Nvidia Video Cards + Drivers

thanks all, i just had this and then after i switch off the power options , i now get a BSOD (24),not from choosing power options, but from updating the nvidia drivers.
185 version for the nvidia 9800gt, contact inno3d and they gave me a few pages of fixes.

BSOD 24 fixes in brief:
DISABLED -------|------ENABLED
CPU & VGA CLOCKING | ASSIGN IRQ TO VGA ADAPTER
PCI BURSTING | PNP o/s
BIOS UPDATE | PCI latency =128
PEER CONCURRENCY | Passive release
VIDEO BIOS SHADOWING | delay transaction
VIDEO ROM CACHEABLE |
USWC / DISABLE U/c |
PIPELINE Cache |

then reinstall os (my case vista 64), update video card, directx.

i let you know if it fixes it.:)

And now for the fun pictures
http://www.miguelcarrasco.net/miguelcarrasco/2006/10/blue_screen_of_.html

updated: i have now fixed the bsod 124 error. hmm . with the extended realtek audio files. :) yipeee

now about the screen freeze bug, it part of nvidia drivers.what power settings do you have on?

.selected your current power plan and click the changed plan setting.goto your power plan settings and turn off Display to disabled

Nvidia Forceware 186.18

Nvidia has released the Official Forceware 186.18 driver for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.

These WHQL certified drivers are for the GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9 100 and 200 series.

They contain various bug fixes, improve GPU acceleration on some cards, and provide performance increases over the 181 Forceware series.

The package also contains the 9.09.0428 PhysX drivers.

Nvidia has released the Official Forceware 186.18 driver for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.

These WHQL certified drivers are for the GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9 100 and 200 series.

They contain various bug fixes, improve GPU acceleration on some cards, and provide performance increases over the 181 Forceware series.

The package also contains the 9.09.0428 PhysX drivers.

I tried that one, it is a bit more performens in gtr-evo and it was 5 degrees cooler in Win7 and XP but I got some freezes and studdering so a went back to 185.85 witch is the best for my GTS250

It's because of the 7900GTX which is an old card now and not fully capable of running today's games maxed out, the GPU is thing that's lettings your system down.

If you have the money pick up a GTX275 / GTX280 or GTX295 if you can push that much! Either of them are going to be a massive improvement over the 7900GTX.

Thanks fur puting it intoo simplur turms fur mi smull hedd! :silly:

I won't be able to afford the GTX300 cards anyway. Hopefully, around the time of release, the GTX200s will drop in price. At the moment, the GTX280 has my eye, can get it for €120 on ebay. Wonder what will happen to the GTX295 after the new cards?

Thanks fur puting it intoo simplur turms fur mi smull hedd! :silly:

I won't be able to afford the GTX300 cards anyway. Hopefully, around the time of release, the GTX200s will drop in price. At the moment, the GTX280 has my eye, can get it for €120 on ebay. Wonder what will happen to the GTX295 after the new cards?

point me at it, i want one

on a serious note, sorry to steal your thread Mark.

what would i be better off getting, an nvidia GTX260 or an ati 4870/90, i have around £180 to spend.

i currently have a 9800gt but its a bit sluggish in some of the more demanding games. ie ArmA2, AA3 etc.

i have a foxxconn G31MX mobo(not the best but hopefully replacing asap)
intel 9550 quad(stock speed)
4gb pc 6400 ram
1tb samsung spinpoint h/d
vista 32 home premium.

point me at it, i want one

on a serious note, sorry to steal your thread Mark.

what would i be better off getting, an nvidia GTX260 or an ati 4870/90, i have around £180 to spend.

i currently have a 9800gt but its a bit sluggish in some of the more demanding games. ie ArmA2, AA3 etc.

As ben said get the GTX275! Perfect for your money.

You can get 1gb 4870's for like £105 / £110 now + GTX260 216 cores for £115, if you wanted to save moeny but for you going from a 9800GT the GTX275 would be a good upgrade.

Is your mobo SLi capable ... getting a cheap 2nd 9800GT might also be an option (haven't checked prices but you should be able to pick a new or even used one up much cheaper than a 2XX series card these days) ... take the money you save on graphics and put it to that decent mobo on which you can use SLi??

I got 2 x 8800GT 512MB's here and apart from some recent Vista / Nvidia issues I have been suffering from lately, they do run at beastly speeds ... Evo easily "ticks over" between 300 and 400fps if I disable V-synch (solid 60fps with vsynch) ... all in game graphics options maxxed out.

I would recommend aftermarket coolers for this generation of video cards ... the stock coolers don't really cut it in my experience ... dead easy to install, you don't have to go mad on price either, and if you choose carefully, they should be re-usable on any future cards you buy ... they really do make a difference though.
I was constantly hitting 90ºC+ with stock coolers, now I am lucky if I hit 60ºC after an hour of solid racing with room temps over 30ºC.

The other difference is in the amount of noise the stock coolers make ... with reasonable fans, the aftermarket coolers run almost silent to achieve their huge cooling performance.

enough on all that tho ... BTT ... :poke:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea