F1 2012 PC Patches 1 & 2 Announced

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
26-09-2012 02:28 PM
Further to your feedback, we’re pleased to inform you of the following with regards to patch updates for F1 2012.

Since Steam allows us to apply updates/patches very quickly, within the next day or so we’ll be releasing a patch for the PC version of the game that addresses the following issues:

• Drivers should no longer have collisions with “invisible walls”
  • Fixed the desynchronised session of results which could occasionally lead to race result errors
  • Closed a small loophole which allowed erroneous times to posted to RaceNet
  • General RaceNet data upload stability improvements
This will be followed later this week by a further patch for PC which will address a large number of issues including the auto-save bug that are being tested and verified now. Details of these fixes will follow once this testing phase has been completed.

This same patch is also being tested and verified for both Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game, however since these versions require additional submission and authorisation from both Microsoft and Sony the release date for these will follow a little later than the PC version.

In the meantime, please note that we are still collecting feedback via our Technical Assistance forums and do encourage you to post your issues there being sure to include as much information as possible.

Thanks for your continued feedback!

Source : http://community.codemasters.com/t5/F1-2012-Technical-Assistance/Patch-News/m-p/91862#U91862

I highlighted in bold text, the fact that the autosave bug is meant to be addressed in the 2nd patch later in the week

I fixed it and got it running again for the 4th time a few hours ago. I just went to do that Racenet TT event @ Monaco in the wet ...... and guess what?

"Hello ..... my name is No.5, sorry to bug you again, but hey ho, c'est la vie" :(

EDIT: Haha .... this time their temp fix worked. This is like playing Bingo, a game of chance ........

I fixed it and got it running again for the 4th time a few hours ago. I just went to do that Racenet TT event @ Monaco in the wet ...... and guess what?

"Hello ..... my name is No.5, sorry to bug you again, but hey ho, c'est la vie" :(

EDIT: Haha .... this time their temp fix worked. This is like playing Bingo, a game of chance ........

Yeah, I really hope the patch fixes it, otherwise it's return time for the game.

I would love to read that they are fixing the setup bug that affects Q2/Q3 if you exit the game, and most of all, the save game. It happened today after a 100% racing, and if that wasn't bad enough, i did the same race again (but 50% this time) and then...bug again, no save.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%