Offical Studio 397 Le Mans undriveable! (SOLVED)

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
So i just bought the Le Mans track, was v much looking forward to this, but its undriveable, do to extremely low FPS and stutters.
Now I know this is a big track to render but even with one car on track and driveable FPS it stutters and hangs every 5 or 10 seconds. If i put 7 AI and me on track the FPS is so low (18 - 35 FPS) its unraceable. Can't even enjoy a lap on my own due to the stutters.
Now, big track yes, so how come the Vitua LM version runs like a dream with 16 cars on track? Lowering track detail doesnt even help much.
Is it just me experiencing this? Can't believe its not been optimized enough to drive even with one car.

So is anyone else with a similar spec to me able to run this track reasonably? I can accept that it’s tuff to run FPS wise with several cars but I can’t accept that I can’t run it with even one and decent FPS but these stutters ruining it
I posted a article on Jan. 22, 2018 called "Micro Stuttering and Scene Judder" which fully eliminated stuttering for me and a friend who used it. Read Richard Hessels post #8 how he suffered these issues in rF2 until he used RivaTuner plus others confirming it worked great for them too!

Also, be sure to check out the links i posted in this article for more info. Hope this might help you too, good luck!!

Last edited:
Also, be sure to check out the links i posted in this article for more info. Hope this might help you too, good luck!!

Your GTX 970, however, has 3.5 GB of VRAM whereas Tarmac Terrorist only has 2 GB of VRAM.

So is anyone else with a similar spec to me able to run this track reasonably? I can accept that it’s tuff to run FPS wise with several cars but I can’t accept that I can’t run it with even one and decent FPS but these stutters ruining it

Turn everything to Low/Off (i noticed you said Medium in your earlier post), lower the Screen Resolution and try again, if you still struggle then you'll just have to accept that Le Mans will be hard on your low spec PC unfortunately.

Success hooray! So because of the stutters I thought it wouldn’t matter what I did with the graphics cause I thought it was a memory thing as in ram, wasn’t thinking about memory on the card. Now I am running 10 McLaren GTR Senna’s smoothly! This is after much experimenting with FPS caps in the player file, lowering resolution anti aliasing and many various graphics settings in game. So I’m now running at something like 1440x900 res, FXAA turned on, anti aliasing off and the settings in the picture.

The low res and lack of anti aliasing isn’t great for seeing way in the distance and breaking markers and the graphics in general are much fuller than usual, but it’s smooth, I’m enjoying it and it will do till I get a new GPU. Looks like I can pickup a GTX 1660 6gb gddr5 card for under £200 and I’m pretty sure I can then max everything out, so that’s something to look forward to.

So thankyou all for you're help you splendid folk! A very happy bunny here!

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
I7 4790K @ 4,8, GTX980ti with 16 GB ram. Monitor is WQHD 165 hz with G-Sync. Every track combined with any car I get around 120 FPS. As soon as i load private practice session at Le Mans trouble starts. It takes about 5 minutes for Le Mans to load (rF2 installed on Samsung 850 pro SSD). Once in the box sitting idle FPS is about 40. Driving our of the box between 30 - 40 with severe stutters in which the screen literality freezes for a second or so. Removed complete rF2 installation, tried several times again with ultra low graphic settings but i am not able to get FPS above 60 without severe stutters. Oh...useless to tell me i need to upgrade my system. CPU wise there has nothing changed only more cores. GPU wise i should go for a 2080ti but im not willing to put so much money on a GPU. I'd rather takes my loss with the Le Mans circuit, which is a shame...

Oh Boby Kim no mate don’t give up! Seriously it’s worth it! I bought the Two Stong pack to go with it and I tell you what than McLaren Senna GTR at Le Mans is just Awsome once you’ve warmed the tires up, I was up till 3am this morning just learning the track with it and it was enormous fun!

If I can run it on an i5 and a 750ti I’m sure you can as yours is a step up from mine, and trust me I’ve had the same probs getting it to run smooth as you have so let’s get you rolling!

Try it with the graphics settings I’ve got (in the picture I posted), the res Im running (1440x900 I think) and 10 cars (including yours) all single make, set race start to miday, no rain. One more thing, I’m running single screen at 60hz and have frame rate set to 65fps in the josn file in the player folder, if you’re running 3 screens that might be a problem, I’m just trying to give you exactly how I’m running it. Aswell as that clear your cbash and shaders folders and I mean delete everything in there! I hope you can get it running mate cause it’s damn worth it! If you do I’ll meet you online for a blast round it, already made a server for it. Let me know how you get on!

One more thing. The first time I loaded this track I had to go have a coffee and a cigarette it took so long, it still takes longer that any track I’ve got cause it’s 4 miles longer than the second longest track I’ve got (Virginia), but after all I’ve described above it now loads much faster. Also after loading, stick your car on AI control at the start of the race, walk away and have a coffee whilst they do a few laps and come back and restart the race, I do find the Rfactor tracks need a bit of time to bed in, I know sounds like superstition right but it seems to help. Best of luck!

As Tarmac stated it's a good idea to delete all files inside your CBash and Shaders folders but "don't" delete the folders. I always do this whenever some type of graphical update.

NOTE: Whenever you delete these files or make any graphics adjustments ingame it will take much longer to load any track for the first time because it needs to rebuild the HAT files again but the second time and after your tracks will load so much faster!

If your still experiencing issues you might want to read my above post on Micro Stuttering, good luck!

Last edited:
Also after loading, stick your car on AI control at the start of the race, walk away and have a coffee whilst they do a few laps and come back and restart the race, I do find the Rfactor tracks need a bit of time to bed in, I know sounds like superstition right but it seems to help.
Use Ctrl-X for time acceleration and you won't have to take so long of a coffee break.

On lemans, with 39 ai(40 cars wirh me), track, player and texture at full and opponent on high, 1080p and aa level 3, vram usage is 7300mbs on my vega56, only on start of the race, on the last place with 15 visible ais, my frame drops to low 60s, which is in my freesync range so no problem, and i believe its caused by my cpu/ram combo; i7 3770s ( slower than a regular 3770) and 1600mhz ddr3
Before that i have gtx1060 6gb which does not have enough vram for both lemans and nords, so switch to vega56, and very happy with my choice.

6gb vram is not enough for rfactor2 with that such large grids.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.