Nothing is better than iRacing

T

tyuS

• tyuS

Who wants to buy RF2?? When their tracks get and actual 1/100th of an inch off from real world courses then maybe, MAYBE I'll look into it.

iRacing is where it's at. Nothings better than iRacing plain and simple. Try it once you'll never go back.

Who wants to buy RF2??

Wrong forum tyuS...

I don't wanna step on any toes but.. posting a statement like that, which clearly is from an extremely biased point of view
wich basicliy just proves the point when i say this community is home for some great people, but Filled to the brim with numbnuts
who doesn't think further than their noses reach.. "Audi is sooo much better than BMW" .. has the same substance. depends on who
you ask.

I've been working with mods since the dawn of good old SportsCar GT from ISI and kept modding through all the F1 releases and now i've spendt 5 years in rFactor, allways improving, allways finding new ways to add new content, that's the thrill with rF for me, can you do that in iRacing? - ask me if i think iRacing is better than rFactor...

iRacing is probably a great sim and i'd love to try it out! i've been driving racing-sims all my life and the only game i haven't given a go is iRacing, what does that say about the game? Not that it's bad - just that it's not good enough to pay that kind of money..

lets face it.. most of us sit behind desks in our basements with a plastic wheel and i'd say 50% of the simmers still drive with only 2 pedals.. and yet they spend time on forums arguing why iRacing is by far the best sim out there.. it's sad

Is it fun? yes... it probably is, i dont doubt that.. do i have the money? .. no.. and wola they just lost another customer who'll go out
and buy rF2 because.. they can.. without having to argue with their wifes about fees and ongoing payments for new material..

quit yappin about which is better when it's a biased question to start with.

Sorry but im just sick of this arguments, it was the same when LFS came and people were blabbin about LFS vs rF vs Netkar.. no point.

Wrong forum tyuS...

I don't wanna step on any toes but.. posting a statement like that, which clearly is from an extremely biased point of view
wich basicliy just proves the point when i say this community is home for some great people, but Filled to the brim with numbnuts
who doesn't think further than their noses reach.. "Audi is sooo much better than BMW" .. has the same substance. depends on who
you ask.

I've been working with mods since the dawn of good old SportsCar GT from ISI and kept modding through all the F1 releases and now i've spendt 5 years in rFactor, allways improving, allways finding new ways to add new content, that's the thrill with rF for me, can you do that in iRacing? - ask me if i think iRacing is better than rFactor...

iRacing is probably a great sim and i'd love to try it out! i've been driving racing-sims all my life and the only game i haven't given a go is iRacing, what does that say about the game? Not that it's bad - just that it's not good enough to pay that kind of money..

lets face it.. most of us sit behind desks in our basements with a plastic wheel and i'd say 50% of the simmers still drive with only 2 pedals.. and yet they spend time on forums arguing why iRacing is by far the best sim out there.. it's sad

Is it fun? yes... it probably is, i dont doubt that.. do i have the money? .. no.. and wola they just lost another customer who'll go out
and buy rF2 because.. they can.. without having to argue with their wifes about fees and ongoing payments for new material..

quit yappin about which is better when it's a biased question to start with.

Sorry but im just sick of this arguments, it was the same when LFS came and people were blabbin about LFS vs rF vs Netkar.. no point.

Very well put. I'm a bit sick of these comparisons being make between different formats. rF is 5 years old guy's! Wake the hell up! If iRacing wasn't better then rF1 then you really are wasting your money aren't you. Let's just wait and see what rF2 has to offer remembering that 90% of the content will come from unpaid mod teams not highly paid professionals with paid for information to work with.

Very well put. I'm a bit sick of these comparisons being make between different formats. rF is 5 years old guy's! Wake the hell up! If iRacing wasn't better then rF1 then you really are wasting your money aren't you. Let's just wait and see what rF2 has to offer remembering that 90% of the content will come from unpaid mod teams not highly paid professionals with paid for information to work with.

Thanks Doug!

And you´re so right when you point out first off the age of the game-engine itself, and furthermore that the majority of the content that we actually play and use in leagues and souch is made by people who doesnt earn a penny from sitting down and putting huge numbers of hours into making a mod or a track!

Lets hope rF2 brings in a whole new pack of toys for us modders to play with!

I had iRacing for some months and to me it was really unpersonal and far from what the guys here at RD are looking for: Racing with known people, with friends in a cool athmosphere... iRacing was very cold in my eyes, despite the SIM was great overall (How not after paying all that money?)

