PC2 PC 2 Physics

Please i have watched some youtube videos , graphics are impresive (betther than PC: amazing work), BUT the real question is HOW ABOUT the physics??, and actually to which actual game it could be compared in term of physics?

Thank you guys.

I'm just repeating what Ian Bell said, he admitted it's a flaw in their engine and since they didn't rebuild the engine from scratch it's still there and they can't get rid of it but they have improved it. I'm watching Jimmy Broadbent and GamerMuscle stream an online session right now and they're both very pleased with it and say it's massively improved over the first one. They're on PC of course, Digital Foundary said it runs well on PS4 (better on Pro), XBox still suffers a bit but both are a big improvement over PCars 1.
Don't they use something like a 1080 or 1080 Ti though?

I'm just repeating what Ian Bell said, he admitted it's a flaw in their engine and since they didn't rebuild the engine from scratch it's still there and they can't get rid of it but they have improved it. I'm watching Jimmy Broadbent and GamerMuscle stream an online session right now and they're both very pleased with it and say it's massively improved over the first one. They're on PC of course, Digital Foundary said it runs well on PS4 (better on Pro), XBox still suffers a bit but both are a big improvement over PCars 1.

Yeah its a shame really as its clear they have done the normal industry trick of selling back the same game but with few tweeks and new features. These same issues were present right back to Shift 2. Its cool RF2 flickers like hell, just wish the honestly didn't get swallowed up in all the hype.
I can't see much point in getting PCars 2 right now as i can still get plenty from PCars 1 although i play raceroom and RF2 the most out of any of the sims.
rf2 is awful in places but so far its only cost me £15 and that was worth it for the USF2000.

Is Assetto Corsa the 100% simulator?
AC is lacking a lot in certain places and things but for me the feel of turning the steering wheel, that's a 100%, yes.
It's the only game where I'm gonna say "okay, that feels exactly like all real cars I've ever driven".
Doesn't make it the best of the games out there and for sure I don't wanna sound like a fanboy, but for me that's the Benchmark for future games regarding steering wheel feel while turning.

R3E gives more details about weight shifts etc. and better Sound, AMS has nice Track details and gives the most immersion for me because the FFB is just more alive, rFactor offers a lot feature wise.
Project Cars offers a lot too but it doesn't excels anyone of the others. Not even graphics with this flicker all over the place...

But I will buy PCars2 to get my own picture of it. I love the refund function! :)

AC is lacking a lot in certain places and things but for me the feel of turning the steering wheel, that's a 100%, yes.
It's the only game where I'm gonna say "okay, that feels exactly like all real cars I've ever driven".
Doesn't make it the best of the games out there and for sure I don't wanna sound like a fanboy, but for me that's the Benchmark for future games regarding steering wheel feel while turning.

R3E gives more details about weight shifts etc. and better Sound, AMS has nice Track details and gives the most immersion for me, rFactor offers a lot feature wise.
Project Cars offers a lot too but it doesn't excels anyone of the others. Not even graphics with this flicker all over the place...

But I will buy PCars2 to get my own picture of it. I love the refund function! :)
I've been playing R3E and rF2 recently, but I must have between 500 and 1000 hours in AC. It just didn't do it for me. Too static, too subdued, a bit bland, a bit stiff and understeery. It's still the one I'd recommend to newcomers.

PC2 has great content and proper multiclass, I hope I'll love it. 12 hours to go.

I tend to agree, but like @Chobonator said it's so static, subdued, and bland that for me it lacks in the fun department. It's served me well for three years but my enthusiasm for it has greatly waned lately. I'd gladly take a 90% simulator with the fun factor cranked to 11, a boatload of official tracks and cars and more options than you can shake a stick at. Not that I'd ever abandon AC, for taking street cars on a cruise down a twisty mountain road there's nothing better, but I may be getting my racing fix elsewhere for a while.

Absolutely agree!
I like ac for the moment because I'm often quite exhausted before the races even start and I like the more static immersion.
When I want a total blast I go with AMS :)

I hope pcars 2 is at least a bit better to handle so it can shine although it may be not that "good" physics wise!

I tend to agree, but like @Chobonator said it's so static, subdued, and bland that for me it lacks in the fun department. It's served me well for three years but my enthusiasm for it has greatly waned lately. I'd gladly take a 90% simulator with the fun factor cranked to 11, a boatload of official tracks and cars and more options than you can shake a stick at. Not that I'd ever abandon AC, for taking street cars on a cruise down a twisty mountain road there's nothing better, but I may be getting my racing fix elsewhere for a while.
Triple 1080p in PC2 with a 1070?

I'm looking at 1080p Ultrawide/75 Hz with an RX 580 and I'm worried.

I think the content is where AC lacks.

As a reference if AC had the same tracks and content as PCARS 2 there would be literally no contest.

That is a fact surely we can all agree on?
well it would be still lacking hell lot of features ... but if it has all the features, start to simulate things that doesn`t simulate than for most people there wouldn`t be no contest :)

I think the content is where AC lacks.

As a reference if AC had the same tracks and content as PCARS 2 there would be literally no contest.

That is a fact surely we can all agree on?

I would not agree on that, it's the features and options that really stand out to me over the content. I would agree with the opposite though, keep AC's content the same (ok, throw in a few more tracks please) and add all of PC2's options and features and then AC would come out on top, no contest.

It also comes down to what people prefer to simulate, if people love FWD touring car racing like me then RRE is the best pout there IMO for conveying FWD touring cars feel plus it has a complete WTCC package spanning years.
For me i find any road cars I simply don't use them so that lost on me and i feel AC has too many road car for my personal tastes.
I tend to end up owning them all but you can then see via steam which one is your favorite. What i'll never do i try to convince someone is wrong with what they chose to play the most, its about your personal journey and your enjoyment t the end of the day, if i do get PCars 2 and spend a much time with it as PCars 1 then frankly i don't care about any issues it has or if its not a perfect representation of driving a racing car.
All i ask of a driving game is feeling of wheel getting stronger as i corner and once track / tyres are warm the feeling that i can lean on the rubber and the aero and feel it doing its job....if the car simply loses all traction at 30-70 mph mid corner then frankly its wrong, hence why i left Forza behind long ago..

the Drivingitalia review it's clear about the physics: it's fun, but it's not a 100% simulator
Of course it's not. It's a *game*, which is why it's available on PS4 and XBOX. They're all games: F1 2017, Assetto Corsa, RRE, iRacing, RF2, PCars2, etc. You want a 100% simulator: go to a Formula 1 team and ask them to drive their simulator. They'll say no, of course, but that is your best shot at 100% simulation. And even then, it's just not the same as real driving. People who say "it's not a simulator" when describing a game always make me wonder why they think there is a relation between driving a racecar and playing on a computer... ;)

"]For me i find any road cars I simply don't use them so that lost on me and i feel AC has too many road car for my personal tastes.
Same here: AC is a good game but I don't play it too often because I'm not crazy about their car selection. I want race cars, not road cars.[/QUOTE]

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%