OK, What's Killing My Framerate

Still vidcard stays around 50 degrees celsius and cpu while the load is reduced to about 15-20% running with 12 ai cars. Before that it was more like 30 to 38 % with 9 ai cars

I have changed it to max power.. and oh boy that did help alot.
Happy to hear! :)
It runs now between 1550 and 1970 mhz all the time
Yep, varying depending on the load within the limits of "3D mode".
the top bar (standings) still makes my fps drop like 15- 20 fps when my mouse pointer is at the top of the screen.
Yeah that's just rF2.. I had my fps drop to 10-20 fps when going on the grid with lots of AI cars at the Nordschleife. The fps jumped between 15 and 80+. No idea what's wrong with that scenario...
For me this was a better solution then having dsr enabled which also prevented me from using borderless modus.
Yep.. DSR sadly only works in fullscreen. Annoying when wanting to use overlays or when alt+tabbing out frequently.
Still vidcard stays around 50 degrees celsius
Yeah, the clock speed alone doesn't mean a higher power consumption.
Or rather clocking down to 15xx MHz is already enough to use a lot less power.
while the load is reduced to about 15-20% running with 12 ai cars. Before that it was more like 30 to 38 % with 9 ai cars
You mean the graphics card load?
That's normal, the load scales with the clock speed.
So 80% at 1200 MHz can only mean 30% at 1900 MHz.
I sometimes see 90% load and be like "oh no, my gpu is almost bottlenecking!".
Then I look at the clock speed and see that the gpu is only at 800 MHz :D

Happy to hear! :)

Yep, varying depending on the load within the limits of "3D mode".

Yeah that's just rF2.. I had my fps drop to 10-20 fps when going on the grid with lots of AI cars at the Nordschleife. The fps jumped between 15 and 80+. No idea what's wrong with that scenario...

Yep.. DSR sadly only works in fullscreen. Annoying when wanting to use overlays or when alt+tabbing out frequently.

Yeah, the clock speed alone doesn't mean a higher power consumption.
Or rather clocking down to 15xx MHz is already enough to use a lot less power.

You mean the graphics card load?
That's normal, the load scales with the clock speed.
So 80% at 1200 MHz can only mean 30% at 1900 MHz.
I sometimes see 90% load and be like "oh no, my gpu is almost bottlenecking!".
Then I look at the clock speed and see that the gpu is only at 800 MHz :D
No i mean my cpu load is dropped massively

I now could run the full 20 ai cars plus me. Before i only could if i was lucky 12 at the most

Only your right about the replay modus been laggy no matter if the racing it self was smooth as silk.

It is not that bad either any more much better then before but still not as smooth when your race or at least on my pc but well thats not the main goal any way so yeah i only could say thank you.

Hi all, running a Ryzen 5 3600 with 2060 RTX 6GB. Only 16 gigs of RAM which may be my issue. But I have the same issues you do certain track car combos chow FPS. I play on a G9 49inch 3840 X 1080 120FPS 1ms. I can sometimes only get 50 fps on tracks like Laguna Norch and even SPA. and others I'm doing steady 120fps fullgrid High settings.

I got a 49 cause VR limited how easy it was to jump into anything and race, and now I seem to be in the same boat unless I just run it at its lowest settings.

Hi all, running a Ryzen 5 3600 with 2060 RTX 6GB. Only 16 gigs of RAM which may be my issue. But I have the same issues you do certain track car combos chow FPS. I play on a G9 49inch 3840 X 1080 120FPS 1ms. I can sometimes only get 50 fps on tracks like Laguna Norch and even SPA. and others I'm doing steady 120fps fullgrid High settings.

I got a 49 cause VR limited how easy it was to jump into anything and race, and now I seem to be in the same boat unless I just run it at its lowest settings.
The "official" Nordschleife is a very demanding track, very GPU dependant it runs like crap on my PC. If I do try to race there I have to turn all mirrors off.

You are probably limited by VRAM as the RTX 2060 has "only" 6 GB, which is not a lot for 3840 X 1080. You shouldn't need to use the lowest setting but you may need to use medium or high setting for opponent and texture detail.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.