Practise Race @ Hungaroring Wed 15th August Sign up.

Alfonso drove well last night, good job mate. In Hocke you were slower than me, last night clearly faster, i tried to push like hell but fell behind steadily. As i were driving in the back (again) there were a lot of spinning, i can see that much spins in a wet races. In race1 i started hitting curbs and spinning, i didn't relax and it just continued. If that would've been a race, totally different situation, instant drop of pace until rhythm returns... I rather drop that second per lap than spin twice, i get 5-7 laps minimum of time to get back in the game.

Last season confirmed that qualy pace is really at the bottom of the list when you think about points at the end of season. It's about finishing races, those two DNFs really bother me now, would've been much higher on the points.. I even finished twice 8th and starting every race from the last two rows, that's not bad at all. And my pace is faaaar from 8th....

That reminded me, do we get wet races this season? If we do, newcomers should do at least few laps in the wet to get some feel to it. This mod really is not easy to drive in the wet and there is relatively narrow window for tire compounds, when the grip is starting to get to comfortambly level, it's time to switch again. We have used custom weathers so that means it can rain 2 minutes, stop, drizzle for 30 minutes, complete sunshine etc. The ingame weather is awful so using "chageable" weather in offline practice won't give the right picture.

I can make those default weathers for different wetness level. We were doing a lot of testing last season so we have definitely edge in weather department, we know what 75% wetness feels like.. I'll write instructions on how to use custom weathers, it's very easy and you can do them yourself too, i got the software for it, i'll give the link too..

You are perhaps new to PrestoGP, but you are definatley not new to sim racing (if you are, you are talent of the year :)) But remember, it does not help to be fast if you crash... having said that, I have great confidence you'll both be fast and consistant as you seem very skilled. Last test for you is to see if you are able to be stuck behind a slower car (not one lap behind) for a looong time without loosing coolness :) If everybody are well prepared for the Hungaroring race it will be VERY HARD to make a pass at all without risking too much.

I challenge you to beat me in the season Victor, your speed against my concistency (I'm going for 10/10 finishes)... in many ways I hope you win ;)

I'm new to real sim games but I've played F1 2010/1 so much that I know how and when to overtake and how to drive behind slower car. Yeah big bonus there is the DRS but in F1 2010 there was no DRS and I was till able to make clean overtakes :) Many people think F1 2011 players are not real sim racers but we are. We are a bunch of guys who know each other very well, know how to drive, how to fight, how to defend and how to handle the pressure.
I know Hungary is hard to overtake especially with this layout but still not impossible. I always try to be clean and never make idiotic moves.
Considering I'm a rookie in this game and mod it's normal not to expect anything from this season. My goal is to finish in the points in all races and if I have an opportunity to finish on the podium or win a race.Challenging for the tittle? - Maybe next season :)
Speaking of consistency and speed - I might have shown some speed in qually but that's not my strongest part at all. I've done a lot of testing to get used to this game for the last 3 weeks and I can do 18 laps within a second. An F1 2011 friend called me a robot once when I made 10 laps withing 0.25.

I accept your challenge Nico but it's not likely to beat you. At least not this season.

I apologize for signing up and not being able to participate - I will be here next week though.

Having the first week at new studies in University.
(Information Technology - language and communication)
It has been a hell of a lot of drinking.
Yesterday was no different - hard to say no to free booze and barbeque.

Next week will be the start of studies for real - so alcohol will go from being my friend to my enemy ;)

Glad you all had a good race.
Cannot wait to have a practice race next week.

Now I will lay down and get ready for the last big binge tomorrow.

My race report:

Qualify:
I think I did 1:11:0xx and that gave me 3rd place, with Chirlie on 2nd and Valter in 4th. The lap was as expected, not better, not worse :)

Race 1:
I seemed to be on equal pace, more or less, with Chirlie in second. The whole race was about chasing him. I never got close enough to challenge him, nor did I lose him, most of the time I was about 1,2 seconds behind. Well driven mate!

Race 2:
A good start and a safe passage at the right side brought me from 6th to 2nd before t1, and it did not take long before Kennett made a mistake and I was leading the race with David on my tail.

I was very motivated to keep it together, do 10 flawless laps and beat David. And for the first 6 laps this worked perfectly. On lap 7 however, I braked too late for t6, missed the apex and got a rough entry to t7, hit the apex-curb hard and had a scruffy exit. No drama though, I stayed on the track but lost a good half second. David did not get past as he "went for" the outside where there was no room. However, i think this broke David's rythm, and he crashed a few turns later. The rest of the race I was able to not let Chirlie get any closer to me and won the race around 2 sec ahead of Chirlie I think.

I thought of making a video of the battle with David, but I am a bit lazy, instead I found a youtube clip which describes the situation well. I am Gandalf, and David is... well, the other guy ;)

Having the first week at new studies in University.
(Information Technology - language and communication)
It has been a hell of a lot of drinking.
Yesterday was no different - hard to say no to free booze and barbeque.

And i'm going to secondary school for the same field, only difference that my medium is audio/visual communication :) Probably the best guys to party with in any school, in my experience only set builders are tougher to drink under the table...

Kennett made a mistake

Deliberate mistake, i have to correct... I had my seat to adjust... It's a good thing we don't have two races, preparation for race2 is always poor... excuses.... Seat adjust has never been a problem in race1, that start routine is in the spine..

Some might kill me for the this but TBH I didn't find that much of a difference in terms of handling between F1 2011 and Mak Corp. It's probably because of Reik's great setups but still the car reacts almost the same as F1 2011 excluding the extra grip in corners.

