Practice race at Hungaroring 22nd of August - Sign up

What can i say:(

Q- was fine and everything went smoothly :thumbsup:

R- ok here goes lol started off fine untill i touched grass going into corner then boom barrier lol, made it back to pits but forgot to turn auto pit of so when came out i spun out onto main straight :thumbsdown: so had to escape quick so i didnt wreck anyone GRs untill i screwed the pootch so to speak lol

Q: meeh
R: Started from P14 but immediately found myself in P19 when Alfonso spun after the start and I had nowhere to go.
So I bumped into him, had to turn around and was already a few seconds behind the field.
So in stint 1 I completely focused on myself, pushed as much as possible and got up to P11 before pits
I pushed a bit too much because my softs were already gone in minute 19 so I decided to do a longer stint with meds and another short stint with softs. untill stop two I was behind Valter who then must have made a mistake at his pitstop so I got infront of him with a 40 second lead and was able to keep P10 untill the end.

Q. 10

R. Wings 8/50 and medium compound on all four. High tire temps around 100°C. Fuel 52L. Nice and much needed practice. I like to practice in "real" conditions. My motivation isn't on maximum when doing lap after lap on my own:) Thanks for a fun race guys.

Before last stop my mail client started to import new messages, the FPS was about 5 to 10 for a while I guess, and the virus protection reacted with a nice little dialogue window over the game. Next time I will remember to close it down. I closed all in last pitstop but then I'd lost a lot of time already and lost more having to go to desktop.
A couple of cars had a smoke screen. I hope we can avoid that in the future.

I must apologise for punting a McLaren at the beginning of the race. I am very sorry mate. That was me reacting to slow. I saw that you didn't lose the racing line in the contact so I hope you didn't get any damage. I will check the replay later to investigate your name. We had more than one McLaren on the track I think.

Sorry for not joining last night but I wasn't done with the PC. Around 11PM I finished with the OS installation and that was somewhere around the middle of the race. I'll have to download all steam games cause the USB drive where I backed up the steamapps folder is dead. It took me like 1.5 hours to format it just to see if I can fix it but nope, didn't happen. It's funny but it actually works and I can read and write to it but the speed is like I use a floppy...

Well I was enjoying that until I ran out of fuel on lap 4... Guess I've been playing F1 2011 too long :) Can someone give me some tips on what to do with pitting etc please?

You should use the request pitstop button before going in, it alerts the pit-crew and you save time in pit. start the engine manually after refuelling is done and gain a couple of seconds. And practice pitstops:)

Well I was enjoying that until I ran out of fuel on lap 4... Guess I've been playing F1 2011 too long :) Can someone give me some tips on what to do with pitting etc please?
Reik did a very good pit stop explanation for me several weeks ago but I couldn't find it now. And yeah just like me, you've played F1 2011 for too long and you're used to 4-5 secs pit stop :D

Here we go:

In addition to the tips from Sean and Nico I like to show you the pit stop procedure wich sums it all up. I made this vid some month ago at Silverstone...

This is the setp by step procedure:

Being on track you press the asigned button for pit request.

Crossing the pit entry the game automatically engages the limiter, so you have to disengage it immediately with an asigned button. Some times your spot is so close to the pit entry you have to brake before crossing the entry line (so you can disengage the limiter when being refilled). Otherwise you go flat out through the pits to brake as late as possible to hit your spot.

When crossing the entry line the presets window pops up (you have to create those presets in the options before entering the grid). If you are in sync with your scheduled strategy you should already have selected the rigth preset, so you have to press "confirm" before you reach your spot to get your crew working immediately. Otherwise you may want to make changes to the settings when standing at your spot - the crew will wait that time. (I some times change presets or make small adjustments when driving on a longer straight but I also had bad trouble when doing so. So I better make bigger adjustments in the pits to be safe).

The engine gets automatically turned off under refilling. Once the crew starts changing tyres you should engage it manually again (asign a button for "starter" or "ignition" I think). This should save you ~ 5 seconds because otherwise the engine would get started after dropping you down.

