PC2 PC 2 Physics

Please i have watched some youtube videos , graphics are impresive (betther than PC: amazing work), BUT the real question is HOW ABOUT the physics??, and actually to which actual game it could be compared in term of physics?

Thank you guys.

wow i hope many or all the cars give that feeling that he is describing!!

i guess that is what are they doing in those 3 months till release ...and probably next few months after release ;)

Yes, they have been going through all of the vehicles the past few weeks doing their polishing. People wonder why they wait until the end but it's because of tire and other physics changes. As they make changes in those areas, it can affect the cars in different ways (i.e. changes to road tires effect road cars differently than the changes to the slicks and say GT3 cars). Usually one or two cars per class will get constant updates for testing but it's too much time to update every car for every change when changes are happening daily. Once the various tires and other physics changes are in a final state, they can then go through all the cars and make sure everything is adjusted.

I watched this video of the pcars 2 press build being played in VR vs the AI today. I thought it looked a lot like pcars without much real improvement. I've already preordered on PC on Steam so I'm hoping the improvement before launch is real and not just marketing bluff.

pcars2 Nurburgring GP GT3 pile up in the first corner at 100% AI

I was intrigued enough to go back and play out the same scenario in pcars to see if what I remembered was true. I tried the scenario a few times and the result was consistent, the pcars AI are actually better at getting around turn 1 but way too aggressive and wildly abuse track limits in the next few corners. I also noticed that when the cars transition from grip to slip the same steering inputs are required, it all looks familiar to me.

pcars Nurburgring GP GT3 first lap behaviour at 100% AI ability

After that I ran the scenario, same cars, same starting postion, same VR, 100% AI and 100% aggression in Assetto Corsa - a game that for me wows and frustrates in equal measure. The latest AI in AC are on a different level, they race cleanly and competitively and it feels like racing similarly skilled humans (before this sounds too gushing there are many issues like static tracks, weather, daytime which pcars does better of course). Sticking with the AI alone, pcars 2 will need a lot of polishing before it gets anywhere close to this level of AI based on the videos so far.

Assetto Corsa Nurburgring GP GT3 fast, competitive and fair AI.

I'm in on day one whatever to try the game for myself but I hope there really are some significant improvements to pcars 2 AI and handling for all cars, not just the cherry picked few, by launch day.

I doubt that Pcars 2, AC, RRE and rF2 use an identical scale in their programming in determining how the ai should behave using a certain percentage of aggression or strength so it would be difficult to make equal comparisons with settings between sims!

Last edited:
Initial impression from a couple of people I trust pretty well is not that great. OK press version, OK, lickers are gonna say it's massively different now. But the core of the original was bad and those that knew that, knew it wouldn't change much, and it stayed bad, just very well dressed.

So, sounds very similar to what I think most of us were expecting. Interestingly the guys I watched said graphically it did not blow them away like the first one. That might be a real downer for them as that sold the game more than anything else first time.

Note, I call it the game, not the new game, as I don't really think this is a new game. not from scratch.

He summed it perfectly, if you liked Dirt rally you wont like Dirt 4, and if you didn't like PCARS, you won't like this.

nice, goodbye.

OK, lickers are gonna say it's massively different now. But the core of the original was bad and those that knew that, knew it wouldn't change much, and it stayed bad, just very well dressed.

@Rob Every - Sorry but I just really hate this type of condescending crap where a subjective opinion is wrapped in an insult and then stated as fact. So to me it feels like a huge improve over pC1 to drive due to the way the cars handle with the new tire model ... so I am a 'licker' as you put it ? What a load of effin' tripe ! :poop: And making it worse is your opinion of pC2 is based on second hand opinion of some other person, wow.

It's good to discuss rationally the pros & cons but at some stage ya gotta get fed up at the propagation of this sort of nonsense which adds nothing but only insults & infuriates people.:thumbsdown:

@Rob Every - Sorry but I just really hate this type of condescending crap where a subjective opinion is wrapped in an insult and then stated as fact. So to me it feels like a huge improve over pC1 to drive due to the way the cars handle with the new tire model ... so I am a 'licker' as you put it ? What a load of effin' tripe ! :poop: And making it worse is your opinion of pC2 is based on second hand opinion of some other person, wow.

It's good to discuss rationally the pros & cons but at some stage ya gotta get fed up at the propagation of this sort of nonsense which adds nothing but only insults & infuriates people.:thumbsdown:

He constantly comes across as someone that very insecure. He so wants they identity as a hardcore sim racer he has to belittle anyone that he feels is beneath him because they play a different game.

Last edited:
The elusive "proper sim" in our niche market sim racing (pretend racing car driver) world has never truly been found. The criteria of what feels best or 'real' varies wildly due to experience and subjective opinions, none are all right same as none are all wrong. Meanwhile it is within our reach to enjoy the best of current technology and sims like pC2 are definitely at the cutting edge, pushing the boundaries.

It also helps to have good equipment to create the illusion of being there. Up to date PC, driving rig and wheel, pedals, motion if you can manage it along with your choice of Triples, VR or whatever all contribute to the feeling of immersion that gives you the desired feeling of simulated racing in your own home. The next something better will always be around the corner at some stage.

Properly balancing and tuning 180 cars naturally takes time but it helps enormously when you have a solid handling and tire model as the basis, I do not agree it takes forever, they are not reinventing the wheel after all but mostly enhancing and tweaking a framework already laid down and you cannot under estimate the incredibly good data from manufacturers that studios like SMS have access to these days.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.