F1 2012 One setting for all tracks?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
That is certainly not the ultimate setup and I am not going to tell you what is the best. The biggest difference though is your driving and most of the time people look online at setups and times people are achieving and go wow that setup must be fast and they go play with it and think this is awesome because they have more confidence in it knowing that someone else has gone fast with it. If I think 1 setup is better than another I will go faster but I have more confidence I can go into a corner faster. This year is 90% driving and 10% setup.

Well the track was USA and the practice time I managed times were...

Universal setup: 1:42.876
Personal setup 1:41.726

Told you I was slow!

So not much in it it would seem but when it came to the race which one would I go for... Mine as it gave me more confidence entering turns. The race was wet and my setup was certainly better for me.

And that the imortant thing. The setup is about your driving. Try two peoples setups and see how they differ. Then try mixing the settings, pretty soon you'll understand which numbers work best for you.

That is certainly not the ultimate setup and I am not going to tell you what is the best. The biggest difference though is your driving and most of the time people look online at setups and times people are achieving and go wow that setup must be fast and they go play with it and think this is awesome because they have more confidence in it knowing that someone else has gone fast with it. If I think 1 setup is better than another I will go faster but I have more confidence I can go into a corner faster. This year is 90% driving and 10% setup.

It's not exactly like that. Fastest lap-wise - yes. But before I found out your setups I was having really bad tyre wear. After that it became as yours and now I'm struggling on tyre wear again. So setups do make a difference, but only in the race. In Q, I've tried setups for any kind driving style and they work the same. Everyone just needs a setup for their driving style.

But yea, you are right. People think they're faster with some setup and go out and do a better laptime on luck or smth.. And mistake by using a wrong setup for 10-15 races till they find a better one.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.