Tracks Okayama [W.I.P] scratch made

About that penultimate turn, where you can go into pits, there is very simple to cut the track (so is in RL).
What to do? We had some discussion about it, maybe to add some cones there (maybe even solid), but this is something I dislike. Specially because there is nothing in RL. What do you guys think?

Is it possible to define a surface that is NOT valid when driving on, with just one tire? I can set some surface as invalid, but... by default is, if there are 3 tires on this surface (at lease 2 on valid surface to be valid)? But I would like if any of tires if on this surface, the lap is invalid. Is that possible?

Last edited:
It's not about realism.
You want to prevent cutting as you said.

So the easiest solution is to add a small sausage kerb on the outside of the current kerb like this:
f1-italian-gp-2013-circuit-kerbs.jpg

So basically you could just add such a small high kerb between the current kerb and the yellow line. :thumbsup:

hereazstl.jpg

Leave it. If they do it in RL there's not a lot you can do. You wouldn't want a penalty going into the pits or if your struggling with a bang up car to negotiate an obstacle.

Leave it. If they do it in RL there's not a lot you can do. You wouldn't want a penalty going into the pits or if your struggling with a bang up car to negotiate an obstacle.

The point is that you cannot compare real life scenarios with online racing.
Obviously you've got no race control checking cuts etc and we all know the penalty system in AC is not ideal, hence why most leagues run without penalties etc. So clearly you would want to avoid the possibility of such clear cuts and a simple sausage kerb would prevent this without any big visual alterations to the track.

Would it be an option to have the pit limiter speed activated in that area? So if you "accidentally" cut the corner it'd be like you enter the pits, but I don't know if it would work

Sounds like a good idea but if you're following someone close and they accidently hit that pit limiter zone you'd surely end up rear ending them?

Sounds like a good idea but if you're following someone close and they accidently hit that pit limiter zone you'd surely end up rear ending them?
probably yeah, I think some sort of time penalty would be better then or nothing as IRL
iRacing gives you definitely an off track 1x and if you do it on purpose it gives you a time penalty, just like jumping the variante alta chicane in Imola, for example

unless you give less grip to that area and make people enter the pits a bit ahead
or make the kerb a bit higher on the outside so when people crosses the kerb (curb) from the inside it would make the car unstable or even jump a bit?

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 102 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 14 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 41 36.6%