PLEASE HELP!!! G27 realistic setup

Can someone please give tell me how to setup my G27 for the most realistic feel in AC? I have tried to use wheel check and lut generator but there were little to no details and the FFB was so light i thought my wheel was unplugged. I dont know if maybe i have profiler settings wrong (global,device, and specific game) or i did the LUT wrong, but I am begging someone here that uses a G27 and has a realistic feel to please tell me how to set all of it. Thank you to all that read this and any advice is much appreciated!

For me it's the best what the G27 can deliver with assetto corsa. Of course nowhere near a real car, but you see how much of a perfectionist I am to create such a guide, and I am very happy with it :)

Yeah i know the G27 is like the vw of sim wheels compared to others out there but i know it should feel a heck of a lot better than it does (with my current settings) I need to go over your guide with a fine tooth comb and make sure I have mine setup identical to it. Have you made any changes since?

RasmusP

Premium
Yeah i know the G27 is like the vw of sim wheels compared to others out there but i know it should feel a heck of a lot better than it does (with my current settings) I need to go over your guide with a fine tooth comb and make sure I have mine setup identical to it. Have you made any changes since?
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...her-wheels-configuration.134490/#post-2474332

This is the post with everything you need for the LUT configuration. You see a complete LUT, which was my first satisfying attempt.
I currently use the LUT that is hidden in the "Spoiler: Updated LUT".
It's a bit tighter and stronger around the center, but you get more vibrations and rattling from the wheel, in fact, you get little bit of rattling even when standing in the pits, but that's ok and I like it :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...her-wheels-configuration.134490/#post-2474332

This is the post with everything you need for the LUT configuration. You see a complete LUT, which was my first satisfying attempt.
I currently use the LUT that is hidden in the "Spoiler: Updated LUT".
It's a bit tighter and stronger around the center, but you get more vibrations and rattling from the wheel, in fact, you get little bit of rattling even when standing in the pits, but that's ok and I like it :)

I can deal with that (big fan of NVH from solid mounts) i like to feel as much from the car as possible haha

I entered the updated LUT file from RasmusP and what a difference!!!! I did some hot lapping last night and my lap time at barcelona is 15 seconds faster! Way more feel and control over the steering input, so happy i can finally enjoy AC! Thank you to everyone for your help!

RasmusP

Premium
I entered the updated LUT file from RasmusP and what a difference!!!! I did some hot lapping last night and my lap time at barcelona is 15 seconds faster! Way more feel and control over the steering input, so happy i can finally enjoy AC! Thank you to everyone for your help!
Glad you could figure it out! :)
I'm creating a second thread with a guide only for the lut settings with different luts but didn't have the time yet.

Very happy that you could sort it out without further help :inlove:

Glad you could figure it out! :)
I'm creating a second thread with a guide only for the lut settings with different luts but didn't have the time yet.

Very happy that you could sort it out without further help :inlove:

what are you changing with the new LUTs? I am using your updated LUT with the FFB clip app and it feels awesome! I think I might turn on the understeer effects a small amount though, I can feel it start to loose grip on sweepers but things like chicanes i could use a tiny more feedback on them. Overall though a million times better than what my settings were before and can actually lay down clean/fast laps now! I will definitely be on the look for your new LUT details thanks again!

RasmusP

Premium
what are you changing with the new LUTs? I am using your updated LUT with the FFB clip app and it feels awesome! I think I might turn on the understeer effects a small amount though, I can feel it start to loose grip on sweepers but things like chicanes i could use a tiny more feedback on them. Overall though a million times better than what my settings were before and can actually lay down clean/fast laps now! I will definitely be on the look for your new LUT details thanks again!
If you already use the updated LUT, there won't be anything new. I didn't change my settings since then :)
But after that much Feedback I'm gonna do a LUT-Only-Guide in the Downloads section of AC.

It's just to be a bit clearer and easier to apply. With clearer screenshots and fewer words... And to spare you from reading my whole guide.
The old Thread won't be deleted though, in fact I'll link both threads in their counterpart.

RasmusP

Premium
I think I might turn on the understeer effects a small amount though
I forgot to answer to that. Sadly the understeer setting can't be adjusted. It's either on or off :(
And when it's on, it's way over the top!
I put it on when I'm learning a new car though because you get a feedback when you shouldn't turn the wheel any further.
But in general it feels absolutely unrealistic...

