotelliwhyme-why-always-me-106023180.jpg

You should always do a practice start in warm up.

Parc Ferme was also errrm turned off but errrm worked. :confused:
New build next round should have it all sorted hopefully.

Surprisingly i done 4 practice starts with TC override and done nothing different. Really wonder what happened since those practice ones were fine. I apologise to anyone who i affected.. think it may have possibly been my throttle spiking after looking at the replay but still a weird one.

Decenten

Driver of the #73 Team OGMRZ Holden V8SC
well i dont think that you can count that as multiple line changing....thats normal defending I guess
The way I saw it was he moved to defend the inside then under braking made a move to the outside before quickly changing back to the inside which I can understand would have caught Dmitry unaware as he probably thought that Adrian was going to go back to the racing line so he could brake deeper.

Just had a peek at the laptimes in Liveracers. Quite interesting that someone could do basically quali laptimes on lap 14 of a medium tire stint, which would have gotten you to Q2, and was almost a second faster than the fastest laps on the same stint 11-12-13 laps earlier.

Not suspicious at all. :whistling:

Last edited:

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
6.2 You are allowed to block cars that are on the same lap as you, with the following restrictions:
a) You may only change line ONCE on each straight. This means, that if you have the outside
line approaching the turn, you are allowed to switch to the inside line, but then you are not
allowed to switch back to the outside line to give yourself a better line through the bend
(and vice versa).
b) If you block the inside line on the straight and in the braking-zone, you must be prepared
to take the bend from there (and thus brake earlier than normal). This rule is the same in
real life.

Decenten

Driver of the #73 Team OGMRZ Holden V8SC
6.2 You are allowed to block cars that are on the same lap as you, with the following restrictions:
a) You may only change line ONCE on each straight. This means, that if you have the outside
line approaching the turn, you are allowed to switch to the inside line, but then you are not
allowed to switch back to the outside line to give yourself a better line through the bend
(and vice versa).
b) If you block the inside line on the straight and in the braking-zone, you must be prepared
to take the bend from there (and thus brake earlier than normal). This rule is the same in
real life.
Yep and Adrian moved outwards and then back in front of Dmitry.

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
I was pleased to just complete a race after 2 dissappointing showings.
Austria was a DNF (my error) and Hockenheim I was cut in a Pre Quali that we had for numbers that didnt show up for the race. But thats life.
This is a circuit I love to drive so I was happy to out-qualify 5-6 drivers in Pre Q and manage to reach my PB in that session.

In the race I got a lot of lag when cars were nearby especially at high speed. They would become a 40 foot long blur:O_o: Which made fighting for position tricky. The car felt really bouncy as well and (with realheadmotion installed) at times the apex was a blur too. It caused a couple of weird spins into Brooklands.
Fortunately my strategy put me in clear air for most of the race and I only had to pass one car on track, the others were during their stops. Later in the race it improved.

But for the need to fuel save (shortened 7th by 1 click and should have allowed a litre:redface:) I most likely would have been unlapped for the first time which was a goal. As it was I was lapped with only 3 laps remaining. I guess I should have just pushed hard anyway and if I ran out of fuel on the last lap it would have been no worse than not getting to do the last lap since the car behind me was obviously lapped already. However I find it hard to do such practical maths while at the wheel.

Thanks all for the race.
Thanks @Mike Partington for directing and Chris de Jong for commentating.
Have a nice break see you at the temple of speed-Monza for round 8. Just have to learn those 3 corners.

Just had a peek at the laptimes in Liveracers. Quite interesting that someone could do basically quali laptimes on lap 14 of a medium tire stint, which would have gotten you to P2, and was almost a second faster than the fastest laps on the same stint 11-12-13 laps earlier.

Not suspicious at all. :whistling:

I dont see the point why that 30.6 is a trobule. Thats race management, I had to save my tyres at one point and I knew that Jeroen would be there anyway at some point in the stint so I tried the same than in hockenheim let him come and then not past but I made a driver error under presure so I changed everything and went all in. The 30.6 was in the perfect range for no massiv dirty air and I had DRS (otherwise a 30 wasn't possible for me, look at what I drove outside of drs). It was indeed a quali lap on 10 laps old tyres which where saved in the first 4-5 laps so I dont see why not doing a 30...I mean you can clearly see what happened I paid my price by losing the car twice in 3 laps and having big oversteer moments, the balance was completly done after those laps but I didn't want to give it up so yeah....I nearly crashed it

I dont see the point why that 30.6 is a trobule. Thats race management, I had to save my tyres at one point and I knew that Jeroen would be there anyway at some point in the stint so I tried the same than in hockenheim let him come and then not past but I made a driver error under presure so I changed everything and went all in. The 30.6 was in the perfect range for no massiv dirty air and I had DRS (otherwise a 30 wasn't possible for me, look at what I drove outside of drs). It was indeed a quali lap on 10 laps old tyres which where saved in the first 4-5 laps so I dont see why not doing a 30...I mean you can clearly see what happened I paid my price by losing the car twice in 3 laps and having big oversteer moments, the balance was completly done after those laps but I didn't want to give it up so yeah....I nearly crashed it
Why 30.6 is a trouble with DRS on used tires? Because it's quite difficult to even do a 30.8-9 with fresh tires in the last stint. Stop bullshitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 91 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 127 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 81 17.0%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.8%
  • €1501-3000