Practice race at Hungaroring 22nd of August - Sign up

Treated it as a pre race warm up to see where I needed to brush up and the main thing is wing settings, 11/68 is stable but slow, but live and learn. After all the offs in the practice starts just thought i'd start from the back and stay clear of trouble, so threw in 90 litres for shorter pitstops and all was well, up to 10th then stayed out 1 lap to long and spun the wheels coming out of the esses after the chicane hitting the barrier, which didn't get fixed in the pitstop so had to pit again to fix. From then on just tried to lap faster and faster, which eventually showed me the limit with another off. But this was just a practice and a look and see what it's really like.

Observations:
67 mins was not a problem.
Scary at times things happen so fast.
Don't like no pit limiter, missed my box every time and didn't have time to confirm settings.
Looking forward to finishing all races, not bothered where, just want to finish and learn for next season.

Here's my "little" race report.

All 3 practice starts went well. I just got a little bit scared about the bad car balance with race setup in the first lap.

Qualy (1st):

Tryed to put in a calm and decent lap, which worked fine. No hurry and overdriving the car but being quick with smoothness and hitting each corner. This kind of approach most likely costs me half of a second comparde to my PB. So it did result in a 1:09:7xx.

Race (3rd):

I had a very nice start and Tim from 3rd too. Until T1 I didn't see David from P2 in my mirror, so I thought he could be on my inside with a perfect start, too. That wasn't true but to be sure I left some space on the inside. The next corners were mine.

I couldn't really open a gap to Tim in 2nd. The gap varied from 1 to 4 seconds. My mediums did well so far. From lap 13 the grip level got worse and worse.

Around lap 15 I entered T2 and saw Henrik, who was going to be lapped, loosing control and drifting to the leaft before T3. I expected him to get it under control there so I could take the normal line into T3 but unfortunately he lost it and came back crossing the road in T3. To avoid a big hit I had to go the contrary direction and move to the left outside into the gravel. It was no big deal at all ;), just lost one position to Tim when reentering carefully 2 or 3 seconds behind him.

I tryed hard to follow him on my worn tyres but had to accept he is slightly quicker. Two laps later I braked too late into the fist chicane, went wide and had to let David pass before reentering the track. So back in 3rd now.

David and Tim pitted one lap earlier than me. My last lap before stop 1 was horribleThe stop itself went well. When leaving the pit I came back behind Nicolas and very close behind Dale who was going to be lapped. I was holding a tight line through T1 one and wanted to wait for the next opportunity to lap but Dales rear overtook him, so he spun to the inside infront of me. I braked hard and drove around him on the outside slightly touching him. I had no damage and I hope Dale didn't have one too. So no problem at all.

A few laps later the field was sorted when everyone had his first stop. I was in 3rd ~ 7 - 8 seconds behind Tim and David. I tried to push hard on the new tyres to close up a little bit. Indeed the gap decreased but only very slowly.

I think because of pushing in the beginning of the second stint, my tyres were worn earlier and the car was tricky to hold on track. So I decided to pit earlier for my second stop to hopefully gain few more seconds on fresh tyres whilest Tim and David would still be on old ones. But entering the pit in the end of lap 34, David was already there. His stop took a little bit longer because I left the pits close behind him.

When leaving the pits, Davids car was smoking from overheating. Maybe it came from turning the engine on a little bit too early, so when standing the engine got too hot? After one lap the smoke disappeared, so it was no big problem. In addition he slightly pulled away so I wasn't able to attack.

I tryed all my best to chase David and maybe catch up on Tim a little bit but there was nothing to do against their strong performance this day. So finally I finshed 3rd behind David (2nd) and and Tim (1st). So big congrats to both of them! It will become a very close season I asume. :thumbsup:

PS:
Lapping was a bit more difficult this time but I don't want to blame anyone. The track is so narrow and twisty giving no time to react and to judge everything right so I have full sympathy with everyone who had problems when being lapped.

In general the attitude was perfect as always and in average those few issues took more or less the same time from each quick driver. If one had more bad luck this time I call it racing. ;)

Thx Nico and all drivers! Can't wait next week.

ok great practise race all , ok q was dodgey i had no ffb for superpole which was poor & put me last ( i hope it dont happen in the real first race) but i got good start & made some place's up then i spun & jonas hit me straight on which was neither of our faults, then from then it was ok then on lap 30odds i spun out with my tyres going bald ,which ended up with me crashing which then i had aero & suspension damage from it then i pitted thinking it was my steering that was knackard so i pitted twice one after the other 1 for aero then again for suspension damage then on lap 42 i run out of fuel because i forgot to do my last pit! :sick: but am very glad it was a practise race & not the first race.
ok cya all for the start of the season ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back