:)

What i understood about F1 2011 physics engine that it is proper engine, it's just that the game is ruined by applying driverhelps like extragrip, ie the "real simulation" difficulty level is actually something else entirely. The same laws apply to both and if it's close to what we have, i say that's good news... Reiks setup or should i say PrestoGp setup (since all uses the same basic principles that were found during earlier...) does make a huge difference, that is true.

I could use you for testing the possibility of making our own mod.. It would be single-chassis class, that makes it small in size. Teams are made in Customskins so we would need only ONE model ID... But i need feedback on what physics to choose for the base, i got all the tools and info on how to build the entire model from scratch.. Also a huge set of reference data from different F1 mods and of course SImBins own version, RR... RR is actually quite nice when combined with non-limited MMG suspension, aero, engine and tires....

have to say great races guys :thumbsup:

Q - i was 2nd behind david and just ahead of nico

race 1 - had good pace but not enought to catch david , and was very closely hounded hehe :) by nico always in my mirrors keeping me honest as the f1 like to say hehe but great race nico

race 2 - started far back but got a great start and was quickly down to 3rd chasing david in 2nd and nico in 1st, this is how it stayed till few laps till end until david made a small mistake and left the track putting me into 2nd, ul david:( and nico was just to fast and no mistakes from him left me 2nd at the end and im more than happy with my result cant wait till next race :thumbsup:

Enjoyed both races and was aiming for no big mistakes, which would have been done but for my throttle spiking and spinning me round in Race 2. It's all good practice and experience.
On a sidenote I actually configured my wheel in control panel for the first time and the difference was dramatic, so much more sensitive and should make consistency more achievable.

hey, i have to say, my main experience in racing in here is touring cars, i am used to drive a underpowered FWD Peugeot, so, that i am up to speed with the back of the grid, i am really pleased with such results

i have some good experience with sim racing since a year or 3-4, started with a lan match with my brother and a friend of his, in GTR2, and it kept me pleased ever since, i am racing since ever i can remember , i can recall looking through the steering wheel 10 years ago while playing Grand Prix 3, but, after that, it was mainly NFS, so, no real experience there,

so, after GTR2, it really kept me hooked, and i really enjoyed doing it (62 car races at spa, etc.) and, after a while i bought race 07, and, with a year practice, i could fight for podiums in public games, in a car like the Pug, so, after a while I joined a local/international Belgian/South African racing league (mainly friendly racing, but with the likes of Jack Keithley, and people who are up to speed with him), and I've been racing them ever since,
on a side note, i do play F1-2010/'11 too, i can manage to score points and podiums in a Lotus, on the hardest settings, but, because i can calibrate my steer right, i am forced to use the TCT

I do really hope that i am able to race here, but, sadly i am not sure about this yet, this mainly has to do with school, and it's uncertainty around it (i am a student cook, but i am not that good, and i dont really like it, so, i want to do something else, but, the things i wanted to do, i am not sure i can do this yet, and due to the summer vacation, i wont hear from it until about one or two weeks from now :(, so, i am not sure if i can race yet, but i am willing to do so)

so, if i can join, setups wont be a problem, i know my way around wet weather races, and, i somehow am very good at overtaking, so main target for me would be, keep it on the road, keep it consistent, and don't make too many mistakes

Can you please explain what you exactly did?

Of course Dino.
Go to Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> Select your device -> Right click Game Controller Settings -> Properties-> Settings then set things as you like.

It's funny though, they are the same settings as in the Logitech controller setup but feel so much better.

One ex-WTCC FWD and GT driver here too, in total i think i got +10 seasons under my belt, no success anywhere. Retros are where i excel, even getting podiums in Club races .. Switching to the apex class took a lot of practice alone and going nowhere but like a week with these guys i was in.. Help here is awesome, isn't it? I think it was 2 seconds i got off from lap time for good in one week?

There are some recommendations regarding those windows driver settings. Centering spring should be set to 0 or 1 but marked active. The game handles that part of function so we do not want it twice. Also damper and spring settings should 0 or 1 too, for the same reason. There is a lengthy discussion somewhere in the race07 forum about FFB clipping, in short, if you put FFB force more than 100% there is a possibility that your wheel runs out of torque to use. This happens very easily with momo and i believe G25 suffers from this too. So recommendation is to use 100% FFB strength in windows settings and then adjust the desired amount in game. These are the settings i got from Bram and he got them from somewhere where they have really spent time testing this so i trust them. (EDIT: Bram uses 101% FFB, that must be relic from some earlier title like GP4..)

Clipping is what almost all wheels are set to when they leave the factory. You get really strong steering feel with a weak motor but in the process, all information that clips, are not translated at all, the torque stays the same... When they demo these wheels, they are always set to 150 or 200% force, it is in "awesome, so cool, look my hands can't take this torque, i got to get this wheel" settings...

Then there's the ingame FFB settings, there's is a thread for that too.. I got the procedure/tutorial here, it's interesting reading.. : http://cream.galleria.fi/SRS/Misc/FFB guide v1_0 by juls.zip

Here is the thread: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...b-strong-think-again.30763/page-4#post-870536

Of course Dino.
Go to Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> Select your device -> Right click Game Controller Settings -> Properties-> Settings then set things as you like.

It's funny though, they are the same settings as in the Logitech controller setup but feel so much better.
This leads to the standart settings monitor for your wheel, thanks Bob :p

No, what I meant is what you exactly changed :)

Dino I my wheel rotation in the Logitech software was 543 degree but in contol panel software it was 571, so I disabled Logitech software and just set it in control panel and there was no spongy feeling anymore, it seems much more precise.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 219 14.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%