Status
Not open for further replies.
FPPS Season 4 - Round 8 Hokenheim - November 27th/28th 2010

Race Date: November 27th/28th, 2010
Server Name: PrestoGP FPPS Hockenheim Race
Race Distance: 67 Laps
Weather: standard conditions
Password: check PrestoGP website

Here are the times. I am putting them as at GMT.
I'm sure you can all work out what time zone you live in :)

Practice, 2 hrs - 21.30 GMT
Qualy, 30mins - 23.30 GMT (not superpole, normal Qual session)
Warmup, 10 mins
Race Start, 00.10 GMT

We always run a practice start about 5 mins before heading into the first qualifying session.

TEAM OWNERS - CONFIRM YOUR DRIVERS FOR THIS RACE Bold=confirmed

Team Underdog - McLaren
1 Chris Hendrich - Team Owner
2 Bob Luneski
3 Leif Davidsen

Spygate Racing - Ferrari
4 Mitchell Chapman - Team Owner
5 David Street
6 David Noden

Petronas F1 - BMW
7 Ivan Mills - Team Owner
8 Brendan Crosby
9 Mark Brunner - Not Attending

Aqua Vista Racing - Spyker
Joe Isaac & Anthony Ishak - Team owners
10 Steve Crossland - - FPPS Team Manager
11 Noel Spence
12 Lutz Dassler

Water Blue Racing - Honda
Giorgos Davakos Team Owner
13 Danny Asbury - FPPS Team Manager
14 Gaetano Zizzo

Duff Beer GP - Spyker
15 Frank Rosenbauer - Team Owner
16 Ray Meier
17 Sebastian Diekmann - Not Attending

Panther Racing -
18 Mitchell Smith - Team Owner
19 David McCradic
20 Christian Ramlow

Team Owners please confirm your drivers

I should be there...Sebastian not and Ray hopefully again as he has his PC running again, after big damage...
This will be my last race, because the final round collides again with my organized GTR2 Enduro Season at SJ :frown:

cu

Hi Guys, Mitchell Smith has provided us with a 'walk-through' for Hockenheim as it is his favourite track... so, Enjoy.
Thanks Mitchell...

Welcome to Hockenheim.
The Hockenheimring (Baden-Württemberg) is one of the most famous racing circuits in Germany, bi-annually hosting the German Formula One Grand Prix.

In 1932, Hockenheim opened as a 8km long circuit, however it was deemed to be unsafe by German officals, and forbidden as a racing venue, however the track still played host to Motorcycles, and was the testing track of Mercedes-Benz and Auto Union.

In 1965, Hockenheim was rebuilt, turning into a 6.8km track with 4 very long straights (each around 1.3km in length) and the tight Motodrom section.
Originally 45 laps, the lap record for this version of the track is held by Juan Pablo Montoya at 1:38.117.

In 2000/01 the track was deemed unsafe, with poor security, spectator viewing and medical facilties, the FIA pushed for a shorter version, and threatened to cancel the event.
Thus the modern day track was born, Herrmann Tilke was secured to redesign the track to suit the FIA's demands in time for the 2002 German Grand Prix.

The track is a fast, flowing track with only one real slow corner, whilst it is a fast track, medium downforce is required to deal with the bumps and keep the speed up in the tight corners.

The Walkthrough.
Coming out of the Südkurve to start our lap, it is vital to get a good exit speed, we shift up to 7th gear up to the Nordkurve, depending on how stable your setup is, you'll either shift down to 6th or 5th as you nudge the kerbs on the outside and angle the car in, as we exit the Nordkurve, we take alot of ripple strip, kissing the astroturf and hooking the car back into the track before the cones. This is important as the Marshall's will easily give you a warning if you stray too far outside.

Now it's flat all the way down to the Einfarht Parabolica, waiting untill just before you fly past the astroturf on the left hand side to slam on the brakes, easing them gently you brush the throttle, smoothly taking the car through onto the line through the corner, then quickly back to full throttle as we ride the bumps and brush the inside of the kerbing and take alot of kerb on the outside as we muscle the car back onto the black stuff, we don't lift and you'll need a good setup and a cool head to make it through here without losing the rear end. As we straighten up coming out of the Einfarht Parabolic, this completes sector one.

This begins a smooth long left hander at full throttle, staying off the kerbs as we enter the second sector, as the road straightens we see Splitzkehre ahead of us, 7th gear and hitting the rev limiter, we brake hard and down to 1st, aiming to keep a stable 70km/h as we ease the car around the tight hairpin and stamp on the throttle, trying to avoid kerbing on both the hairpin and exit, we shift gears up and click over to 6th as we spot the easing right hander approaching fast, clicking over to 7th and full throttle as we take some kerbing and let the car drift left into Mercedes Arena, downshifting as we brake and turn hard left all at the same time, we're already on the throttle before the apex, keeping the rear of the car in check as we dance out of this low-grip section, trying to avoid the kerbing as we straighten up, shifting up briefly then back down as we maintain a solid pace through the tricky right hander, then flooring it as we exit, completing sector two, we can see the Mobil 1 Kurve ahead of us.

At the start of sector 3 is the Mobil 1 Kurve, we brake breifly if not at all, shifting down two gears for the fast right hander and keeping a solid pace of 225 km/h as we quickly stamp back on the throttle at the apex and ride the car up to the kerbing on the approach to Sachs, braking hard down to either 2nd or 3rd we keep the car on the racing line, avoiding the temptation to hug the kerb as that would see us drift out to the outside kerb and ride it, being a small "hill" kerbing as it is, usually means a certain spin. We ride out of Sachs, as we keep the line off the Kerb we stay full throttle as we enter the twisty section of sector 3, can be very accurately described as a rollercoaster, as we rise up over the crest as we fly left-right in a quick change of direction at full throttle and brake hard as enter the double right of Südkurve, dancing on the thottle and taking kerb if you need to, as we ride onto the pit straight we gently brush the kerb and complete our flying lap of the Hockenheimring - only 66 more to go.

Good luck.

I am really sorry for not confirming Gaetano Zizzo on the last race but I have had to be at several places all the time and I complitly forgot this.

Gaetano Zizzo will be racing at Hockenhiem.

I had a great start & was looking good with my strategy. However when I came in for my stop I received a stop/go for speeding in pitlane. So I came in to do the penalty stop/go and was super careful to not speed. I left the pits and received another. I came in a third time as I was curious as to exactly where I was supposed to be 60km/h and I received a third Stop/Go!!! Even after driving to T2 with the limiter still on.

Has anyone encountered this problem???

hey yo ... im there @ hockenheim

david .. :) u know my homerace. many fans will be there ! hope this is OK ! ;D

4 the championchip

ah .. team .. dont know mitchel smith ask me to drive the last 2 races 4 panther racing ..
its ok 4 me !

I must ask you all to see if you have the same problem that I do with Hockenheim GP.

My pitlane seems to finish just after T2 !!!

In the practice race I kept getting stop/go penalties,so I decide to put autopit on to see where the pitlane started & ended. It started at the correct place but then it drove itself under the limiter all the way past the T2 apex before allowing me to take control back.

Does anybody else have this issue?

I may not be able to make the race tomorrow as we will be haing house guests tonight and it may be a little rude of me lock myself in a room for a couple hours. Having said this, if i can annoy them enough that they leave early in the morning, i'll be there for sure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes