PC2 PC 2 Physics

Please i have watched some youtube videos , graphics are impresive (betther than PC: amazing work), BUT the real question is HOW ABOUT the physics??, and actually to which actual game it could be compared in term of physics?

Thank you guys.

Last I checked my copy of AC had a whole lot of race cars in it, modern ones and historic ones.
I guess what is meant is that you don't really have BoP'ed classes to race against.
Like gt4 only two cars, GT1 also.
Of course you have a lot of race cars but I'm currently trying to set up an event for the Nordschleife and it's so hard to find cars to race with each others :(

I guess what is meant is that you don't really have BoP'ed classes to race against.
Like gt4 only two cars, GT1 also.
Of course you have a lot of race cars but I'm currently trying to set up an event for the Nordschleife and it's so hard to find cars to race with each others :(

Yeah, agree with all of that for sure. I just hate the argument that because there's some road cars in there the game is suddenly useless or ruined. rF2, AMS, PCars 1 and PCars 2 all have road cars in them so the whole argument is quite pointless and tired IMO.

Of course it's not. It's a *game*, which is why it's available on PS4 and XBOX. They're all games: F1 2017, Assetto Corsa, RRE, iRacing, RF2, PCars2, etc. You want a 100% simulator: go to a Formula 1 team and ask them to drive their simulator. They'll say no, of course, but that is your best shot at 100% simulation. And even then, it's just not the same as real driving. People who say "it's not a simulator" when describing a game always make me wonder why they think there is a relation between driving a racecar and playing on a computer... ;)

Its because there clearly is a relation between driving a racing car and playing on a computer, same way they teach pilots on flight sims.
Its not hard to drive a car, clearly as they were deigned by humans for humans and billions do it everyday, yes people crash and die but people also manage to die falling down the stairs and falling off ladders!
The idea that a person using a wheel and pedals and even gear stick whilst they follow a track visually on a screen and use the same "turn wheel left to go left etc....press left pedal to stop right to speed up etc.." isn't in anyway doing a something simulating driving is laughable frankly!! Even more so on a forum dedicated to it!
"but but...You don't get g forces, fear of death yadda yadda yadda..." so what?
If anything its far harder to drive using plastic wheels and brakes with no proper dampening. First time i drove a racing car i was amazed at how fantastic the brakes were and how it just wanted to grip grip grip!!
Believe me we are not a million miles away....

the Drivingitalia review it's clear about the physics: it's fun, but it's not a 100% simulator

Now, I used Google Translate so it may not be exactly what they said... However, the translation says they don't call it a 100% sim because of the FFB (i.e. they expect the cars to feel a certain way, and they don't get that feeling).

I'm not going to knock them as everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, I will say if you are judging if something is a sim or not based on FFB, then you have no idea what it's like to drive a real car on a race track...

Now, I used Google Translate so it may not be exactly what they said... However, the translation says they don't call it a 100% sim because of the FFB (i.e. they expect the cars to feel a certain way, and they don't get that feeling).

I'm not going to knock them as everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, I will say if you are judging if something is a sim or not based on FFB, then you have no idea what it's like to drive a real car on a race track...
Because everything is way off anyway?

ffb per car is something that can be changed with time with feedback to the dev's and a real minor issue if we take time to find these cars that are lacking in ffb and let the dev's know they need some work :)

day one patch if it happens could resolve the lack of ffb on some cars that those with review/press copies have commented on.

No mater what sim we race and no mater what platform we chose as long as we do our part to make that sim great that is all that really maters. If we all say the same thing and the dev's do nothing then that paints its own picture and something for another discussion.

Its because there clearly is a relation between driving a racing car and playing on a computer, same way they teach pilots on flight sims.
Its not hard to drive a car, clearly as they were deigned by humans for humans and billions do it everyday, yes people crash and die but people also manage to die falling down the stairs and falling off ladders!
The idea that a person using a wheel and pedals and even gear stick whilst they follow a track visually on a screen and use the same "turn wheel left to go left etc....press left pedal to stop right to speed up etc.." isn't in anyway doing a something simulating driving is laughable frankly!! Even more so on a forum dedicated to it!
"but but...You don't get g forces, fear of death yadda yadda yadda..." so what?
If anything its far harder to drive using plastic wheels and brakes with no proper dampening. First time i drove a racing car i was amazed at how fantastic the brakes were and how it just wanted to grip grip grip!!
Believe me we are not a million miles away....

Yes, but there is a big difference between a flight sim on a PC and a real professional flight simulator.

I agree with you that some games give us a good idea of what it's like to drive a race car and playing racing games has given me a better understanding of what goes on during a real race. But the argument that a game, any game, can be a "100% simulation" of the real deal is just flawed. It can't be 100%.

Your on fire today dude:thumbsup:

Must have got too close to the IndyCar exhaust flames during Jimmy B's stream last night...:confused:

FullSizeR.jpg

"]For me i find any road cars I simply don't use them so that lost on me and i feel AC has too many road car for my personal tastes.
Same here: AC is a good game but I don't play it too often because I'm not crazy about their car selection. I want race cars, not road cars.

I have: AC, AMS, R3E, RF2, PCars, iRacing. I have PCars2 on pre-order and as soon as I get home today I will download it eagerly.

What I have found is that each and every one of them has its good points and bad points:

PC: Cars drive as if they have glass tires and their pivot point is wrong. The last nine months I have only played it to participate in a league.

AC: Great physics but the steering feels dead. Great racing content. Online experience is iffy at best as the servers offer up the same track and cars every day. Participation is sorely lacking.

AMS: Great physics, cars and tracks...When I can get the damn thing to work without crapping out on me. Online sucks as there are very few populated servers.

R3E: IMO the best sim I own. Cars and tracks are fantastic but I would like them to add more American tracks. Not a biggie or deal killer though. Problem is finding a well populated server to run in, I do like to hot-lap but I would rather race in anger.

RF2: Good sim, very similar in looks and feel to AMS. I like the content very much but it is very hard to find a server to race in without having to dl a bunch of stuff. FFB is wonky until you take the time to fine-tune.

iRacing: This is the sim I find myself using the most these days. I hate the pay-to-play. A lot. Yet, it is the sim that offers races or populated practice servers any time I want. Server rental is cheap and the endurance experience is amazing, (not the lack of time change but the fact that I am racing in an actual 24 hour event against a full field). This sim, though, seems to be populated by people that have forgotten that race cars tend to bang each other on occasion, that a faster car does not always get the right of way, and that having a higher rating does not mean you are the better driver, you have just played the game longer.

TLDR: One can argue virtues and vices of any of the sims that are out there today, most of it is subjective.

Personally, despite the vices, I like em all.

I have: AC, AMS, R3E, RF2, PCars, iRacing. I have PCars2 on pre-order and as soon as I get home today I will download it eagerly.

AC: Great physics but the steering feels dead. Great racing content. Online experience is iffy at best as the servers offer up the same track and cars every day. Participation is sorely lacking.
R3E: IMO the best sim I own. Cars and tracks are fantastic but I would like them to add more American tracks. Not a biggie or deal killer though. Problem is finding a well populated server to run in, I do like to hot-lap but I would rather race in anger.

I agree with you about R3E: so far, it is my favorite. I just love their car selection (my #1 criteria when it comes to choosing a game) and they have a very good track selection as well (my #2 criteria). I love the fact that they offer tracks that are not available elsewhere, DTM, WTCC, etc. Not too crazy about their open wheel cars, for some reason, they just feel... strange to me. Also, the liveries of the cars are bit too bland for my taste, but that's a minor point, really. All in all, it's the game I play the most. Can't wait to drive P Cars 2, though...

I think the beef people have with R3e is the costs, it can be quite expensive, and you get very little free content in terms of tracks.

But as a model it must work as it has been going for a while. I think actually it is the best balance between sim and arcade of the lot.

AC can be quite intimidating initially as if you use H pattern you have to right foot brake or heel and toe to do it properly. The handling is fairly realistic I think, at least more so than R3E, but perhaps a shade too close to simulation for it to appeal to the mass market. Why on earth they console released it I don't know, as there really is not enough content, no career really etc.

I think by the look of it PCARS2 is getting close to R3E in terms of style, rather than AC and RF2 or Iracing.

Let's be honest here, I think all of us would never play much else other than Iracing if we could justify the expense. It is the best out there

Yesterday i unplugged my TX from the PC and stuck it back into my xbox and fired it up, i'd put 600 odd hours into PCars on xbox and it really did start me fully down this path to sim racing as actual hobby and stopping track days etc.
So then i found myself with a PC with more sim titles at my disposal.
Going back to Pcars 1 on xbox it still holds up pretty well but now looks less crisp compared to even RF2.
I'd just about got the FFB set right for some cars and it felt alright but really once you have played RF2 and RRE its just not good enough. I had PCars 1 on PC but felt it was pointless really so refunded it as aside from graphics it felt same as version on my xbox.

So yeah honestly, for me now i have access to RF2 etc i don't really see the point in PCars 2 and its still got similar issues as the first one, most likely i'll pick it up in a sale or out of curiosity get on steam and play and decide if i should refund it back.
Having played RRE after PCars 1 i found myself thinking why bother? RRE ticks so many boxes now and any it doesn't i stick on RF2 drive the USF2000 and realise that right there is about the best car in sim land right now for feel.
I can accept a game that costs £11.99 like RF2 to have hit and miss cars, but to hear things like PCars 2 having some terrible cars but a few worth driving " from GAMER MUSCLE from a game that the first one made millions is a bit of a kicker for me.
Nope i'm out.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea