Old threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloads: A new file has been added by WillsB3:

F1 2011 Static T-CAMs

This modification makes the T-CAM view of all cars fully static. It removes the "wobbling" effect when braking, turning and accelerating. This mod works for all cars TCAM's aswell as the TCAM rear view and the TCAM's in split screen. I created this as I've never seen this effect on the TCAM's on TV - Maybe I'm blind ;).

Changes
- Made TCAM's for all teams static

Installation
1) Backup the cameras.xml file for each team in your F1 2011/cars/teamfolder directories.
2) Extract the .7z file using 7-Zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) to your root F1 2011 folder.

Alternatively
I Highly reccomend the use of Generic Mod Enabler (http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/sof...cts-jsgme.html) to manage all your mods - it's a fantastic tool.

To install this mod using GME:
1) Extract [Cams] Static T-CAMs - Willsb.7z to a folder by right clicking the .7z file and choosing the "7z" menu and then the "Extract to "[Cams] Static T-CAMs - Willsb.7z"" option .
2) Copy the newly extracted "[Cams] Static T-CAMs - Willsb" folder to your Mods directory, or just drag the folder into the left hand pane of GME.
3) Enable the mod withing GME.

Enjoy!

please make a 50 flashback mod ! its really needed
oh, and please can anyone do something about the foggy spot while driving behind another car in rain, the same problem that 2010 had...

Do I get this right, I can place any .bik file to be played ingame? So it would be possible to record the official F1 race edits/hot laps (from formula1.com), save them as .bik and let them be played ingame? :) Or are you doing exactly this already?

thanks for posting, that's really useful.

just one question - does the pitch parameter affect the amount the camera moves, i.e. if set to 0 the t-cam will be static?

cheers

No. Pitch controls the tilt of the camera (think tilting your head backwards and forwards while staring straight)

If you want static tcams check out my static TCAM mod - you can use this as a base for adjusting the cars TCAMs in accordance with this excellent tutorial by ka-b00m :)

So do I have to save in DXT5 format?

These are the settings that worked for me

nvidia_settings.jpg

DXT5 would not work for me

In addition, also note that the helmet template in 2011 has changed, so a straight replacement from 2010 is not possible, you will need to create a new design for the new template

Thanks for all your replies!

Weird that DXT5 doesn't work for u , it gives better quality.
Always used it for 2010 and already modified renault livery , rims , helmet in 2011 withoout a problem.
By the way i use paint.net , it's got native dds support and the smallest quality loss in dxt compression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies