F1 2013 Pit crews putting on worn tires instead of fresh ones.

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
In my race strategy it will be say: option, option, prime, option. I think great! I only used one set of option tires during qualifying (didn't get into Q3.) and think that out of the 5 sets they will certainly not give me my 1 worn set. And of course on my last stint they give me the worn tires. They've done this three times to where I now mid session save before diving into the pits just to ensure that if they do add the worn tires I can reload and switch say to primes to make sure that I get fresh tires. How can I make sure that they don't put on my worn tires as there is only an option to select which tire set to use for the starting tires after that its all chance.

In practice you can only use 1 set of each without using tyres for qualifying and the race. The rules will let you use more if you really wanted but you would loose the advantage of having a fresh set.
Ok, so let's get down to the answer no one's really said, how many sets can you use in practice? If I've read everything right, it's two of each, correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I'm almost certain that the AI's tyres don't wear in qualy, they run like 15-20 laps total on options it seems like.

Ok, so let's get down to the answer no one's really said, how many sets can you use in practice? If I've read everything right, it's two of each, correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I'm almost certain that the AI's tyres don't wear in qualy, they run like 15-20 laps total on options it seems like.

It's to go with tyre allocation in real life. At the start of the weekend the teams have 6 sets of primes and 5 sets of options. After practice 1 they have to give a set of primes back. Then at the end of p2 & 3 they give back a set of primes and options. So you start qualifying with 3 sets of each tyre. In the game though they grey out the tyres you cant use. And because we don't have P1 & 2 only P3. There is a set of options and 2 sets of primes you can never use! Makes sense once you know the rules of F1, but makes no sense why they don't just remove the tyres from the selection screen in the game. Cause some people that play the game might not be a huge F1 fan and know all the rules inside out, and the game never really explains it!

Anthony read the quote above yours it makes complete sense of the answer your looking for.:)

Ok season 2 50% race distance wet. Professional level. Red
Bull drive pole position. In the race set up screen suggested 3 pits using 4 wet tyres; as I knew I only had 3 I went for the 2 stop. Everyone else pitted on lap 8 and 9 by lap 10 my tyres were shot so came in and out by two more laps in 1st again. Now pitted lap 16 as I ripped the tyres getting p1 back. Again pitted at 24 now of course computer put a very used set of wets on. Lucky I saved before the final pit and repit with inters. As you'd imagine my times are now disgraceful. How did the ai manage to make 3 stops and use 4 sets wets

Last edited:
Ok season 2 50% race distance wet. Professional level. Red
Bull drive pole position. In the race set up screen suggested 3 pits using 4 wet tyres as I knew I only had 4 I went for the 2 stop. Everyone else pitted on lap 8 and 9 by lap 10 my tyres were shot so came in and out by two more laps in 1st again. Now pitted lap 16 as I ripped the tyres getting p1 back. Again pitted at 24 now of course computer put a very used set of wets on. Lucky I saved before the final pit and repit with inters. As you'd imagine my times are now disgraceful. How did the ai manage to make 3 stops and use 4 sets wets

Easy. Codies magic.

agreed, ended up fitting three sets of wets for ten laps each and inters for 3 2nd place

I think there are only supposed to be 3 sets of wet tyres for a race anyway....

EDIT - 25.2 Quantity of tyres during an Event :
b) Except under e) below, no driver may use more than four sets of intermediate tyres and
three sets of wet-weather tyres.
e) If either P1 or P2 are declared wet one additional set of intermediate tyres will be made
available to all drivers. Under such circumstances, one used set of intermediate tyres
must be returned to the tyre supplier before the start of P3.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back