PC2 PC 2 Physics

Please i have watched some youtube videos , graphics are impresive (betther than PC: amazing work), BUT the real question is HOW ABOUT the physics??, and actually to which actual game it could be compared in term of physics?

Thank you guys.

Lol

Same as lickers who will always say something good to counteract anything bad that is said. It is exactly the same thing. So if I am a troll, then you two might be too!

My opinion here is based on a few reviews of a press version of the game, from reviewers who play and love the same games as me, such as AC, RF, RF2, Iracing Dirt Rally.

So, for my style of play, these sort of people are the sort of people I am going to listen to an opinion of.

They are not haters, quite the opposite, they are normal folk like you and me who love sim gaming and happen to be trying to make a few quid out of it by taking the time to stream or upload reviews. They same the same things as me about how good or bad aspects of sims are. They want as many good games as possible to make their content better, and why would anyone want to hate a game?

So I value their opinions. And their opinions is that PCARS 2 is nothing new and nothing special. And startlingly the version they played did not even look that special.

What, if anything is wrong with coming on here and saying that?

Good video here by GamerMuscle to add to the debate - no threat to the sim religions as he puts it. Pretty much as I expected from what I've seen so far. To me pcars was, once patched, a good race weekend racing game. pcars2 looks like more of the same with better car handling and hopefully fewer bugs. pcars2 and Forza 7 could end up quite similar games, the features such as weather/dynamic time etc sound similar and if Forza have cracked decent steering FFB and pcars2 have improved playability and online stability they seem to occupy the popular space in the market.

Good video here by GamerMuscle to add to the debate - no threat to the sim religions as he puts it. Pretty much as I expected from what I've seen so far. To me pcars was, once patched, a good race weekend racing game. pcars2 looks like more of the same with better car handling and hopefully fewer bugs. pcars2 and Forza 7 could end up quite similar games, the features such as weather/dynamic time etc sound similar and if Forza have cracked decent steering FFB and pcars2 have improved playability and online stability they seem to occupy the popular space in the market.

Yeah it seems not an alternative to rf2, ams then , but for a joyful arcadish afternoon game it will be good.... a shame i was hoping more from PC2, another lie from the company.

Yeah it seems not an alternative to rf2, ams then , but for a joyful arcadish afternoon game it will be good.... a shame i was hoping more from PC2, another lie from the company.
dont know pretty much everybody who has negative opinion after playing that outdated press version and than tried Ford GT that is more representative of current state of car liked it ...
Question is not if it is arcade or like pC1, it is not ... question is if it will be consistent across all car/classes and how close to AMS or rF2 it will come, or better said how close to reality it will come .. even if it is on R3E level, or somewhere between R3E and AC it is something most simracers could be happy with .. just for all those features and options ...
If it sucks - no biggie, but if it is decent, there is no alternative on PC to that kind of game ..

I think PC2 is going to surprise a lot of people. Some it won't. Those will be the ones nitpicking little things like "Oh, the tire is sinking through the tarmac" but then ignore an entire video of AC with tires completely clipping through the bodywork.

Some people are just so against SMS that no matter what they deliver, they'll just poke holes in it and dismiss it. I would suggest those on the fence (using a PC), give it a try with Steam's 2 hour refund policy.

I think PC2 is going to surprise a lot of people. Some it won't. Those will be the ones nitpicking little things like "Oh, the tire is sinking through the tarmac" but then ignore an entire video of AC with tires completely clipping through the bodywork.

