Pro R8 Silverstone: Post Race Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad day for me. I didn't get as much practice as I would have liked. Started with a mediocre qualifying that left me in 14th and nowhere near a PB.
I figured there would be lap 1 carnage so I chose to start from the pitlane and race for 10 points. I ended up getting tagged on lap one anyway with damage to the tires but none to the chassis. I continued on, having a bit of racing with Early, Cori and my teammate O'Reilly (good job on the WC commentary David). When I caught Vicentijevic I had a big brainfade and shunted him off at Brooklands. I pulled out of his slipstream and lost sight of my braking marker and collided with him and I DNF'd. Bad day. Many apologies to Mihailo (who I was glad to see could continue on from the crash).

dirty air? wasnt that bad was still a sec when I remember right. Ask my teammates with our set we can go flat
Yeah I could take it flat too but your line is amazing... it's like your tyres never overheat and your line is so tight. That's not even possible in Q nor in race with dirty air and 13 laps old tyres.

Last edited:
Apart from that 30.6 on 14 lap old Meds, you still did 32.19 on 15 lap old tires in the first stint(cca. 125L Hards). Yesterday I came out of the pits on hards with 117L if I remember correctly and I did 32.2 on my first lap pushing pretty hard, my last 2 laps(12th and 13th lap) were 33.1.

Even if we assume you saved tires first 10 laps, there's no way you're ~0.8 quicker at the same stage of the stint with 10L more fuel(another 2 tenths).

HpcdX5n.jpg

Apart from that 30.6 on 14 lap old Meds, you still did 32.19 on 15 lap old tires in the first stint(cca. 125L Hards). Yesterday I came out of the pits on hards with 117L if I remember correctly and I did 32.2 on my first lap pushing pretty hard, my last 2 laps(12th and 13th lap) were 33.1.

Even if we assume you saved tires first 10 laps, there's no way you're ~0.8 quicker at the same stage of the stint with 10L more fuel(another 2 tenths).

You can't compare pro with wc. brake ducts 1 mate...that makes a difference of at least 0.3s. 15 laps on hard is easy possible in ace and wc guys did over 19laps...

I ran rad 1 duct 1 for Silverstone in WC. Montreal has the highest brake wear and even in ace I think I ran 4 or 5.

it is the first time i run that low...but still I dont know what I should say I was able to run long on hards...We were slower in the corners as you can see in the comparision, we run 317 without drs so thats good for tyres or at least it should be, I was doing 34's at the start and just chilling behind other cars, as de jong said in the stream and waited for my drs to past....thats modern f1 i guess :(.....so i still hat in the 60's tyres at the time i did my 32's.....the medium was done though...completly done

it is the first time i run that low...but still I dont know what I should say I was able to run long on hards...We were slower in the corners as you can see in the comparision, we run 317 without drs so thats good for tyres or at least it should be, I was doing 34's at the start and just chilling behind other cars, as de jong said in the stream and waited for my drs to past....thats modern f1 i guess :(.....so i still hat in the 60's tyres at the time i did my 32's.....the medium was done though...completly done
First of all it's completely opposite to what you say. Lower DF technically should mean more sliding thus more tyre wear not the other way. With the way you stress FL tyre in 4 corners in your laps (trust me I watched a lot of them onboard) there is no chance you don't go over 125 degrees on this particular tyre and lose the grip. From your onboards it doesn't even look that you lose the grip at all. Your car performs literally the same in the beginning of the stint and the end of the stint. How is that possible with these tyres? Are you some sort of super magician who can save the tyres that much? People here drive this game for long time and if the top guys say there is something wrong with you, trust me they know. You're not the first "champion of Brazil" nor the last.

With 15 lap old tire you are supposed to be about, at least, 1 sec slower. You were equal fast than the WC championship leader... You did 26,266 in that lap in s3, with dirty air, theorically ruined tires... in WC the best laptime there in Q2 was 26,0. I surely was using the lowest wing in this race (25.0-56.0) and in Qualy I did 26,1 with new med tires ofc.

26,226 in a high downforce sector, worn tires, "low wings" and dirty air. pls

First of all it's completely opposite to what you say. Lower DF technically should mean more sliding thus more tyre wear not the other way. With the way you stress FL tyre in 4 corners in your laps (trust me I watched a lot of them onboard) there is no chance you don't go over 125 degrees on this particular tyre and lose the grip. From your onboards it doesn't even look that you lose the grip at all. Your car performs literally the same in the beginning of the stint and the end of the stint. How is that possible with these tyres? Are you some sort of super magician who can save the tyres that much? People here drive this game for long time and if the top guys say there is something wrong with you, trust me they know. You're not the first "champion of Brazil" nor the last.
Well Victor. In rF2 tyres is wearing by force and by temp. so if you have more tyre load in one corner even without sliding, you will have more tyre wear because tyre is harder pressed to the ground and more stressed

With 15 lap old tire you are supposed to be about, at least, 1 sec slower. You were equal fast than the WC championship leader... You did 26,266 in that lap in s3, with dirty air, theorically ruined tires... in WC the best laptime there in Q2 was 26,0. I surely was using the lowest wing in this race (25.0-56.0) and in Qualy I did 26,1 with new med tires ofc.

26,226 in a high downforce sector, worn tires, "low wings" and dirty air. pls
And we have a winner :D (since the winner rating isnt here anymore :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.8%
  • €1501-3000