Old Threads (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Naught to Sixty app, it is possible to perform acceleration time measurements for the following speeds and distances:
  • 0-60, 0-100, 0-200 mph
  • 0-100, 0-200, 0-300 km/h
  • 0-60-0, 0-100-0, 0-200-0 mph
  • 0-100-0, 0-200-0, 0-300-0 km/h
  • 1/4 Mile, 500 m, 100 m
In order to install this app, extract the .zip file to the folder *Assetto Corsa Installation Directory*/apps/python. To use it, simply stop the car and press the button labeled Start. The system will be ready and the timer will start the moment you start moving. If you press the Start button again while being in motion, the current measurement will simply be stopped, whereas, in case you've brought the car to a hold, a new one will be started.

Naught to Sixty App

About the App With the Tire Temperature Window app, you can define a custom temperature window for your tires (in the format of target temperature +/- deviation). This way, the app can display tire graphics whose color quickly tells you about the temperature state of your tires at a glance: if your tires are too cool, they are colored blue, while they become red when they receive too much heat. If you are inside your preferred temperature window, they are displayed as green. Your current window settings are stored in a file so you don't have to re-enter them each and every time you start the game. In addition, two small graphical elements indicate the dirtyness of the tires and the suspension travel: the white bar to the left of the tire illustration tells you how clean each tire is (a full white bar equates to a dirt-free tire surface, whereas the bar shrinks upon contamination). Note that you can accumulate more dirt on the tires than the graphic can display; thus, the indicator may take a while to reappear after long detours. The small orange line, on the other hand, shows you the suspension movement. What's new?
  • 1.1: tire dirtiness and suspension travel indicators were added
  • 1.0: initial release
Installation and Usage To install it, extract the ZIP-archive to the *Assetto Corsa Installation Directory*/apps/python folder. If you have installed a previous version of this app, there is no need to remove that, simply overwrite it. Usage: utilize the two text boxes at the bottom of the app window to enter the target temperature and the allowed deviation (and confirm by pressing the Enter key). By this, the values are automatically saved as well.

Tire Temperature Window App

Hey Yoschi,

I really like the new version of your app, especially you cleaned up the code and the started to use classes, is awesome :)
Keep it going !

Maybe you want to implement a live color change of your tyre temperatures, it's pretty easy.

Code:
def checkTireTemp(self):
  global tempTarget, tempDeviation
  if self.temp < (tempTarget - tempDeviation):
    ac.glColor4f(0,0.645,0.74,1)
elif self.temp >= (tempTarget - tempDeviation) and self.temp <= (tempTarget + tempDeviation):
  ac.glColor4f(0,0.744,0,1)
else:
  ac.glColor4f(0.74,0,0,1)

You only need to deliver the temperature in the definition of the function devided by 100 and add a constant for a nice colorrange from cold to optimal and to hot.

Code:
def checkTireTemp(self, temperature):
  global tempTarget, tempDeviation
  if self.temp < (tempTarget - tempDeviation):
    ac.glColor4f(0, 0.25 + temperature / 100, 1.0 - temperature / 100, 1)

I just made this in my version, too.
I don't want to criticize your work, just give a nice handy hint, because I like your work !

Best Regards
Danny

So with zero modding experience, apart from some minor tweaks and using content made by others .. What is needed to open and edit these .psd files? Tried Adobe PhotoShop but no joy.

Idd like to have a look at skinning myself, maybe you could point me towards a relevant tutorial?

Ok downloaded Gimp and managed to find the file i wanted to start editing.
Heres where im at right now.
redlotus.jpg

Now forgive me for the newb questions but how do i build a new .dds file from these files ?
When i try to export the file with Gimp i dont have an option for .dds format. So how to proceed from here ?

A little help would be much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back