1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Practice race variant; Wednesday 10th of August

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Nicolai Nicholson, Aug 6, 2011.

1. I recently thought about an interesting alternative way to arrange a fun race, a way that demands zero preperation from the participants :)

The "scheme"
    We just agree on day and time of race (e.g. Wednesday 10th of August at 7pm), but not on track or car. Nobody will know what we are racing until the server is open. This means that one needs to use the practice session to prepare for the qualify and race.

Preferably one would limit the selection of tracks to simple/known once, and also avoid very "tricky" cars.

Such a practice race can be announced much closer to the race day than a "conventional" fun race. Also, it would be a different experience, where everybody will need to spend the same amount of time in preperations (practice session).

From the participants' perspective, all you need to do is to join the server when it is opened at the agreed time (at this time you'll learn what track we are racing) and chose a car among those availeble to you :)

What do you think? I would be keen on doing such a race on Wednesday (10th of August) if enough people are interested.

2. Sound fun, works for me. But im not home 10th:frown:

3. I like that idea, would be great fun. :)

7pm UK time ?

4. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

great idea! I love to compete under exactly same conditions. This would be a great challenge to start from zero with a unknown car-track-combo. So we all can prove how quickly we adjust to new conditions. :)

I'd be in! :)

5. Time and length of sessions can be agreed upon. I just wrote 7pm to demonstrate that contrary to the "classic format", practice session would be very important. Therefore it makes sence to say when practice session starts instead of when qualify starts... :)

6. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

nice idea ---surprise race---:)

7. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Sounds fun. Some of my cars are brand new with zero on the odometer.
    I hope it will be a Saleen, I like the noise they do, quite like the sound of a big Scania truck.

8. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Is it possible to decide until tomorrow afternoon, if we'll launch such an event allready this wednesday? I'd like to be in but need to know if it's starting this wednesday to make some planing...

9. I guess it all depends on how many wants to join :) I think we should be at least 8?

01.nicolai

10. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

01. Nicolai
    02. Reik

11. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

01. Nicolai
    02. Reik
    03. Valerio

12. 01. Nicolai
    02. Reik
    03. Valerio
    04. Bob

13. Interesting fun race, I am sorry I can’t join you guysdue to early work commitment.

14. Sadly, I have not been too well of late. :( Best for all that I do not attend...

15. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

01. Nicolai
    02. Reik
    03. Valerio
    04. Bob
    05. Valter

16. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

hope its nothing serious Peter and that your back on top form in no time, get well soon.

17. x2

Get well soon mate :)

18. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

yeah, recover quickly mate :)

19. 01. Nicolai
    02. Reik
    03. Valerio
    04. Bob
    05. Valter

06. David McCradic

20. ok, so we are 6 people... what to do :) I earlier thought that we needed to be at least 8 for me to to make it worth while (because Norway is playing the Czeck Republic in football/soccer at the same time).

What do the rest think, too few or not?