F1 2011 Patch #2 Update: November 9, 2011

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
taken from the codemasters forum.

"For those of you who have read the Patch Process thread , Step 1 & 2 have now been completed; many thanks to all of you who provided as much information as possible on the issues you have encountered. The patch has now been submitted to MS and Sony (Step 3) for their testing and approval prior to prepping it for release. Once the patch has passed submission we'll update the fix list with the finalised patch notes."

hope MS and Sony don't take too long.....

Your previously high hopes? You really ought to stop buying Codemasters games if you have so little faith in them.

well, they unfortnately are the ones with the f1 license and I am a die hard f1 fan. its kinda like being stuck between a rock and hard place. if you think the game is so great go play it some more and stop fan boying on the forum.

well, they unfortnately are the ones with the f1 license and I am a die hard f1 fan. its kinda like being stuck between a rock and hard place. if you think the game is so great go play it some more and stop fan boying on the forum.

I'd be the last person the defend Codemasters without good reason and I've said on plenty of occasions (though maybe not on these forums) that I'd rather someone else had the license, but the vast majority of your accusations are just plain nonsense.

Yes, the game has plenty of bugs, but unless you're looking for a hardcore sim in the vein of rFactor then the game does a more than adequate job of simulating F1. And let's be honest - and this is partly why I wish someone else was handling the license - Codemasters were never going to make a hardcore sim.

I disagree with almost everything I've seen you post on this forum, but it's mostly because of the way you've expressed your opinion and the vagueness of your complaints. It has absolutely nothing to do with being a "fan boy" as you so childishly put it; the last Codies game I bought was Grid (when it was cheap) and I wasn't particularly impressed with that. I bought the two F1 games because I love F1 and they do a good job of letting me take part in a fairly basic recreation of the championship and race some great racers online, that's it.

Sorry to derail the topic so much, just wanted to address it since it's the second time Apex has felt the need to say that for having the cheek to disagree with him. Moving on...

the whole thing to do with F1 being a sim, it's pretty simple why it isn't, it's for everybody,
where as Rfactor you won't pick up in a Game shop so they know that the people who will buy Rfactor will be hardcore simulation racing fans,
F1 you will find some more arcade, and the most buys will come out of giving it slightly Arcade for the average fans and the part simulation for us fans, if it's not enough well they are trying to please everyone, but we all know that's impossible.

Call me a fanboy whatever, because I aint, I know there are too many flaws and bugs which aren't in championship edition, which came out for PS3 only & the graphics aren't as good as Championship Edition, also the damage, the teams don't wanna take the cars apart for a game, and if Codies try and still impliment it they will get sent to town with infringments of contract, just remember as well there are many more codes than there would have been in past games as well :)

For me the problem is not that F12011 is not a sim (it is not, but close enough in many aspects).

The problem is neither missing features, for example telemetry would be nice, but it is not there, ok, maybe that is too sim for general public, fine. Brake bias, probably most part of the people would not know how to tune it during the race (I for one), so it is not there, totally understandable. Detailed damage model, IMHO given the fragility of a F1 car what is in the game is enough. A slider changing the damage sensitivity (what pc mods do), would have been trivial to include instead of the way too rough none-cosmetic-full choice.

The problem are not some bugs, like the 11/11 bug, that one for example I understand it can happen. Full new handling, written probably from scratch, and the downside of extreme stiffness slips through and never appears, OK, so we wait for the patch.

The problem is the features that ARE there, but partially, or wrong, and mostly prove a complete carelessness from CM.
- Such as the pathetic replays, surely it is not that hard to include some more cameras (which are simply xyz, angle and focal values in a file).
- The AI is there, yeah, but you just need to drive your first race in melbourne to notice that you can overtake cars in chunks of 5 at every slow corner. Is it that hard to make that right? I cannot be that hard (especially for a developer of the game) when can be enormously improved just by fiddling with numbers in a file as rowingace, falcon and jace (sorry if i write usernames wrong) have done, in a few weeks and with limited knowledge of the innards of the game. A slider of difficulty here would also not hurt at all.
- The race director is there too, but why does it disappear at the end of the race? I want to see what happened! Is that really "too much sim"??
- Game saves are also there... but I think I don't really need to comment on that, do I?

The game saving problem _alone_, for the second year in a row! is trademark enough for the sloppiness of CM. Or maybe having reliable saves is "too much sim"... is it?

At least tell us how many steps are in this process, there on step 3 at the moment.
Step 4 we'll update the fix list with the finalised patch notes, Step 5 The patch has now been submitted to MS and Sony for their testing and approval prior to prepping it for release. Step 6, Once the patch has passed submission we'll update the finalised patch. Step 7, patch did not pass submission and we have to go back to step 1 again.

