OK, What's Killing My Framerate

Well thats better then ! :)

I don't know what to say.
I run 5600X - RTX 3080 @ 3440
Last night testing Lemans WEC + ELMS in the dark over 140fps and it still looks great.
My pc is not that powerfull as yours.. if i am honest way less powerfull
Ryzen 5 2700x watercooled running in rf2 at 41 degrees celsius.

And my vidcard a 1070 gtx runs at 47 degrees celsius.

The change from low to high cost me 2 degrees more. At lower settings it was running at 45 degrees.

My cpu runs at 4100mhz (6 core plus 6 hyperthreated ones)

Only thing i notice that my video memory was running at 4000 mhz then seconds later at 810mhz and 3800 mhz untill i changed the settings up high then it stayed around 3800-4000mhz

My fps drop/lag was some how caused by my vidcard not being tickled enough there for he switched between power modus and power saving modus it seems while playing.. otherwise i cant give any logical explaining why else would highering settings result in a better fps the lowering the settings

Last edited:
Normally with racing games i dont bump up the graphic settings rather i keep it low- to mid i dont care i am not making movies or something..
Many trackside objects dont do much for the racing it self and i also dont pay attention to it. So i dont mind of the fearywheel is visible or not.. but it seems i need to turn up my settings to get better results hahahha.. first time with a game btw or at least on my pc.

The lower the settings the more you tax your CPU which is your bottleneck.
Of course this will vary across titles some less bottlenecked then others.

You would also bottleneck less at higher resolution
Click on settings above and select 2560 x 1440

I suggest you try DRS in nvidia settings.
I need a bigger screen thats my problem as i read your post and your link. My screenie is max 1920 x 1080
I dont use my vid card enough so it leans more on the cpu..

Thx that would make sense

I need a bigger screen thats my problem as i read your post and your link. My screenie is max 1920 x 1080
I dont use my vid card enough so it leans more on the cpu..

Thx that would make sense
You don't need a bigger ( resolution) screen

DSR will do that for you.
In nvidia control select DSR factors and pick a resolution.
Start sim select the same resolution which you now will be able to do.

TEST :)

Last edited:
You don't need a bigger ( resolution) screen

DSR will do that for you.
In nvidia control select DSR factors and pick a resoltuion
Start sim select the same resolution which you now will be able to do

TEST :)
Well it was a good reason to nagg against my wife that i need a new pc monitor hahahah so dont nagg about me spending money on pc stuff situation hahahha.. but i will try it.

Could you suggest a resolution to test with my 1920x1080 monitor?

Well it was a good reason to nagg against my wife that i need a new pc monitor hahahah so dont nagg about me spending money on pc stuff situation hahahha.. but i will try it.

Could you suggest a resolution to test with my 1920x1080 monitor?

Click on DSR factor, in the drop down pick closest res to 2560 or above.
in sim you can select any res below or equal to what DSR says you can use.

ie: So if you pick say 4K you can use anything below it as well, so just select 2560 in sim menu to start and go from there.

The other side is you will also get better visuals.

P.S. 75Hz is fine.

Last edited:
The other side is you will also get better visuals.
Thats never a bad thing i would say.

Click on DSR factor, in the drop down pick closest res to 2560 or above.
in sim you can select any res below or equal to what DSR says you can use.
I am not behind my pc right now..
I do know indont have installed nvidia how its called damnnn i forgot. Well that thingy you need to use nvidia own game recording.

Offcourse i do have the "normal" nvidia settings icon near my clock is it in that one or do i need to install that other stuff from nvidia?

................ do i need to install that other stuff from nvidia?
No just turn DSR factors to ON and tick a box for max. resolution, remember you can still pick a smaller resolution in sim settings.
So tick 4K and select 2560 in sim it will look and perform like you have 2560 screen.
Annotation-2023-12-28-064306.jpg

Last edited:
Thx i will try that later this evening.
I am curious..

I let you know the results.
------------------------------------

Btw thx you for your help earlier about skin packs.. it helped me alot about understanding how things are done in rf2

Its still some what similair like gtr2 or rf1 but also a bit different then i was used to it took me a while to get used to. (Needed to think in a different way then i used to)

I have nearly completed my clean up or update how ever its called for the formula ford mod.

Made a skin pack for it
36 teams with 2 drives per team.
And liveries are in nation colors

But i have a little problem maybe you know how to fix it.

I made a new menu spinner.
Now it contains a driver i the car (same as on track)

That works but for some reason
I could not get new helmets or racing suit to work within the customize menu. They stay default to the original car but when loading up on the track they work some some reason only this is a very odd way to paint/adjust.

The problem is the bug when 2 cars for 2 series or similar situation have the same number with no further description.

example: You have 2 Ferrrari #57
If you add only one to MAS2 and pack and go back and look you will find both #57 are picked. This happens through the early cars more.

Where as take Hypercar Porsche has 2 #5 and 2 #6
Difference is they have been named IMSA and WEC
So when you add 1 to your MAS2 you only get the one you selected.

Making a field in MAS2 with no recurring numbers is impossible with cars only have #xx in name ...like LMP2 LMP LMP3 GT3 GTE and many others.

They really should have fixed that, I gather is too late now.

Last edited:
No just turn DSR factors to ON and tick a box for max. resolution, remember you can still pick a smaller resolution in sim settings.
So tick 4K and select 2560 in sim it will look and perform like you have 2560 screen.
lLTbnZ.png

last run i tried at 3840x2160 in rf2.. and also every thing maxed out except i had shadow and post processing still turned off. i had barely any lag/stuttering/fps drops any more. still gpu was about 47 degrees celsius.

dsr smoothness is at 33%

only time i get real fps drops are when your in the menu where you can pick your garage tab or look at other drivers.. in that menu it fps drops massively and when making that screen full size when you go with your mouse pointer in the top screen you get a standing banner.. then it also drops massively / stuttering in a big way. but when driving no issues at all. yeah when crash hard it maybe drop 5 fps for a second or 2. but thats fine.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back