Preview: High-end GT Wheels

Hello Everyone,

I've been working on a line of custom GT wheels, and it's now time for me to show them to you all and get your thoughts and feedback. I'd like to gauge the level of interest in these wheels so I can tailor the production plans accordingly.

Please bear in mind that these are still prototypes and as such I don't have any concrete prices yet, but I'll let you all know them as soon as possible.

My plan is to have them compatible with the Logitech G25 and G27, the Thrustmaster T500, and possibly Frex and ECCI wheels as well if there is the demand.

In the mean time have a good look at them and let me know if they pique your interest!

There will be three models to choose from:

GT3 Wheel:

Here's the complete photo set on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/89928288@N08/sets/72157631966467211/

GT2 Wheel: (Preview Renders)

Featuring Leo Bodnar's (unreleased) Sli-F1 display.

GT1 Wheel (Preview Renders)

Featuring a 4.3" LCD touch screen display running Russell Hodgson's Z1 display software.

All of the wheels will feature the following:

-6 Knitter Buttons, 2 Toggle Switches, and 2 rotary encoders with custom Aluminium knobs.

-Genuine carbon fibre face plate.

-Aluminium paddle shift units.

-Anodised Aluminium enclosure and wheel spacer.

-Wired USB Quick-release and wheel adapter.

Here's a quick video of the paddle shifters, I'll do a more in-depth one soon...

Thanks for checking them out, if you have any questions please feel free to ask them here or PM me.

I'll update this post as things develop...

Hampus Andersson Sort of, it's hard to explain with only words, so there will be full illustrated instructions provided with the adapter. When you unbolt the GT wheel there is a small button cable that you have to unplug. My adapter then connects to that, and then it bolts into the same holes that the GT rim uses. It may sound complicated, but in reality it's very simple and only takes a couple of minutes to install or remove...

Upvote 0
Simon these look absolutely stunning.
Can anyone answer why we're not seeing third party rims for the Fanatec CSW? I would have thought with the QR, developers would have an easier time adapting for it. I guess maybe the electronics have something to do with it or has Fanatec simply protected it?
I only hope he's doing something like these rims if so.

Upvote 0
Richard Pittam The Fanatec QR is their own design, and it doesn't make commercial sense for them to allow other to easily make wheels to fit their system. Their focus is selling the two rims that they make, which are pretty decent offerings for the mid-range market. My feeling is that there won't be any further rims from them, and certainly nothing like mine. It's not really a product that a large company can justify when the potential market is so specific...

Upvote 0
Simon these look absolutely stunning.
Can anyone answer why we're not seeing third party rims for the Fanatec CSW? I would have thought with the QR, developers would have an easier time adapting for it. I guess maybe the electronics have something to do with it or has Fanatec simply protected it?
I only hope he's doing something like these rims if so.

I agree,i really would have liked to see these kind of wheels for the Fanatec steering base.
I would seriously buy one.

To make matters worse, the CSW base will disable all force-feedback, if the attached wheel isn't a fanatec wheel... :-(

Are you serious? The FFB really is disabled if there's a 3rd party wheel attached?
That sucks....

Upvote 0
Vito Lombardi: Thanks for dropping by, the final production samples should be with me by early next week, so I'll be able to build up the final spec wheel ready for photographing. If all is well then I'll be able to release the final pricing information fairly soon after. Cheers...

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back