1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Patches 1 & 2 Announced

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Graham Laing, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Source : http://community.codemasters.com/t5/F1-2012-Technical-Assistance/Patch-News/m-p/91862#U91862

I highlighted in bold text, the fact that the autosave bug is meant to be addressed in the 2nd patch later in the week
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Finally! No more waiting for stupid consoles verification process:thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Great :cool: . Ditching GFWL for Steam was the best thing they could have done, and the speedy delivery of new patches proves it.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Word of warning ..... backup your mods if you have Steam set up to keeps the game up to date automatically.

Steam will probably verify the game files during the patching process and replace the original files with new copies ..... :thumbsup:
  5. I have started a career should i stop it?
    Heading for China..don't want to start it and then after patch have to restart.
    Cheers :thumbsup:
  6. I hope one of the patches fix the engine blowing up bug
  7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Who knows? But the patch is to fix the game, not destroy your career, so you should be safe.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gnu... Thank You will go to Steam immediately
    Cheers Mate
  9. Thanks Gnu for the info. Already patched it and had a look at the files that were patched.
    The flow.bin was one of them, I hope this does not end in conflict with any mods as it did in last years game. Stupidly I did not backup it before...
  10. Finally! That's why I love steam more than GFWL :) We need a patch - we have a patch, FAST! :D
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Did your mods (cars, helmets etc.) survive? ;)
  12. Hoping we will get Patch #2 before next Wednesday
    I can keep the Hands in My game with No Auto save problem(Hoping CM to fix it Completely instead of Work arounds) as i will get it by Next Wednesday only
  13. Updated :thumbsup:
    Everything is working fine...NO PROBLEMS Whatsoever
    Thanks Again for the NEWS.
  14. Is there a way of identifying what version is installed? - I did get a steam update earlier but that seemed more like a client update.
  15. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Funny enough, I haven't checked the helmet yet.

However, I didn't follow my own advice, in the heat of the moment earlier when I got the save bug for the 4th time. I quickly changed to the default actionmap for my controller (because I have remapped some keys and added 'look to apex' directly in the file. I rename my file, and got the bug sorted out, then used my file again. A quick game test and when I closed the game, Steam said 'Game updated', that's when I opened this thread.

I thought 'oh bugger I will have lost my edited actionmap' .... but no, it's still there, phew! :)

..... ooh, I just checked the helmet files, and the file dates look good too.
  16. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Well I checked the f1 2012 exe file. It says that the date modified was today @ 17:30

There is also game updater history available when right clicking in Steam. It's also in the news section when you click on the game in Steam
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks. I did check the file details but only took notice of the version number which still says 1.000. The modify date is today though so I guess that must be it.

18. I just updated the game and when I start it again, it says: The profile save is corrupt
  19. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Remember this 1st patch does not fix the autosave bug.

Your profile could have already been corrupted from the last time you saved the game, pre-patch.

It does seem that actual corruption is generally rare, it's mostly that the game just stops saving either manually or by auto.
  20. I think I am just going to re-install after the savegame patch is released.

No use to try and figure out - if indeed the save goes bust before that - whether I had to restart or not.

Casual races here I come!