PrestoGP ASR Test Race Interlagos Wed 12th August

There are two friends of mine who are also interested to participate this event. Steeve also knows them :)
But they have no account on RD. Can they participate? I could enter their names.

Hi Alex :)

Your 2 friends MUST HAVE an RD account, they DO NOT need to be premium to join Presto, so just get them to sign up to RD as a regular user and they can then participate in our league :)

Although we don't follow RD's premium rules for members we must still ask that anyone who joins us also joins RD :)

These cars are not my cup of tea.
Car didn't behave as I expected during the race, and it doesn't help that it was a car I had no prior practice on (got locked out of my original car when the server switched to quali). I decided to quit while I was still incident free.

Boring race for me, all the time behind April.

2 squares remaining at both front tires just before the end, can't manage to get the rear work, all the load is on the front.
No one close to me behind, it's so ridiculous.Very disappointed, no fun tonight.

Well, with no practice I was slow, but I love these cars. I always feel like I am in a real race, so immersive
My set had pretty good (and fairly even front to rear) tyre wear so that was something. It allowed me to gain a couple of spots.

I dont know if its the same protocol as a league where you report in but...I had a contact in lap 1 (T6 I think, 1st gear right hander) when Phil Shillitoe had to slow to avoid Sean Greenlaw and it left a big opening to his inside. I sort of had to dive there for safety reasons and then found I had made a pass into the bargain.
Phil appeared not to have seen me and turned in to the apex.

Thanks for racing guys.

Had a great qualy run with a nice last lap for pole.
Race was also going fine, until my front tires were loosing some grip and I didn't properly adjust to that; went in too fast a couple of times for 2 laps until I spun.
I did drive on properly after that, but I did not manage to maintain enough df under dirty air when trying to pass Martin on some occasions, so p3 in the end :)

This car is definatly fun to drive, only the tires are a bit oldschool in their wear-traits (rf2 pre 2014 style). Very sensitive to lateral load, whilst wheelspin does hardly affect it. But that's not a gamebreaker for having nice races :)

My vote for S15: The car I'm quick with. :p

Nah, not really. Though I'd happily race this or the FR3.5 for S15. I have to decide whether I'm indifferent between ASR or FR3.5, which I've genuinely gotten to like more throughout S14 as I feel like I'm figuring it out. When we actually have a poll up, though, I may resort to tactical voting. As my main preference is to avoid the DW12. :p Not that the DW12's bad, I like it. But it stands as our weakest option IMO.

It was a lot of fun to race this car last night. I went into the race expecting front tire wear to be a serious problem, simply because the numbers look so bad. But the wear indicators vastly exaggerate the actual condition of the tires, and they still grip remarkably well at lower percentages. Finished with FL 34.978% FR 35.603% RL 65.752% RR 71.156%. Although my final lap was a 1:17.064 vs. a race best of 1:15.144. So there's room for improvement there if I can get that under control, which could be the challenge for this season.

A 1 hour race would be an easy 1 stop like this for me, but would some people prefer a 2 stop race over that distance? If so, we have our variety, and these tires are perfect to race on as they are.

The tire wear also ended up being what guided my setup most of all. The mod seems to have a tendency to understeer when I'd normally want it to turn in, which isn't great for tire wear. But it lead me to try and drive more using the rear than the front. So I kept the diff settings low (preload at 2!) and tried to get a feel for cornering using the throttle way more than usual. Kind of like how powersliding tends to be fast in AWD cars on dirt. I'm not really used to this, but as I train myself that "I can make this corner if I power on earlier" it'll get better.

A few other points to note about this mod, some of which I'm not sure I like. There's no brake wear (maybe a good thing? Though I think we can stay on top of this after Canada S14 no matter what car we pick), we can't adjust the radiator (simplifies adapting setups from Q to R), and there's no refueling (which I like!).

I also like the car, the racing can be alot of fun, last night though I got nowhere fast, since I started practising Interlagos with them I was stuck in the mid 1.15's, just couldn't improve at all with anyones setup, felt like I was ringing the car's neck during lap's but in the race I just constantly went backwards after the opening lap, I'm going to have a look at my pedal's and setup because it's doubtfull I've lost 2 secs in 2 week's :roflmao:

I think also with the feeling here regards the mod we have a very serious contender for s15.

I think going by what most think the vote should probably be between this and the 3.5 just, I would exclude the indycar I think just going by the general consensus. So would be no need for tactical voting.

Or like a star system where people give cars from 1 to 3 stars, I think we used something similar for last time we voted on a car.

For example I would vote: fr3.5 *** asr92 *** d12 *, whatever we do though, it will probably be between asr and fr 3.5.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back