Resource icon

Apps PDash 1.5.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm getting some weird behaviour with my skin. The transparent areas aren't displaying correctly. Instead of transparency, they seem to be showing black at 50% opacity.(You can see it on the corners) I have all modules except gears turned off, but the gears aren't showing up.

If I enable a 2nd window and use one of the default skins alongside mine, it also inherits this behaviour. But I can use the default skins 1 & 2 on their own or together and they're fine.

Any idea what I could've done wrong?

244210_2015-12-14_00002.png

I remember to have encountered the same problem during the devel of my skins, it was something related to using a background image the same size of the window if I remember correctly, I had to reduce it by some pixels but now I don't remember clearly, if you attach it here I will do some test with your skin and let you know

In the screenshot I see my skin do not show any module, so this can also be a problem with your skin who stops python from continuing execution... You can check the console or the log files
  • In the documents directory, the subfolder of interest is /logs/. In this directory you will find both log.txt and py_log.txt.
  • To bring up the console, hit the Home key on your keyboard. Hit the key again to dismiss the console.

Last edited:
I managed to get it fixed. My custom charset was causing the issues in the ini for some reason. Not sure why. I ended up starting again with the default ini. It worked fine untill I pasted in the char section from the previous ini, then the same problems. I removed that and typed the char section out manually, and it works now.

Odd, perhaps some kind of formatting error that Word was doing when saving. But the transparency is working now and I can see the gear indicator.:)

If I'm working on a skin that only has numerals and no letters, can I set the line in the relevant CHARS subsection so it's just:

'chars = 0123456789 .%%/-+:'

or does it always require the letters as well?
And for any modules I'm not using, do they have to specifically be set to 'is_present = false' or can the section be removed from the ini entirely and the app ignores it?

Is there any way to reduce the number of dashes displayed by the delta time when it's inactive.
I'd like it to only show 3 dashes to match the number of active characters, so I can align it further to the right from my lap number.
sli.jpg

Wow, your skin look beautiful...
No, the number of dashes when empty it's hard coded at the moment, but I can insert a param to let it change... it's a little change, so maybe I will release it this evening or tomorrow...

Is the layer order of the modules set in a specific order? I'm working on a skin where the gears are over part of the rev bar, but the gears are being hidden behind it.

Heya. The " skin_devel " folder, from the download, goes into what folder? The other 2 folders are pretty simple to figure where they should go, but not this one. Sorry about the noob question but i'm new to Asseto Corsa. Thanks in advance for any help.

You can store that anywhere you want, it's some photoshop psd files to give examples of how to create skins. If you're not going to make any of your own, you can just delete that folder.

Pandar, would it be possible to add a text alignment to the app?
I've made an example to explain.

If you see here the text is centred on the 'speed' text, but when the speed goes into triple digits, we get an offset to the right.

txt1.jpg

If the co-ords are set so the text is centred aligned when in 3 digits, we get an offset in the other direction when there's only 2 digits.

txt2.jpg

And of course a single digit would also have issues either way.

If we could specify the co-ords of the centre point, and then perhaps an extra line something like align=left/right/centre to make the text automatically adjust to stay centred on the co-ords.
That would give us this:

txt3.jpg

Thank you for awesome app. I make my own skins with different fonts, and I noticed the problem. "[BESTLAP] dotkern = 0.5" change to another value than the default 0.5, does not work in the first lap. It begins to act only in the second lap.

Testing like this and see what happens:
PDash 154
PDash/skins/default1/config.ini

[LAPTIME]
dotkern = 0.5
change it
dotkern = 0.41
1. lap it work ok.

[LASTLAP]
dotkern = 0.5
change it
dotkern = 0.41
1. lap it work ok.

[BESTLAP]
dotkern = 0.5
change it
dotkern = 0.41
1. lap it not work, it is default 0.5
2. lap it work ok, it is 0.41

Last edited:
In my previous message I asked for help with the problem, but I made a new version of that display using the default "dotkern 0.5" and this is no longer a problem.

But now came forward a new problem and I would be grateful if I could get a solution.

After the default time display is in the form of:

[LASTLAP]
format_string_mm = {0:2.0f}
format_string_ss = {0:02.0f}
format_string_ms = {0:03.0f}

The display example of the time on the short track:
1:24.567

But when you slow the car to drive long track, such as the Nordschleife, so can become more than 10 minutes more time in this example:
1:24.567 -> +10 minutes
11:24.567

Display character a changed place with the addition of one more number to prove for 10 minutes and the characters ":" & "." move one step to the right. Because I like that the characters ":" & "." do not change the position moves to the right so I put a display format:

[LASTLAP]
format_string_mm = {0:02.0f}
format_string_ss = {0:02.0f}
format_string_ms = {0:03.0f}

The display example of the time on the short track:
01:24.567

But now the problem is the fact that in the first round when the time has not yet become so "Lastlap" and "Bestlap" displays the entries is empty signs dashes style:
-:--.---
And after the first time it appears the Lastlap time, for example, will be:
01:23.456
And those ":" & "." characters move one step to the right. How I would get the blank screen added to the left side of one dashes?
I mean in this way:
--:--.---

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back