1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch #3 for PC now available

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Travis, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Patch #3 might have been released as Steam downloaded 70.5MB for F1 2012.

After patch #2, a check of the game_version.txt (\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012\game_version.txt) file showed: const char * version = "Master Universal.815819 25/09/2012 19:41 "; unsigned int versionNumber = 815819;

The same file now reads: const char * version = "Master Universal.818459 28/09/2012 12:50 "; unsigned int versionNumber = 818459;

The f1_2012.exe file has changed to v. from f1_2012.exe v.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yes
    steam just download update 70.5 mo

and f1 2012 is now
  3. Yup, got it too. :)

Too bad there's no changelogs in steam to go with it.
  4. I will test tomorrow

if you have an opinion to share ca be nice
  5. nice ! that was fast, I will probably try this tomorrow but I would like to know your opinion on the patch.
  6. Two files are updated in the singapore track and these appear to have improved the night lighting on the cars a little. I can see the colours now, as opposed to nearly black red bulls etc.
  7. nice !!
  8. database.bin has been updated and reset to stock. RDE's post-patch 2 schemaF12012.2.xml does work to modify and save the .bin files.
  9. Do any one have a List of Updated details for the game after this patch??
  10. Fark!!! Just got the new DB from patch 2 all modded up and away we go again!
  11. Shadow issue is gone.
  12. just testing the flashback blown
    still there?
  13. Pritch

Pritch Premium Member

need audio patch still, VoIP still on permanent
  14. Any information about weather bug?
  15. Today sees patch #3 available on Steam for PC versions of F1 2012.

This update addresses a number of issues, including:

• Fixed an issue with frame rates that was introduced in patch #2
    • Fixed an issue where using a flashback could result in an engine blowout effect. This would also result in the player doing an unnecessary pit stop if they were trying to serve a drive through penalty.
    • Fixed the achievement “The Equipment May Be The Same” to unlock in Career as per the description
    • Reduced the amount of starting fuel that the user is given for races Austin as it was previously too high
    • Fixed some issues in Co-op Qualifying when only one user progresses to the next session
    • Fixed a number of camera and graphical issues
    • Fixed several issues which would display the incorrect number of players in a lobby or a race
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Good patch , early tests look positive.

Singapore improved without doubt lighting wise and in general frames are back up again.

Good work.

17. Still the Engine Smoke Bug persists after using a Flash back in any mode
    This Needs to be fixed
  18. I don't have the smoking engine issue anymore
  19. I have used flashback a few times since patch 3 , no engine smoke as yet.

20. Well it came after some time after 4 corners if i remember correctly but i will check again