Resource icon

Tracks Palmer Motorsports Park 0.8 0.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
Your Palmer track is gorgeous. Can't wait to drive on it.
I'm making my own Thompson. It's my first track and I'm learning RTB, but I have my telemetry and video from may track day there in March so I'm trying to reproduce that. The biggest problem I've had so far is making sure the track elevation is correct. Not only from Google earth API but also from my heavy handed "adjustments" to the track nodes and terrain.

BTW, has anyone created New Hampshire Speedway's road course for AC? Google says no, which is surprising. That's a much more famous local track than either Thompson or Palmer.

Your Palmer track is gorgeous. Can't wait to drive on it.
I'm making my own Thompson. It's my first track and I'm learning RTB, but I have my telemetry and video from may track day there in March so I'm trying to reproduce that. The biggest problem I've had so far is making sure the track elevation is correct. Not only from Google earth API but also from my heavy handed "adjustments" to the track nodes and terrain.
Curious how yours comes out! I'm attempting to make Thompson as well but I'm going the long con following LilSki's video series, so I went through getting all of the lidar data and using cloud compare to get the elevation and camber there, and starting to use Blender now to get all that data in. I'm not expecting to be done for a very long time though as I'm no where near knowledgeable on track building and decided to take it up as a self learning project.

I'm sure we will see yours way before mine lol

As for NHMS, only iRacing has it currently and its the full road course too at that

Attachments

• Screenshot_40.png
    Screenshot_40.png
    248.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_41.png
    Screenshot_41.png
    346.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_44.png
    Screenshot_44.png
    719.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Curious how yours comes out! I'm attempting to make Thompson as well but I'm going the long con following LilSki's video series, so I went through getting all of the lidar data and using cloud compare to get the elevation and camber there, and starting to use Blender now to get all that data in. I'm not expecting to be done for a very long time though as I'm no where near knowledgeable on track building and decided to take it up as a self learning project.

I'm sure we will see yours way before mine lol

As for NHMS, only iRacing has it currently and its the full road course too at that
Ooooh. That's going to turn out nice. Where did you get Lidar data and what's cloud compare? Actually, never mind. I can Google like anyone, and since you're doing it no need for me to.
My Thompson is hand-made, not precise, and is just for fun. I was getting frustrated driving the versions currently available, so I thought I'd make my own. Originally I wanted to sim- drive it before a track day there in April, and ended up even buying the iRacing version. But iRacing doesn't let me use my car so it was of limited usefulness to me. Same with NHMS, which I did buy.
clg31187, thank you for the tip on casual sim racer. I downloaded it and will try it out, though it looks like it's only the oval.

Ooooh. That's going to turn out nice. Where did you get Lidar data and what's cloud compare? Actually, never mind. I can Google like anyone, and since you're doing it no need for me to.
My Thompson is hand-made, not precise, and is just for fun. I was getting frustrated driving the versions currently available, so I thought I'd make my own. Originally I wanted to sim- drive it before a track day there in April, and ended up even buying the iRacing version. But iRacing doesn't let me use my car so it was of limited usefulness to me. Same with NHMS, which I did buy.
clg31187, thank you for the tip on casual sim racer. I downloaded it and will try it out, though it looks like it's only the oval.
There are 3 layouts on the version I downloaded, 2 of which includes the road course. PM me if you can't find them.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.