Just do a patch for connection problems and lag first please.

A patch for connection problems would need to go through the same process, so it wouldn't make any difference to the speed.

Also, as Codies have said on many occasions, patches cost money, so they're unlikely to produce two just because people don't want to wait.

Here is a copy paste from the thread:

Patch 2

Hi all,

I'm pleased to inform you all that the patch has now been approved by both Sony and Microsoft and is slated for release on all platforms on Monday 21st November.

As a result I've now updated the below patch notes with the finalised list of fixes.

Please note that there are technical restrictions on what we can and can’t patch, due to things such as size limits on patches, knock-on effects to other areas of the game and issues that were non-reproducible in our test environment, etc. Issues which currently fall into this category are updated DRS Zones and updated drivers.

Game Improvements:
o A connectivity rating display has now been implemented for each player in an online session lobby. This appears as coloured bars (red, amber, green) to indicate the expected online performance of the player in the game session.
o More network bandwidth is now reserved for game-critical systems in online sessions. This may result in low-bandwidth users having their voice chat restricted to fewer players, but should result in a smoother online experience.

Strategy & Setup:
o Fixed 11/11 car setup bug.
o Fixed issue where your race strategy uses the same tyre compound three times in a row & the final set are worn.
o Fixed issue where wear-based punctures would occur too often.
o Fixed various issues with the race engineer speech logic.

AI:
o Fixed an issue where the AI run on Intermediates for too long.
o Fixed issue where AI cars would be too fast in the wet.
o Fixed an issue where AI vehicles pitted too often during dry, online races .
o The AI has been tuned on several circuits to provide smoother and faster driving.
o Fixed issue where the AI’s sector 1 times in Malaysia were too slow

Co –op Championship:
o Fixed an issue with the save becoming corrupt / not able to invite the other player when playing long race weekends.
o Fixed an issue where AI difficulty was reset to “Amateur” level when resuming a Coop game.
o Fixed an issue with tyre wear in Practice/Qualifying not being carried over to Race.
o Fixed an issue with the penalties accrued in Practice/Qualifying not being applied to the Race.
o Fixed an issue with the Race Results where lapped AI are causing player to drop positions.

Online:
o Vote to Skip in Qualifying now requires 100% vote.
o Various Penalty system improvements have been made.
o Quick Race countdown timer is now set to 60 Seconds and no longer resets when a player joins the session.
o Fixed issue where host and client machines would report different qualification results during online games
o Fixed an issue where online players would sometimes see other players or AI cars using the wrong tyres.

Graphics & Performance:
o PS3 – Improved frame rate & performance.
o Xbox360 & PC - Numerous performance improvements have been made to increase frame rate and reduce stuttering.
o All Platforms – Numerous graphical improvements have been made.
o All Platforms – Fixed various issues to improve general game stability.

PC-specific:
o Fixed several functionality issues experienced when using DX11 cards.
o Fixed issue where users could hack specific files to increase car grip.

Other:
o Fixed a very infrequent issue where some sessions would be skipped over when progressing to the next session during a Long Race Weekend.
o Korea tyre compounds have been changed to those used in the 2011 race.
o Fixed an issue where in career where the "on the bounce" achievement was awarded after 11 race wins instead of 9.
o Fixed an issue where all users would be awarded the fastest lap XP and stat during some online races.
o Fixed an issue where driver's hands & head popped in a few frames late when switching cameras.
o Fixed issue where players were able to post extremely quick Time Trial times

To coincide with the release of the 2nd patch and the fixing of the 'setup bug', we are also going to be wiping the online leaderboards for both the time trial and time attack online game modes. These leaderboard wipes are currently scheduled for next week, and once we have a firm date for these we'll let you know straight away.

Once again our thanks for your patience whilst we worked on the 2nd patch and also for your valuable feedback.

I love the size restriction on patches part lmao roughly translated as "Cant be bothered patching that we have their money anyway, lets just throw them a bone"

Why are some of you so ridiculously miserable and ungrateful all the time. The patch size limit is set by microsoft/sony. Software development isn't easy you know.

Why are some of you so ridiculously miserable and ungrateful all the time. The patch size limit is set by microsoft/sony. Software development isn't easy you know.

I think we should all reserve judgement until we get our hands on the patch.

Im trying to be optimistic as possible, however their initial baseline offering doesnt give you faith in their testing process, so whether they have created some new problems which wont have been picked up due to lack of regression testing is yet to be seen.

Im curious how a size limit on the patch should even come into play based on the fact its coding that really needed sorting, rather than graphics files (yes I see there are graphical improvements but they were hardly crucial) - but, im just gonna wait till tonight to see what's going down, we could be pleasently surprised - maybe :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back