I forgot to answer to that. Sadly the understeer setting can't be adjusted. It's either on or off :(
And when it's on, it's way over the top!
I put it on when I'm learning a new car though because you get a feedback when you shouldn't turn the wheel any further.
But in general it feels absolutely unrealistic...
oh i will just leave it how it is then, i can always turn up the feedback in the ffb clip since im not clipping at all.

I am still having trouble with car control and lacking details. I can only drift with stability control on because otherwise i can't feel the car gain grip to countersteer quick enough. I am using the tight center LUT you posted and my track driving has improved dramatically but i feel like with the videos i watch of fellow g27 users i am missing out on something. I don't know if it is in my profiler or if maybe my wheel is just slightly different so the LUT isn't working properly.

RasmusP

Premium
I am still having trouble with car control and lacking details. I can only drift with stability control on because otherwise i can't feel the car gain grip to countersteer quick enough. I am using the tight center LUT you posted and my track driving has improved dramatically but i feel like with the videos i watch of fellow g27 users i am missing out on something. I don't know if it is in my profiler or if maybe my wheel is just slightly different so the LUT isn't working properly.
To feel the car while drifting isn't that easy as it seems. A friend of mine has the same speed as me in Dirt Rally but when I showed him how to drift the M3 Drift on the "Skidpad", he couldn't hold anything and just spun and spun and spun. :O_o::roflmao:

The problem with this is that you don't really feel anything while drifting. In real life too!
I did some very small and careful drifts with my real car on snow and in heavy rain (not enough Horsepower...) and you don't feel what the car is doing!

You start the slide with the throttle and a little notch on the steering wheel. Then the wheel will auto-rotate in one direction (not really, because actually the rear wheels are stepping out and the front wheels are just staying how they are).
After this the front wheels are "just rolling in a straight line, or light turn". The rear has NO grip at all.

So how should you feel anything? You can't!
The only thing you have is when the drift starts coming to an end and then you will see how the car is rotating back to a straight line and you will see the wheel slightly rotating back too.

In THIS moment you need to be very firm, careful and fast at the same time and put the steering wheel straight again to counter the "snapback" when the wheels are getting grip again.
This is the only time you actually really have any force feedback at the wheel. The rest is keeping it balanced with the throttle and very little steering inputs!

I hope that helps, here is a little video how that looks after 2-3 hours of training for me:

To feel the car while drifting isn't that easy as it seems. A friend of mine has the same speed as me in Dirt Rally but when I showed him how to drift the M3 Drift on the "Skidpad", he couldn't hold anything and just spun and spun and spun. :O_o::roflmao:

The problem with this is that you don't really feel anything while drifting. In real life too!
I did some very small and careful drifts with my real car on snow and in heavy rain (not enough Horsepower...) and you don't feel what the car is doing!

You start the slide with the throttle and a little notch on the steering wheel. Then the wheel will auto-rotate in one direction (not really, because actually the rear wheels are stepping out and the front wheels are just staying how they are).
After this the front wheels are "just rolling in a straight line, or light turn". The rear has NO grip at all.

So how should you feel anything? You can't!
The only thing you have is when the drift starts coming to an end and then you will see how the car is rotating back to a straight line and you will see the wheel slightly rotating back too.

In THIS moment you need to be very firm, careful and fast at the same time and put the steering wheel straight again to counter the "snapback" when the wheels are getting grip again.
This is the only time you actually really have any force feedback at the wheel. The rest is keeping it balanced with the throttle and very little steering inputs!

I hope that helps, here is a little video how that looks after 2-3 hours of training for me:

dude you're the man, i will definitely check that out. Would there be any chance my G27 would need a different LUT than yours?

RasmusP

Premium
dude you're the man, i will definitely check that out. Would there be any chance my G27 would need a different LUT than yours?
I can't know that for sure, but based on how many drivers here told me that there G25/27/29 were so much better with this LUT, I can't imagine that your G27 would be so much different.
The only differences there COULD be would be a slightly bigger or smaller deadzone at the center but that's not really needed for drifting.

I guess you just need the skidpad mod: DownloadAtRD
and then practice, practice, practice! Take the BMW M3 E30* Drift and slide and slide and slide :)
*edit

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 44 9.9%