Practise Race @ Hungaroring Wed 15th August Sign up.

From what i so far have seen, other F1 mods use the same model numbers than MMG. So when the next person asks, we know that first remove all formula mods, try and then remove the rest if that didn't work.

Great! I missed the race because I couldn't find the password. Incredible! I'm a bit angry now. Am I that blind that I didn't see the password or it's just something that everybody except me knows?

Great! I missed the race because I couldn't find the password. Incredible! I'm a bit angry now. Am I that blind that I didn't see the password or it's just something that everybody except me knows?

Big mistake from me, I am sorry. I forgot you in regards to the password, I thought I had covered all that might not know. And a shame that nobody, including myself, thought of checking the forum before the race started.

We only have one password (except for the official league races), and you'll find it on prestogp.com in the "message box". I'm not used to not everybody knowing, because usually all our servers have been pw-protected with that pw. Just recently have I started to leave the servers without pw. So once again, I appolegies. :(

Jeeeeeez .com man :D .com :D I tried like a 100 combinations but never ever thought it could have .com. I'll know it for the next race. I was so up for a race tonight and I was expecting this one to come but doesn't matter. I hope I'll have more success next week.

First race David lead from start to finish, Chirlie 2nd from start to finish and I 3rd from start to finish.

Second race, after half a lap, I was first, David second and Chirlie third, it stayed that way until lap 7 when David made a mistake, and we finished me first, chirlie second, valter third and david 4th?

Sorry that I do not remember further down the results.

I was on softs, and my best lap in second race (only race still showing in my telemetry) was 1:11,621. And that was with David up my *** ;)

My evening was in two parts, poor race 1, spun and touched the wall, suspension damage, did some curb hopping in the final laps venting frustration on an empty track.. Second race was much better, too bad i noticed in the first corner that my seat was few cm off, had to put it on grass to adjust seat... I had a phenomal start in race2, really close to perfection. Minimal wheelspin, revs stayed constant and did droop. It's just sad that my pace is otherwise too slow to really have any advantage from the start. Racepace got a little bit better, 1:13 was fastest in the race. I copied Davids wings and that helped a lot, i was sliding to much on lower wings. I did adjust engine map but i think i need to increase it again, i got used to shortshifting and that don't work with lower engine mappings...

For those who don't know, you can adjust your engine map and engine brake map.. They control how much torque is put out, you get maximum power in every setting, only the slope changes, lower engine map means lower revs have less torque. It useful tool if you get a lot of exit oversteer due to too much power, it is very similar to throttle sensitivity setting. Engine brake map controls how much throttle is left on while using engine for braking, it's usually few percents more while braking than what throttle position would dictate (real life F1 is around 3-5%, if i remember correctly..). The effect is really subtle but definitely there, it has the most effect on braking stability and can allow to use different brake balance to correct temperature issues...

There is a setup editor, the link is somewhere in this forum, it has all the setup options open, you can adjust 3rd srpings, engine maps, diff lock power. The game setup screen has an error, in the differential section te "power" side of diff lock is actually "Pump"... You can adjust power lock only with setup editor or manually with a text editor. 3rd springs unfortunately aren't useful, the regular springs are too stiff.. It might affect the rear but 3rd spring is most effective in the front and the mod lacks those few clicks...

qualifying -

1st - 1.10.5, was lucky to get pole with it but it was still half a second quicker than 2nd place, understandable as this was a few guys first taste of superpole.

supersoft/7L 10/62 wing

race 1 -

1st place - started very well and stayed in first at t1, from there i pushed as hard as i could on the super softs to see if they would last the 10 at full pace, they did easily, by lap 8 id built up a 6 second gap but made a slight mistake on the last lap and it ended with me 4.5 second in front of second place.

supersoft/38l and 10/62 wing, was great at the front tyre wear was decent, ss could maybe do 12-14 laps easy enough.

race 2 -

4th place - started very well again, was up into 3rd by t1 and set about hunting down nico and valter or kurt? one of them made a mistake and i was behind nico and chasing him down, id went 10/62 wing and it worked very well through the middle sector but i couldnt get anywhere close enough to attempt a pass on the main straight no matter how i took the last turn i was just too slow in a straight line but much faster in the corners, we stayed liek this me chasing nico and chirlie chasing me, on lap7? nico had a small moment at the chicane in s2 and was slow on exit, i kept up full speed through it and tried to go round the outisde, nicos car was drifting over in front of me so i had to take to the grass to avoid, no harm done tho no contact at all although ive complained to the fia about him, anyhoo i recovered and set about chasing again only to loose the rear end on the fast right at end of s2, hit the wall, had aero and suspension damage but kept going, valter was catching me so i let him past, no point fighting a loosing battle in that case, but hung on for 4th.

supersoft/38l and 10/62 wing, wasnt great when behind someone, great through the fast section managed to stay really close to nico but when it came to straights it was no use, no slipstream at all so useless for passing, again though tyres lasted well.

overall a good night at the races, only one thing to mention is that typing during qualifyign is a no no at any time, if youve got something to say wait until everyone has completed their laps, its unfair to be distracted by a large message appearing on screen.

...only one thing to mention is that typing during qualifyign is a no no at any time, if youve got something to say wait until everyone has completed their laps, its unfair to be distracted by a large message appearing on screen.

