1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nordschleife Horizon

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by Ben Tusting, Sep 7, 2008.

1. I looked on this website and they have good links for tracks,skins and mods and i just found this for gtr evo.
    Its called Nordschleife Horizon
    Its apparently got a higher resolution.
    GTR Evolution VirtualR - Sim Racing News

I don't think this track is legit though
  2. Mzzzz, I wonder what this will do with you FPS :)
    Its a pritty heavy circuit already :D

and until further notice we are not running it (yet) on the server.
  3. Would installing this conflict with what is run on the RD server? I am new to this sort of stuff so just wanted to ask.

Would be nice to have a better looking track!
  4. i would assume it's an add-on and not a replacement - so you'd be fine...

edit: i just read the details - it replaces the textures in the original... i have no idea if this would give you a conflict online, tho...
  5. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

This looks interesting, but i would like to know what this does with framerates.
    Anyone tried it out yet?

6. I've installed it and did not seems to affect the frame rate too much.
    As a matter of fact, I haven't seen a huge difference at all...
  7. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Ok cool, will have a go at this then.
    Thnx for the quick reply...
  8. Visually I did not see anything different. Even the pictures that are posted of the before and after look no different?!?!
  9. and if you've got time to admire the horizont then you're doing it wrong :D
  10. +1

I didn't notice it had a horizon at all.....
  11. For what it's worth: Got online yesterday on the 24hotlap server with the modificated horizon, had no mismatch.

I did not notice the horizon in particular as well - but it just felt bit unreal to me as the surroundings of the track did not look 'finished' to me. So I tried this addition and now the track feels finally complete.. I still don't look at the horizon but the general feel suits me better now.. looks a bit less like a game where the world ends at about 5miles off the track boundaries.
  12. so would you say it is worth downloading then
  13. as it made no difference in fps for me and it's a small download: yes
  14. The horizon looks a bit better (higher resolution) and more trees beside the track, but nothing you recognize when racing tbh.
  15. It is not very reallistic because with this addon there is no fog now
    Aerian perspective now is wrong.
  16. It looks nothing special....