F1 2012 Patch #3 for PC now available

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Patch #3 might have been released as Steam downloaded 70.5MB for F1 2012.

After patch #2, a check of the game_version.txt (\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012\game_version.txt) file showed: const char * version = "Master Universal.815819 25/09/2012 19:41 "; unsigned int versionNumber = 815819;

The same file now reads: const char * version = "Master Universal.818459 28/09/2012 12:50 "; unsigned int versionNumber = 818459;

The f1_2012.exe file has changed to v.1.2.0.0 from f1_2012.exe v.1.1.0.0

Cheers.

What does naffed up mean? That's not in English o.o

Anyways, why would you flashback when you want to take a screenshot when you can just open your replay and capture it without flashbacking? I don't see the logic. I mean, I don't use flashbacks so I don't know what exactly the bug is, but doesn't it appear when you use a flashback?

It has a lot to do with realism. Well, not a lot, but at least definitely a LOT more than previous 2 games. This can be called a Sim, considering that even NFS has titles called Simulators - this can even called a hardcore Sim. As for the last 2 games, yeah, they were.. Well.. Nothing.. They weren't a Sim for sure, they weren't too arcade either so.. I don't know.. But they're definitely more arcade than Sim so they can easily be called a Simulator.

Other than the tons of grip we're having in these games, what not-Sim like is in here? Bugs don't count for Sim/Arcade. Both types shouldn't have bugs, but there's no game without bugs anyway. Yes, this game seems to have a lot of them, but I can live with that. I mean, come on, do you really think it bothers me if I the game has a flashback bug or no? No, I don't use flashbacks. Do you really think it bothers me if the game gives me penalties? No, I'm never in such situations. The only thing that bothers me is the multiplayer connection which seems to have problems, but.. They have time to fix it.. :)

I don't understand why you've gone into a long rant with pointless referals to NFS and whether you get penalties or not, whether you use flashbacks or not.

I haven't mentioned the fact as to whether this is a sim or not, nor have I mentioned whether the prvious two titles were.

I only stated that the so called flashback bug wasn't present in the previous two titles.

All I was saying was the flashback situation, might be used for other reasons.....maybe you've dropped your controller, maybe you've knocked over a coffee, maybe you've dropped a cigarette in your lap....many reasons for a flashback.

If you don't use them, that's fine. Others might want to.

So for realism, I take it you sit at your desk, helmet, suit, boots and gloves and play the game this way.....just for realism of course.

I don't understand why you've gone into a long rant with pointless referals to NFS and whether you get penalties or not, whether you use flashbacks or not.

I haven't mentioned the fact as to whether this is a sim or not, nor have I mentioned whether the prvious two titles were.

I only stated that the so called flashback bug wasn't present in the previous two titles.

All I was saying was the flashback situation, might be used for other reasons.....maybe you've dropped your controller, maybe you've knocked over a coffee, maybe you've dropped a cigarette in your lap....many reasons for a flashback.

If you don't use them, that's fine. Others might want to.

So for realism, I take it you sit at your desk, helmet, suit, boots and gloves and play the game this way.....just for realism of course.

Hey, you said the game is not realistic at all. If you have to sit on your desk with a helmet, suit, boots (do you even know what F1 drivers wear o.o ) and gloves so you can like the realism OF THE GAME, that's pretty weird.

And yea, you are right, you can drop your controller or knock your coffee, cigarette (I wouldn't be doing that while driving tho), but anyways it is possible. And you are right that this bug wasn't in the previous games, but it is logical, isn't it? We couldn't blow our engines before this game. It was almost impossible to do it in 2011 Qualifying and it was fully impossible in a race. Now it is possible, probably flashbacks need to be adjusted a little. Yes, it's pretty obvious CM don't test their stuff and they should. But yea, they'll get it right in a few patches. What's the big deal? With such patches pace we'll get tons of bugs fixed in no time. :)

Don't know why you're all hating the game so much... And definitely playing it in the meantime...

I never said I hated the game anywhere?

Just checked back through what I have typed.......errrr nope not uttered the words at all.

In fact I actually quite like it.

• Deleted member 6919

Weather system needs to be fixed asap. Sunny while raining, flickering textures etc. This is a game breaking bug for me.

Sorry how is this a bug, your telling me you've never had it rain when the suns out??? dam that means you've never seen a rainbow then...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back