That's why I disabled ingame chat in my plr-file a long time ago. :) Of course when driving I'm also blind for any important message but I always check the chat when I'm back in the garage.

supersoft/38l and 10/62 wing, was great at the front tyre wear was decent, ss could maybe do 12-14 laps easy enough.

Wow, super soft for 12 - 14 laps sounds impossible to me. Not only in terms of temps but also wear. Well done mate! :thumbsup:

After one short stint test few days ago I'm still unsure if softs are doing well for let's say 16 - 19 laps. :O_o: The car becomes very tricky after 12 - 14 laps. Is it me? Is it the setup? Is it both of it?

I recognized in the past, that some drivers were able to use a softer compound than me for the same stint length. Maybe I'm forcing my tyres too hard???? Mama, I don't want to be like Hamilton!!! :confused:

Hamilton is different this year so you have to change too :) Once I made whole 18 laps stint by mistake on SS and it's not problem for me to do it on softs too with a bit more pushing. I found that crucial for the wear and temps are T1 and the last corner. If you take them a bit easier you can keep the temps within 100-102 degrees and still set low 12s. With SS the car is really tricky after 14-15 laps but it's drivable. As Hamilton said: when you take a corner you need to take it with the less amount of steering input.

My experience is the same as you Reik, and I never considered myself rough on the tyres. Already after 9 laps I tend to make small mistakes, and from lap 13 to 18 I am not capable to match my best lap times.

I am currently aiming at using mediums. Perhaps that is slightly slower than softs, but with the resuced chance of making mistakes it is worth it in my view. I managed a 1:12,4xx on mediums in stint practice a few days ago (but lap times are still averaging on 1:13,000).

Also, except for those in the front of the grid, chances are you will not get to use that superior grip from softs in the first stint as traffic will be in the way. Better to just chill behind, save tyres, and see what you can do towards end of stint or in the pits.

Also, it is my experience that it is not too much one can affect wear just through driving smoothly. I can maybe save 2-5% wear if I really go in for it, but usually my wear is very stable when I am stint-testing.

supersoft/38l and 10/62 wing,

I filled up with 27 liters and 8/43 wings. I know I have less drag than you, but approx 40% more fuel...?

had a fun time out racing in these cars with a sufficient setup the first time out, i i can manage to do less FWD style racing, i might be good at this

quali: was good, had some little mistakes, but, i out-qualified someone the first time around, though i was still 8th of 10 on the grid, but, i like it

race 1: had a reasonable good start, took one or two places, lost another one, so, after a lap, i started to settle in, but then somewhere after the first series of corners, i noticed a Ferrari moving slowly alongside the track, so i slowed down a bit, and just before i got passed him, he hit a wall of some kind, spearing across the track, with me driving right into it (nobody was seriously harmed in this incident ;)) so, limped back to the pits, changed my nosecone, repaired the suspension, ran along for another two laps, and, noticing i was lapped by everyone, i decided to park my car in the pits and wait for race 2

Race 2: had a good start, managed to get two off the line, had another two into the first corner, lost a place in the 2nd one, and after lap 1, i found myself in 5th place, so, i targeted to get myself up to 4th, started pushing hard, and, after 3 laps, i spun on a kerb, hitting a wall, etc, you know the story, so, i stopped after a lap or 4-5,. but, i was very happy do what i like to do, make up a lot of places at the start :).

i am happy with my overall performance, i now know that i can catch up with the rear of the grid, so, only way now is to go up, just need to control myself from pushing too hard, and, control the throttle well enough not to drift every corner

now, let me ask you lot, how was my performance yesterday, was it a bit on pace?

I cannot comment on your exact preformance, because I have not looked at the replay. However, it seems you have a good head, and that is a very good starting point.

First thing I notice is that you compare youself with the slower drivers. This is very good :) Immediatly looking at the best times and aiming to match these will quickly kill the motivation of a new driver. If you can find enjoyment in working your way up the field, starting with the aim of not being last, I think it is a very healthy start :)

At the end of the day however, it all boils down to consistency. If you can keep the car on track lap after lap without making (major) mistakes, you have a place in the league and a good starting point for continual improvement. And the key to becomming consistant is practice, practice, and then some practice :)

The biggest difference from fun races like yesterday and the real league race in 2 weeks is that in the real race, you will likely not see people making mistakes/off the track. Everybody aims at being consistant, that is the big goal all have for the league race.

Avoiding major mistakes like Major is always a good start (I know that was bad haha)

But Victor, I would listen to Nicos advice because I made the experience that abilities in this league are way over the level I was used to in other leagues and also I wouldnt concentrate too much on the first but also already on the 2nd and 3rd season race.
Dont forget that most drivers here have done many seasons and have prepared multiple times for the upcoming tracks so they will need less preperation for every track than new guys like you (and me).

Nico I don't agree with the first part! :D If you want to win you have to compare with the fastest guys and beat them :)

You are perhaps new to PrestoGP, but you are definatley not new to sim racing (if you are, you are talent of the year :)) But remember, it does not help to be fast if you crash... having said that, I have great confidence you'll both be fast and consistant as you seem very skilled. Last test for you is to see if you are able to be stuck behind a slower car (not one lap behind) for a looong time without loosing coolness :) If everybody are well prepared for the Hungaroring race it will be VERY HARD to make a pass at all without risking too much.

I challenge you to beat me in the season Victor, your speed against my concistency (I'm going for 10/10 finishes)... in many ways I hope you win ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back