Resource icon

Tracks Palmer Motorsports Park 0.8 0.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
You are looking at points not a mesh. It's how the points were scanned or processed that it will look like it's "torn". When you convert it to a mesh it will look fine. It's not the most high res data but it's 1000x better than the GE data that was used with this RTB track .

View attachment 427679
Yes I got it into blender now, still looks not great and the blender file is 1.9gb so everything is super slow. I had a quick look in edit mode at the mesh WOW very complex, I am assuming I did something wrong along the way hahaha

Yes I got it into blender now, still looks not great and the blender file is 1.9gb so everything is super slow. I had a quick look in edit mode at the mesh WOW very complex, I am assuming I did something wrong along the way hahaha

You can see it here, the marks on the track, some areas nice then you see the checkered pattern. So question will this matter once I have made the actual driving area?

Attachments

• closeup.JPG
    closeup.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 102
You can see it here, the marks on the track, some areas nice then you see the checkered pattern. So question will this matter once I have made the actual driving area?
You get what you get. There are ways of dealing with data noise. I made a series of videos on YT on this exact subject. If you haven't seen them I suggest you go take a look.

You get what you get. There are ways of dealing with data noise. I made a series of videos on YT on this exact subject. If you haven't seen them I suggest you go take a look.
Yes I’ve watched them all probably 5 or 6 times and have had a few comments with you back and forth! Love these videos. Your work is very very good! I hope you will continue with this series! Great job and thanks for all your help.

Is there a place to buy the paid work you've done and would you mind sharing which tracks you did as a paid engagement?
Usually he gets paid by the track owner or private team to practice irl, someone who would need an accurate version of the track.
He doesn't sell tracks for the public and he will release it for free, so we just gotta wait and thank him for his talent and quality work.

I was paid to build it. Should have it finished fairly soon. Will be released for free.
This is stupidly exciting as I downloaded blender to try and fix a few bump and elevation changes here but I'm way in over my head.
I was reading some of your posts and I'm definitely going to look for you on YouTube since you mentionsd you have some videos on track editing with data.
Probably do a learning project of Canaan Motor club in NH with it being a very flat course with minor banking on one turn and minor elevation changes near the singular wall lol

This looks absolutely amazing, damn

Edit: you even got the go kart track they added on top of the hill just recently near the top paddocks! Oh that's cool! When ever I'm there I always ride around the that smaller track on my ripstik in between driving sessions.

Last edited:
This looks absolutely amazing, damn

Edit: you even got the go kart track they added on top of the hill just recently near the top paddocks! Oh that's cool! When ever I'm there I always ride around the that smaller track on my ripstik in between driving sessions.
They've starting hosting drift events on that small track. Pretty cool and gives people another option beyond Thompson. Speaking of local tracks what are the odds Thompson would be interested in commissioning a LilSki AC track?

They've starting hosting drift events on that small track. Pretty cool and gives people another option beyond Thompson. Speaking of local tracks what are the odds Thompson would be interested in commissioning a LilSki AC track?
The track in the paddock is not really meant to be driven on at this point. The data that was used for the track was taken during construction so the paddock is a bit of a mess. So what you see if more of an approximation of what's really there. The current plan is just to have the main track usable in both directions.

As for commission work I likely will never do it again. Doing work for hire pretty much destroyed the hobby for me, and I have very little desire to continue. So once this is out I will return to just tinkering with my own projects.

Lock city Drift made a track for Thompson but it doesn't have a start/stop line as it looks like they made it for their drift lobbies/runs but it's still there! I haven't been on thompson in a year but i'm going back there in a few weeks but that track definitely feels a bit off from what i remember, mostly the last few turns when getting back on the straight.

Lock city Drift made a track for Thompson but it doesn't have a start/stop line as it looks like they made it for their drift lobbies/runs but it's still there! I haven't been on thompson in a year but i'm going back there in a few weeks but that track definitely feels a bit off from what i remember, mostly the last few turns when getting back on the straight.
It's pretty inaccurate. They approached me to redo it but weren't interested in the price so it never went anywhere.

Good to know, i've been driving it a bit to get a better idea of the track before going back out there but it just feels so much different than what I remember, elevation dips and turns that feel off, but I'll still appreciate the mod as it's not like I can do anything better lol

It's pretty inaccurate. They approached me to redo it but weren't interested in the price so it never went anywhere.
Even the modified version without a wall in the middle is rough. I don't how many hours it would take to fix but I would make a contribution to the fund if the conversation was ever reopened.

The screenshots of proper Palmer look great and I'm glad to hear we'll be able to drive it both counterclockwise and clockwise. Thank you!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea