1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Poll: How do you race in F1 2012?

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by RaceDepartment, Feb 27, 2013.

1. T-Cam

56.6%
  2. Cockpit

42.6%
  3. Chase

0.8%
  1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

view.jpg

As that tweet was directed to the community lets hear it from you guys: "What view are you using in F1 2012?"

2. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Whilst they could have, and most probably were, just asking a harmless question, I can't help but think that they might take it out if they get enough 8 year olds kids telling them they race in chase cam.

I most definitely wont buy the 2013 game if they take cockpit cam out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

No cockpit cam therefore no sale, simples! ........ they are on dodgy ground already with me, this would be the final nail in the coffin

• Like Like x 3
  4. I really doubt they will remove cockpit cam since they have added all the driver animations and such which you can see in T-cam anyway so would be a really bad move on their part.

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

If they were to remove a view I opt for the chase view. Never understood that people who love racing games and cars choose that particular view.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Chase view is really only suited to NFS hot pursuit. Lol

Mike Partington I was just thinking that. I don't think they will get rid of it, because they've already put so much effort into the bespoke cockpits. Why get rid of something that ain't broke.

7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Because they can .... :)

Now where did free practice one and two go? :cautious:

8. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

And here's you're answer! I Just asked Steve Hood.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. NO purchase from me neither if that is removed. Always raced from that view, everything else is a no go. You never see a F1 pilot driving from the top of the car do you ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Im really hoping they bring them back in the 2013 release. They received a huge amount of "unpleasant responses" from fans for taking them out.

11. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

..... but they told us WE don't use FP1 & 2, so the development of their new 'clairvoyancy engine' (dunno if it replaces the EGO engine), must be coming along just fine ;)

12. Bram

Bram

True I didn't use FP1 and FP2 in F1 2012... oh wait.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I am trying to switch to cockpit camera for some time now. I like it!

• Like Like x 2
  14. I hope the New engine may have better Aspects than the current one.
    Also if they dare to take Cockpit cam out then i won't buy it.

15. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Sorry Kartik Sri Harsha you misunderstood my joke. Clairvoyancy is the ability to read people's minds, and perhaps see the future. As CM think they know what drivers want and how they actually play their game ...... they must be clairvoyant, hence my made up joke game engine called the 'clairvoyancy engine' :whistling:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Oh I clearly Misunderstood you But thanks for making me to learn a New word :thumbsup:
    I think they will use EGO 3.0 for next game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium Member

I think they should link Cockpit view to the highest simulation level of the game ,i mean that you should not be able to use any other view when you play on that level !

18. Cockpit cam all the way.

19. As far as I can remember back, Since the mid 80's I have only ever played any game (that includes driving) from cockpit cam. With one exception - GTA.

Personally, I think all other cams should be removed - other cams should only be for replays. ALL driving should be done from the cockpit no matter what. End of.

WHY would you drive in any other view?

20. Bram

Bram

So far nobody voted chase cam. Great, so they can remove this view for F1 2013 then if they are consistent at CM.