Tracks Nordschleife Ring for AMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
vadhil submitted a new resource:

Nordschleife Ring for AMS - A GTR EVO NORDSCHLEIFE CONVERSION by Blockhead got adapted to AMS

A GTR EVO NORDSCHLEIFE CONVERSION by Blockhead

This track has many assets from F1 2011, NFS Shift, and various other tracks.

It uses SRPL shaders for sky and some glass materials.

!_> Dynamic SRPL sky adapted to AMS
!_> Some texture shader and ambience adaptation/reworked to AMS

View attachment 603616
View attachment 603617View attachment 603619View attachment 603618

Read more about this resource...

De la Sarthe... but thats a long way after the cars...
That's fantastic. Would love to see that! :) Which version are planning to use as a base, if I may ask?

Just FYI – there's this version from ClimaxF1 that already exists for AMS, but some complain that the layout/elevation is rather different from reality in several places.

One nice version of Le Mans is this rFactor 1 2012 version by Yetisay, which is a beta-status mod but generally feels quite accurate. I don't think ClimaxF1 used this mod as the base for their texture update, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
That's fantastic. Would love to see that! :) Which version are planning to use as a base, if I may ask?

Just FYI – there's this version from ClimaxF1 that already exists for AMS, but some complain that the layout/elevation is rather different from reality in several places.

One nice version of Le Mans is this rFactor 1 2012 version by Yetisay, which is a beta-status mod but generally feels quite accurate. I don't think ClimaxF1 used this mod as the base for their texture update, but I could be wrong.
the 2012 one by zolee145 ... also used as base for Assetto Corsa

Thanks for this fantastic mod @vadhil :)

Just wanted to try to help out and give some feedback in this thread about what to work on next. FYI I haven't experienced the bug Paulo ran into above. But there are a few things I noticed.
  1. The atmosphere of this track is outstanding. The trees, the grass texture, the subtle fog in the distance... looks gorgeous :inlove:
  2. As far as I can tell, the track doesn't have AMS skies, but this is not hard to add. Dann Murillo explained how to do it in this post here.
  3. Some other AMS features (improved AI, non-visual dynamic track) are not challenging to add either. Feel free to PM me about how to do this (or I could even do it for you ;)).
  4. There are some night-time bugs to fix. No night lighting from the lights around the track (e.g. at the pitlane), but this shouldn't be too difficult to add. A weirder bug is that the grass and asphalt textures become blurry and low-res at night).. not sure what's going on there.
  5. Obviously it would be great to have all the on-track graffiti - maybe the graffiti textures could be grabbed (after obtaining permission, of course) from the rF2 community Nordschleife version?

Last edited:
Thanks for this fantastic mod @vadhil :)

Just wanted to try to help out and give some feedback in this thread about what to work on next. FYI I haven't experienced the bug Paulo ran into above. But there are a few things I noticed.
  1. The atmosphere of this track is outstanding. The trees, the grass texture, the subtle fog in the distance... looks gorgeous :inlove:
  2. As far as I can tell, the track doesn't have AMS skies, but this is not hard to add. Dann Murillo explained how to do it in this post here.
  3. Some other AMS features (improved AI, non-visual dynamic track) are not challenging to add either. Feel free to PM me about how to do this (or I could even do it for you ;)).
  4. There are some night-time bugs to fix. No night lighting from the lights around the track (e.g. at the pitlane), but this shouldn't be too difficult to add. A weirder bug is that the grass and asphalt textures become blurry and low-res at night).. not sure what's going on there.
  5. Obviously it would be great to have all the on-track graffiti - maybe the graffiti textures could be grabbed (after obtaining permission, of course) from the rF2 community Nordschleife version?
thanks for your feedback

about number 2, I prefer not swap the sky because (try to use 60x time scale and you see it :) I beg you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

about number 3, I dont know how to do them... I'll deffinetly allow everyone improve this track (since it's not really mine, it's a conversion)

and about number 4, I'll do the night lights, but can't promise to be done it around this time... (stupid me just lose my wallet and I havent got a job again)

and the blured texture is because the game use blend map lights on cars intead universal illumination just like the track lights,,, I can do nothing about it...

and about number 5, the graffity is still there and I'm not even remove it,,,

Last edited:
about number 2, I prefer not swap the sky because (try to use 60x time scale and you see it :) I beg you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ooh. Okay, I'll try that! Curious to see what you've got going on. :)

about number 3, I dont know how to do them... I'll deffinetly allow everyone improve this track (since it's not really mine, it's a conversion)
Okay! I may do some updates and post them in a separate resource at some point in the future - I'll link to them here in this thread if I do.

and about number 4, I'll do the night lights, but can't promise to be done it around this time... (stupid me just lose my wallet and I havent got a job again)
Oh gosh, please - I'm not trying to tell you what to do with your time. Real life and jobs and so on always comes first. You do what you need to do, and fit in whatever modding you want to do as you see fit :)

and the blured texture is because the game use blend map lights on cars intead universal illumination just like the track lights,,, I can do nothing about it...
I mean, I don't think the default AMS tracks and Patrick Giranthon tracks have blurred textures like that at night, so I think there is something you can do - but I have no idea how hard it would be to make the necessary changes. The amount of time required may be prohibitive, for all I know.

If you want to fix it, this issue is something you could ask about in the modding section of the AMS Unofficial Discord. They're always helpful! Or you could message knowledgeable AMS track modder Martin Lacina here on RD, and ask him about it?

and about number 5, the graffity is still there and I'm not even remove it,,,
The graffiti from the GTR Evo version is there, sure. But if you look at other versions of the track (e.g. the Assetto Corsa laser-scan or the rF2 community version) there is much more graffiti on other parts of the track in real life. I was just thinking that you could, in a future upgrade, grab those extra graffiti textures from other mods and slap them onto the tarmac in this mod. Just a suggestion, though! The track mod is plenty immersive and fun, even without :)

Last edited:
Oh my God. You have MOVING CLOUDS in the sky! That's AMAZING! :inlove: I had no idea that was even possible in AMS. Spectacular work, sir. :thumbsup:

To anyone who's curious, set the time scale to x60 and watch the sky. You'll be amazed. Genuinely looks like a timelapse from weather generated in AC by Sol or something!

Last edited:
Ooh. Okay, I'll try that! Curious to see what you've got going on. :)

Okay! I may do some updates and post them in a separate resource at some point in the future - I'll link to them here in this thread if I do.

Oh gosh, please - I'm not trying to tell you what to do with your time. Real life and jobs and so on always comes first. You do what you need to do, and fit in whatever modding you want to do as you see fit :)

I mean, I don't think the default AMS tracks and Patrick Giranthon tracks have blurred textures like that at night, so I think there is something you can do - but I have no idea how hard it would be to make the necessary changes. The amount of time required may be prohibitive, for all I know.

If you want to fix it, this issue is something you could ask about in the modding section of the AMS Unofficial Discord. They're always helpful! Or you could message knowledgeable AMS track modder Martin Lacina here on RD, and ask him about it?

The graffiti from the GTR Evo version is there, sure. But if you look at other versions of the track (e.g. the Assetto Corsa laser-scan or the rF2 community version) there is much more graffiti on other parts of the track in real life. I was just thinking that you could, in a future upgrade, grab those extra graffiti textures from other mods and slap them onto the tarmac in this mod. Just a suggestion, though! The track mod is plenty immersive and fun, even without :)
Thank you, I really look forward for your update!___because that's my knowledge limit for now

And, just about time... I currently working on some JGTC cars,,, car lights and MoTeC is kinda tricky though... wish me luck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play