Leave the pit as quick as possible but without crossing the white pit exit line with any wheel (like real F1). If there's incoming traffic from behind and you are in a defending position on the inside line like at Hungaroring, of course you are allowed to defend but you should be able to hold a tight line through the corner.

Last and important thing:

When you enter the server on race day, you receive your pit spot for the whole event. So you should find out in this practise session where it is and when to brake for it. But the general pit in/pit out should be practised prior each event to be safe for yourself and for others.

I wrote it so detailed in the hope that every new comer gets the best idea of our pit stop system. A short click on "like" would let all others know you read and understood the procedure.

Was a nice practice race for me, I would take that as the official race any time :)

q: The usual ~1 sec away from pb with superpole

r: All 3 practice starts didn't go too well. Lost out a lot on all of them by taking turn 1 very cautious and was even punted hard from behind on the 3rd one. But funny enough, the real start was good and I even gained a position I think^^

I was really lucky that I had nice space in front of me and fast drivers to match my laps to. Driving in the pack with these cars is brutal.

Rest of the race including pitstops was ok. The only big mishap was, when I slided off-track on my own, on the entry to turn1, forgetting for a brief moment that my tires weren't new anymore :D

q: 7th / r: 5th

Dino, that was a very nice performance in general but especially for a new comer. :thumbsup: Having done so at Hungaroring even increases that value because I noticed myself that it is a very tough race on that twisty track.

I had a nice race as well. I qualified 6th, but a causious start left me at 8th after the first turns. After a few laps the gap to the car behind was growing, while I was losing a few tenths to Chirlie in front of me. However, I was hoping some in front of me were on softs so I could gain on them towards the end of the stint.

This didn't really happen, and at one point Chirlie crashed out, so I was on 7th.

After the first pit stop I was not too far behind Vincenzo (3-4sec) and I was chasing him (similar pace) until maybe 10 laps before the end, where Vince was caught by a back marker I think it must have been. It was a great shame, I had been within 10 sec of him the whole race and was at this stage maybe 1 sec behind (and I had medium tyres). But the battle was not to be.

Instead I found Dino ahead of me, he was 0,5-2 sec ahead of me the last laps, but I was not able to muster enough focus and speed to challenge him.

All in all I was very happy with my race, I did not make one mistake (that cost me more than 0,5 sec), and then it is acctually very satisfying to know that there were 6 (7 counting Vince) who did an even better job than me. Solid racing guys! Can't wait for the real race where we will be even more people and even better prepared :D

Had so much fun yesterday.
Although I had nine 360 to 840 spins and 10 times off track and once in the barriers - I really enjoyed myself.
Most of the race I concentrated on letting people be able to pass...lol

I made a huge mistake in turn 5 at the beginning and from there my race was a lost cause as I was dead last after that.

Finished the race at least :)

I made 3 pitstops, first fuel and tires, 2nd suspension fuel and tires and the last fuel and tires, but I did a Schumacher (apart from almost being dead last) and finished race in pitlane...lol
Need much training on the pit stops.

I tried to disengage the pit-limiter, but it never worked...not in and not out

Although I had nine 360 to 840 spins and 10 times off track and once in the barriers - I really enjoyed myself.
(...)
Need much training on the pit stops.

I'll get practicing on the pitstops for this weekend

What you need is online stint practice. You (Henrik) showed many good attributes, like giving way and completing the race, but your abillity to drive consistently was not good enough.

We need to see that you can complete a stint without major mistakes before we can allow you into the league race (that goes for all new members).

Please don't get me wrong, I am only trying to constructively point you in the right direction, because I do want you to be in our league. And I know that if you can find motivation and time to complete a handful of stints in good time for the race it is likely you'll be ready :)

EDIT: all completed laps are logged on the server. I use this to anticipate who is prepared for a league race, and who's not. Therefore it is important that one uses the online servers, so that I as soon as possible can green light you :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back