Tracks Okayama [W.I.P] scratch made

We can joke about different names right now, but it will not change the fact that it can happen to anybody, and it is really sad.

Imagine putting in great amount of hours, attention, love into a project for others to enjoy FOR FREE just to be brought on your knees by some managers and lawyers.

I'm really sorry for this. But seriously, can you just release it with other name, and minor changes, like "somebody" has been doing for years.

Project closed!
It`s time to move on, to some guys who have some sense in making money, not some crazy guys like these Japanese @ Okayama (I have nothing against Japanese, but this was really bad from them). Simply don`t get it, why on earth they don`t want to make money - and for doing nothing, nothing at all - I did all the work. Crazy world. No wonder why is all that bad happening everyday around the globe.

Project closed!
It`s time to move on, to some guys who have some sense in making money, not some crazy guys like these Japanese @ Okayama (I have nothing against Japanese, but this was really bad from them). Simply don`t get it, why on earth they don`t want to make money - and for doing nothing, nothing at all - I did all the work. Crazy world. No wonder why is all that bad happening everyday around the globe.

I've tried to understand this but I don't get it... you were selling the track to someone else or... what? is not clear where's the "Licensing issue", otherwise they would have to take down all the free mods out there.

I've tried to understand this but I don't get it... you were selling the track to someone else or... what? is not clear where's the "Licensing issue", otherwise they would have to take down all the free mods out there.
All mods free or paid are illegal unless licensed. It's just most don't care when it is free. In this case they did. In my case NJMP was happy I made the mod. But if they weren't they have the right to shut it down just like this.

All mods free or paid are illegal unless licensed. It's just most don't care when it is free. In this case they did. In my case NJMP was happy I made the mod. But if they weren't they have the right to shut it down just like this.
Exactly. All mods without the official license from the track owners are illegal. But 99% of the track owners don`t care, or they are even glad someone does their virtual version of the track (who doesn`t, right? :) ).

Would be cool to do the petition and address it to Okayama track owners ;)

There is still a way to license this track, but highly unlikely, Kunos (actually Assetto Corsa as a company) should apply for th license, and pay some money (5k€) and we would get the license and the track.
I am still intend to finish it in a whole and to drool over it :)

Last edited:
Exactly. All mods without the official license from the track owners are illegal. But 99% of the track owners don`t care, or they are even glad someone does their virtual version of the track (who doesn`t, right? :) ).

Would be cool to do the petition and address it to Okayama track owners ;)

There is still a way to license this track, but highly unlikely, Kunos (actually Assetto Corsa as a company) should apply for th license, and pay some money (5k€) and we would get the license and the track.
I am still intend to finish it in a whole and to drool over it :)

Oh well, I'm still surprised they even bothered to do so. I don't see any downside in releasing it for free if I'd be the owner, except there might be some big mistakes in the layout, which doesn't seems to be the case coming from you.
Anyway, you can still enjoy it yourself and share it in private with your friends, so it's not really lost.

Oh, really sad to read this since I started today driving on the server. :( No possibility to release it like Simply Mad Studios did it with Suzuka? Just call it with a different name? Did they warn you with their lawyers or what?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back