I had iRacing for some months and to me it was really unpersonal and far from what the guys here at RD are looking for: Racing with known people, with friends in a cool athmosphere... iRacing was very cold in my eyes, despite the SIM was great overall (How not after paying all that money?)

After a while don't you finish by racing with the same guys that have a level close to yours? Do you tried it during a long time?

Who wants to buy RF2?? When their tracks get and actual 1/100th of an inch off from real world courses then maybe, MAYBE I'll look into it.

iRacing is where it's at. Nothings better than iRacing plain and simple. Try it once you'll never go back.

O Really, please try this out https://www.raceroom.net/games/raceroom-the-game/ not yet ready but very promising Beta released. iRacing is very good but so difficult and so expensive. F1 car was excellent but not so stable to drive and track curbs are so slipery so you cant use them as much you need, except you're an Alien???...i think its very good only for the Alien and professional drivers thought. This new RaceRoom will be the number one to the bigger audience...so many drivers already joined...sorry iRacing and Ferrari. Thanks Simbin :)

Not really fair to compare RR and iRacing in my opinion. Simbin's one car game (a.k.a. Ad On) can be downloaded for free while you need to have a subscription for iRacing. No wonder they have the larger numbers. Especially in the simracing community where a large group of gamers wants everything for free.

After a while don't you finish by racing with the same guys that have a level close to yours? Do you tried it during a long time?

RD Racing club is simply the best thing on the internet imo. You can race with your friends, and not just "the same guys", you discuss everything, you get to know each other better and better, and I'm sure that on iRacing you won't remember any race that you did 2 years ago, while I do remember a lot from those I did here at RD.

RD Racing club is simply the best thing on the internet imo. You can race with your friends, and not just "the same guys", you discuss everything, you get to know each other better and better, and I'm sure that on iRacing you won't remember any race that you did 2 years ago, while I do remember a lot from those I did here at RD.

Disagree. If its a good race its a good race, regardless of where it was you'll end up remembering it. I remember races I did back at the old RSC club, and a few good ones here at RD too. However I remember some good races I've had in iRacing too.

iRacing tends to have a lot less wreckers due to it being subscription based, and with the constant organised racing there is always a well structured race going on. However for me you cant beat the RDLMS and the multigrid setup with all manor of varying vehicles is superb! Bring on rF2 with all its goodness and im in heaven.

I tend to use iRacing to get a quick fix and go out and battle others in a race as there is almost always a race going on. It's fun and challenging and hope they will keep developping it. Sometimes demotivating as people tend to practice ALOT with 1 car 1 track and hopping in is not that easy. And going around a 99% spot on track you drive on for real as well makes it quit fun tbh. Also still hoping for a laserscanned nordschleife someday :) Yes its fun but its just another game like any other to me.

However I do enjoy racing with known people from the simcommunity overhere a lot more, in that way iRacing fails yes!
+ it does cost a fair bit of cash and the intensity of simracing is equal whatever game you choose so ye.
I always look forward to a certain race for example from RD league or event as you know who your up against and you don't need tons of practice to have a blast and worry to loose points if you go offtrack a inch or get rammed by someone be it by accident.

And RF2...bring it please !! Cant wait !

I have pretty much every racing game on PC, PS3 and PC and iRacing is really the best of them all. The racing is sooo much better than in race07 or rfactor, simply because of the Safety Rating.
tracks are soo much more realistic feeling.
And yes it is expensive, but if you buy a year it is about 1 mc donalds visit less per month. I think i can do that.
Also, they are constantly improving the game , updating physics, gearbox etc. you wont get that from rF2.
Nonetheless, I will buy it and play it , but seriously, if you are looking for the best, get iRacing. Fanboy r hater, i don't care. I just not tend to listen to people who put a game down but haven't even tried it or can't even afford to try it.

And yes it is expensive, but if you buy a year it is about 1 mc donalds visit less per month. I think i can do that.

To be honest, I'd rather have rFactor and the extra trip to McDonalds a month. :)

I sometimes struggle to commit to racing sims. I can go for weeks without touching one, and then for weeks without touching anything else. So due to the subscription, there will be a lot of time when I'm simply not getting my money's worth. Whereas something I pay for once, like Race 07, LFS or rFactor, I can get some sort of stability from. It's not going anywhere. When I want to play it, it'll be right where I left it.

Besides, as long as I'm not trying to design an F1 winning car in simulations, I'm not too bothered about every last inch of realism. There's a lot you can learn from rFactor about the behavior and science of cars, and it drives well. That's all I want. And as long as I have that, I'll gladly live without laser scanned cars and tracks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back