Some people are just so against SMS that no matter what they deliver, they'll just poke holes in it and dismiss it. I would suggest those on the fence (using a PC), give it a try with Steam's 2 hour refund policy.
i really want it to be a sim product (compared with the god ones 1.rf2,2.ams, 3 ac)...but the critics by now dont agree with that...still there is time...

lol so many "sim racers" are stuck up elitists

we're all just gamers, yes gamers so calling yourself a sim racer is trying to justify to yourself you play video games

and as far as games go pcars 1 was better in terms of "game" compared to stuff that has zero content like rf2 or assetto corsa, once you setup pcars ffb properly it felt pretty good actually, most of the hate is just ppl getting on the "its the cool thing to do cause others do it" train

lol so many "sim racers" are stuck up elitists

we're all just gamers, yes gamers so calling yourself a sim racer is trying to justify to yourself you play video games

and as far as games go pcars 1 was better in terms of "game" compared to stuff that has zero content like rf2 or assetto corsa, once you setup pcars ffb properly it felt pretty good actually, most of the hate is just ppl getting on the "its the cool thing to do cause others do it" train
well it comes down if you prefer car handeling or game features ... ideal would be to have both of course. AMS is close if you dont care about career mode and hopefully pC2 will deliver on physics side too as game parts looks more than solid (on paper) ..

• Deleted member 197115

This or Forza7. Forza has lots of features and tons of cars and tracks.
If realistic physics and FFB are not the main selling point, why go for the lesser "game" content?

Re: PC2 physics...
excerpt from recent interview with COO Rod Chang and Game Director Stephen Viljoen....

"...there is a legitimate criticism that can and has been levelled at Project CARS, and that was the handling over the limit. There, all developers are really in the land of the black arts, in a land that granny, and almost every daily driver, will never fully explore. Actual racing drivers also try to avoid going over the limit, so there’s not a lot of actual data on this from tyre manufacturers, and so on. For the first game, though, our over the limit model wasn’t “right”; the ability to catch the car and get it into a nice powerslide was somehow too “edgy”, and the controls didn’t help matters much given they worked best only after some tinkering and lacked the intuitive touch our fans expected. It could be made slideable with setup work, but out-of-the-box it was disappointing.

There are a few ways we could have tackled this. One was to do a shortcut; fudge it. You’d be surprised at how many “sims” do precisely that. But for us and our partners, that is not acceptable so instead, we sat down and asked the obvious question—who is able to intuitively understand what a car is doing over the limit? Our answer was Vaughn Gittin Jr., one of the world’s most respected drifters. Vaughn has been working alongside our development team for quite some time and his remit has been to take the cars and drive them like he drives them for real—over the limit, tail-out, until he was satisfied that our over-the-limit feel was accurate.

Vaughn, combined with a lot of tech' data we have been able to garner from our new partnership with Pirelli, has seen us make massive strides with this: we got this right for Project CARS 2. When our players now get into a big slide and hold it, it’s because they’re good enough to do that. That, for us, is what realism is about, for our drivers to know that their ability in-game isn’t fudged. That’s an important part of the Project CARS franchise and an important part of what makes our game so special."

more here....
https://www.trueachievements.com/n2...king-project-cars-2-with-slightly-mad-studios

we shall soon see (feel)....

Meh, sounds like corporate hype, i don't like this kind of language. I will wait and see the actual game. I don't like this french sounding guy, in all the videos that i ve seem him on he is just spinning stuff not saying anything, in the meantime making some gross claims based on technicalities. I hate these kind of people.

Meh, sounds like corporate hype, i don't like this kind of language. I will wait and see the actual game. I don't like this french sounding guy, in all the videos that i ve seem him on he is just spinning stuff not saying anything, in the meantime making some gross claims based on technicalities. I hate these kind of people.

Stephen and Rod are both lovely people. They are making claims based on how pCARS2 actually is, not technicalities and not 'gross'. Feel free to 'hate these kind of people' but know that we in the team have nothing but respect for them both.

Well I hope they get it right; RF2 right now whilst having no where near the content of the competition is really knocking simulation model to another level.

PCars 2 should be seen as an arcade racer for the console only and hope it's better that Gt Sport and FM7 but then unlike Steam you cannot get a refund on a disc like a digital copy a Pc user so it's really win win whatever for Sms

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%