F1 2012 Poll: How do you race in F1 2012?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
view.jpg

As that tweet was directed to the community lets hear it from you guys: "What view are you using in F1 2012?"

Cockpit only way to go, but 2012 cockpit were bad, because of distance between in game view and steering wheel (why do I have to have that gap twice - in real between my head and wheel, and again same distance in game - so there was not big difference in cockpit and t-cam anyway ). So cockpit or not, just make it modable again...

As far as I can remember back, Since the mid 80's I have only ever played any game (that includes driving) from cockpit cam. With one exception - GTA.

Personally, I think all other cams should be removed - other cams should only be for replays. ALL driving should be done from the cockpit no matter what. End of.

WHY would you drive in any other view?

This isn't real life, some people prefer driving with a more open view, especially when you first start playing

As far as I can remember back, Since the mid 80's I have only ever played any game (that includes driving) from cockpit cam. With one exception - GTA.

Personally, I think all other cams should be removed - other cams should only be for replays. ALL driving should be done from the cockpit no matter what. End of.

Well i've been driving F1 games since 1994 and always in T-cam or something that looks like it, the reason for this is that you have a better view of the track, wich is something you don't have when driving in cocpit view. unless you have a full blown simulator in which you can see a 180 degree angle around you by turning your head slightly, besides that old habbits are very difficult to get rid off. In every game since 1994 i've tried to drive in cockpit cam, but always got back to T- cam. All my breaking and cornering action is based on this view so that's how it's gonna stay, as it would take me to much adjusting to do it otherwise.

G.Heuts

I'm using T-cam on CM F1 2012. I just dont like the cockpit view on the game, in rFactor otherwise, I love to play from cockpit view. In rFactor, the steering wheel feels natural and your view is better from it than in CM's game. I can't explain, it's just better. I'm trying to find some good Cam Mod for CM's game, maybe whith a good one, I'll be able to drive from cockpit view.

I've driven both on F1 2012. TV and Cockpit. And I've always gotten back to TV. It's just that the cockpit in F1 2012 is too bad. It's not realistic. On pCARS, I don't get out of the cockpit, but on this game I just don't enjoy it. I feel like I'm trapped inside the car. Not like I'm driving it. And before you say something about the pace. I had the EXACT same pace with both cameras.

It's just the way you enjoy the game. I enjoy it more from TV Camera. If someone moans that I'm faster than him cuz of the camera, I can always switch just to prove him wrong, but I'll always get back to TV at the end. :)

I preffer using the T-Cam, but I sometime drive using the Cockpit Cam. Anyways, I've never used the chase cam, I can't even drive with that. I never hit the apex and I tend to spin out in almost every corner of driving with that cam. Maybe, if they make a better Cockpit cam in F1 2013, I will play with that, but, in F1 2012, I will continue to play with the T-Cam.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back