Permanently removing AI cars from a mod

Hello everyone. Very late to the rFactor 2 party but so far I'm really loving it (aside from it being the most frustrating platform to make simple edits to.) Anyhow, can someone let me know how I would go about removing a car that came with a mod? For example, with the NR2019 mod, the 31 car of Tyler Reddick is no longer an active team and I would like him removed. However, everytime I think I have it figured out, BOOM there he is in the list again lol. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

RJ

I probably missing something usually do

Open MAS2 and create a new mod, add tracks and 2019 mod and before you pack it uncheck Tyler Reddick ( see Pic #1 ) then package and install run rF2 select the mod from list ( uncheck All Cars & Tracks )

So I counted 34 cars left, made a session with 33 AI and I picked Ty Dillon
I can't see Tyler Reddick no more ;)

This does not change the original mod

NASCAR 2019.jpg

NASCAR 2019 2.jpg

NASCAR 2019 3.jpg

P.S. You can then go and start a private server ( I call it online offline) then you can test all models in same conditions ie: without ever having to leave the garage :coffee:

Last edited:
Remember you don't run the original mod
Uncheck All Cars & Tracks and you will see the mod you made I called mine Nascar 2019 see Pic #1
I didn't check what car he drove before I made the mod ...doh
So here is all cars and no #31

NASCAR 2019 4.jpg

NASCAR 2019 5.jpg

NASCAR 2019 6.jpg

NASCAR 2019 7.jpg

I have the same question about the Corvette C8R, I only want to keep the 2 cars with factory skin, not the other fours.

You can do the same way as above, make a mod in Mas2 and uncheck all the skins from all models you don't want

Just make sure you run the right amount of AI in sessions ie: so if mod has 30 skins select 29AI and pick your car makes 30 skins. AI will not use your car

You can make as many mods as you wish they are only 5kb each

Also cut out any track layouts you don't want
Like if you make a GT3 mod and include Paul Ricard uncheck the GP layout

I also I would like to cars that I have been adding with customs made skins.

That is another thing entirely you have to make full mod and include the skins you want

Last edited:
Very good suggestion. I am going to try. However, I am totally unexperienced with MAS2. Where do I find it?

Sorry, make a shortcut for MAS2

[DRIVE]:\STEAM\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Support\Tools\MAS2_x64.exe

Also for Mod Manager

[DRIVE]:\STEAM\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin32\ModMgr.exe

TUTORIAL you can skip the Race Events section , make sure all content in left columns is unticked ...Mod should be 5KB no bigger

Last edited:
Hi Durge Driven. Very good information. I am going to try to make my own Mod with the cars I like.
Your feedback is excellent. Thank you.

Thanks

Tip

When you picking skins in Mas2 you only have the car # and driver name to go by

Open rF2 in smaller window then your screen so you can put it next to mas2 and mod manager

Then in All cars and tracks you can browse the skins for all cars to select the right car numbers

That is only half the equation

The real beauty of rF2 offline is testing say 23 GT3-GTE-PROTO
Easy make a mod in Mas2 and pick 1 skin for each model, select 22 AI and 1 for you

I can hear those cogs turning lol .....problem: you would have to reload a track 22 times. Besides losing lap times on each reload and we all know how slow a track reload can be :(

Read that thread you see by creating your own server for any mod you can swap cars in garage :confused:
saving 22 track reloads. As well each time you drive the same car the old lap times are there !
Then if you save that replay you can end up testing all cars , retain times, save track reloads

As well if you use good rubber and set to "static" you have same baseline no matter how long
you take to drive the 23 cars

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea