Old GTR Evo modding threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent mod. Really very fun and rewarding. Great great great!!!

For me the driving feelings seem close to F1600 in nKPro.

A big thumb up. :)

i think some of the skins are messed up. check the dds files

I just install the mod as I uploaded and it has all the skins working... Maybe delete the Formula Ford folder and reinstall to stop clashes with the older beta you had mate...

Specifications
Formula Ford racing cars are designed to comply with a strict set of rules which are revised annually. The rules for Formula Ford racing cars ensure that costs are limited and that driver skill becomes the major factor in achieving success.
For technical regulations, please click here
Chassis:Tubular space frame (exotic materials prohibited) construction confined to maximum dimension. Constructors aim to maximise torsional rigidity and minimize weight while maintaining the highest level of driver safety.
Engine:
technical_chasis_engine.jpg
1600cc, 100ps DOHC four-cylinder Ford Fiesta engine, sealed on cylinder head and front and rear crankshaft seal covers.

Developing 81kW the engine is tuned to develop 125 bhp at 7,000rpm. All components and measurements are specified and the Formula benefits from the worldwide parts support provided by the Ford Motor Company.
Steering:Rack and pinion
Suspension:Front & Rear - pushrod activated dual damper system. Full racing car suspension designs are required to ensure maximum tyre grip at various cornering speeds. Chassis balance is adjustable and controlled by damper, spring and anti-roll bar combinations.
Brakes:Four-wheel disc brakes have independent front and rear activation. Front/rear bias is adjustable.
Gearbox:Limited to 4 forward and 1 reverse gear. Ratios can be changed to suit various circuits and conditions.
Fuel tank:41-litre
Tyres:Front & rear - 5.5 in Avon (ACB10) tyres. A grooved Avon racing tyre is chosen for optimum grip under all weather conditions. The Avon tyre and compound are specified, ensuring an economical wear rate.
Aerodynamic Devices:Not allowed. Down force is limited to the combination of chassis design/set-up and tyre grip, together with the natural forces of gravity.
Weight:495kg with driver
Top speed:250 km/h (approx)
Driver ProtectionSide protection structures (sidepods) constructed from materials designed to crumple on impact and reduce the risk of driver injury in a side collision were introduced to the category in 1997.

The size of the cockpit opening has been increased to allow for the quick exit of the vehicle in an emergency.

On-board fire extinguishing systems, roll-over hoops and additional protection around the drivers' legs provide increased driver protection.

and with no wings they will be different to the bmw, understeer and oversteer will be much more noticable. And there seems to be many models over the years http://www.ff1600.org.au/gallery/gallery/2004-championship-gallery.html

this is the basics of the specs I used to develop the physics...

Ahh right, thought so. I dont know much about modding, what kinda things can you do then? What about the wheelbase as it seems shorter in my photo than the game? Or the engine cover?

Track works in SP ok for me, tried to set up a dedi server and I (and others) get the message saying that we don't have the track. . when we do? Any ideas or is this offline only???

Hello!

Thank you for this mod. I am loving this and the Formula Fords, such racing fun I have not had in years!

I have a slight problem with these V8's, which is probably due to me being a fairly rubbish driver, but I'm really struggling with the braking. The brakes are working, but seem remarkably ineffective (to me!) compared to the power of the car. I'm certain thats just the way they are, so can anyone help me so I don't go arrowing off at every bend? I watched Bathurst 1000 last night, and they certainly had no problem slowing down for those 90 degree turns.

Thanks again for this wonderful mod! :cool:

Cheers!

Amblin

you must remember that these cars weigh over 1400kg, thats 200kg more than the SimBin GTPro with 600hp and smaller tyres and brakes. secret is to brake early and get turned in and themget the power on as soon as you can...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 115 87.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 40 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 48 36.6%