F1 2012 PC Patches 1 & 2 Announced

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
26-09-2012 02:28 PM
Further to your feedback, we’re pleased to inform you of the following with regards to patch updates for F1 2012.

Since Steam allows us to apply updates/patches very quickly, within the next day or so we’ll be releasing a patch for the PC version of the game that addresses the following issues:

• Drivers should no longer have collisions with “invisible walls”
  • Fixed the desynchronised session of results which could occasionally lead to race result errors
  • Closed a small loophole which allowed erroneous times to posted to RaceNet
  • General RaceNet data upload stability improvements
This will be followed later this week by a further patch for PC which will address a large number of issues including the auto-save bug that are being tested and verified now. Details of these fixes will follow once this testing phase has been completed.

This same patch is also being tested and verified for both Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game, however since these versions require additional submission and authorisation from both Microsoft and Sony the release date for these will follow a little later than the PC version.

In the meantime, please note that we are still collecting feedback via our Technical Assistance forums and do encourage you to post your issues there being sure to include as much information as possible.

Thanks for your continued feedback!

Source : http://community.codemasters.com/t5/F1-2012-Technical-Assistance/Patch-News/m-p/91862#U91862

I highlighted in bold text, the fact that the autosave bug is meant to be addressed in the 2nd patch later in the week

Word of warning ..... backup your mods if you have Steam set up to keeps the game up to date automatically.

Steam will probably verify the game files during the patching process and replace the original files with new copies ..... :thumbsup:

Thanks Gnu for the info. Already patched it and had a look at the files that were patched.
The flow.bin was one of them, I hope this does not end in conflict with any mods as it did in last years game. Stupidly I did not backup it before...

Did your mods (cars, helmets etc.) survive? ;)

Funny enough, I haven't checked the helmet yet.

However, I didn't follow my own advice, in the heat of the moment earlier when I got the save bug for the 4th time. I quickly changed to the default actionmap for my controller (because I have remapped some keys and added 'look to apex' directly in the file. I rename my file, and got the bug sorted out, then used my file again. A quick game test and when I closed the game, Steam said 'Game updated', that's when I opened this thread.

I thought 'oh bugger I will have lost my edited actionmap' .... but no, it's still there, phew! :)

..... ooh, I just checked the helmet files, and the file dates look good too.

Is there a way of identifying what version is installed? - I did get a steam update earlier but that seemed more like a client update.

Well I checked the f1 2012 exe file. It says that the date modified was today @ 17:30

There is also game updater history available when right clicking in Steam. It's also in the news section when you click on the game in Steam

Well I checked the f1 2012 exe file. It says that the date modified was today @ 17:30

There is also game updater history available when right clicking in Steam. I also in the news section when you click on the game in Steam

Thanks. I did check the file details but only took notice of the version number which still says 1.000. The modify date is today though so I guess that must be it.

cheers
joe

Remember this 1st patch does not fix the autosave bug.

Your profile could have already been corrupted from the last time you saved the game, pre-patch.

It does seem that actual corruption is generally rare, it's mostly that the game just stops saving either manually or by auto.

I think I am just going to re-install after the savegame patch is released.

No use to try and figure out - if indeed the save goes bust before that - whether I had to restart or not.

Casual races here I come!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back